• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMG III

Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
UPDATE: Final merit listed :3

Now just gotta wait for a call!

Recruiting Centre: CFRC Ottawa
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Artillery
Trade Choice 2: Infantry
Trade Choice 3: Armoured
Online Application: 27/11/12
Application To North Bay: 09/12/12
Reapplication: 27/03/13
First Contact: 08/07/13
Dropped off Form: 09/07/13
330-60: 05/08/13
CFAT: 28/08/13
TSD: 28/08/13
Interview: 03/10/13
Medical: 03/10/13
Medical Clearance: 29/11/13
Merit Listed: 09/01/14
Position offered: Waiting
Swearing in: Waiting
BMQ: Waiting
 

matthew1786

Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
RectorCR said:
Recruiting Center: Halifax
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer- DEO
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Officer
Trade Choice 2: Pilot (Added Jan. 9, 2014)
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: October 2012
First Contact:  December 13,2012
Aptitude Test: March 2013 (Forget the exact day)
Interview: April 4, 2013
Medical: April 4,2013
Merit Listed: May 28, 2013 (Found out when I called)
Position Offered: Waiting
Enrollment/Swear in: Waiting
BMOQ Begins: Waiting

I added Pilot as my second choice yesterday. Apparently I have to re-interview and then if all goes well there, head to Trenton for testing.

Still hoping for Inf. Off. but I'd be more than happy to accept an offer for Pilot.

Did they ask you to add on pilot because you fit the profile? Or you decided yourself?
 

kshabs

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Recruiting Center: Calgary
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Combat Eng
Trade Choice 3:
Online Application Date: January 8, 2014
First Contact:  January 10, 2014
Initial Processing: February 11, 2014
CFAT: Waiting
Interview: Waiting
Medical: Waiting
Merit Listed: Waiting
Position Offered: Waiting
Enrollment/Swear in: Waiting
BMOQ Begins: Waiting
 

RectorCR

Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
matthew1786 said:
Did they ask you to add on pilot because you fit the profile? Or you decided yourself?

No I chose it on my own. I've been considering pilot since I first applied but I figured I'd get an offer for Pilot much sooner than Infantry Officer which is what I'd rather do, so I've been holding out for a while. I added it now because the new fiscal year is coming up soon and if Inf Officer doesn't go through for whatever reason I have a good chance at a fall back.

 

Rohandro

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
-UPDATE-

Recruiting Centre: Toronto
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: Infantry
Trade choice 2: Artillery
Trade Choice 3: Armoured
Applied: Aug 02, 2013
First contact: Sept 04, 2013
Dropped off security forms to CFRC: Sept 07, 2013
CFAT: Oct 22,2013 (Passed)
Medical: Nov 04, 2013
Interview: Nov 13, 2013
Merit Listed: Jan 13, 2014
Position offered:
Enrollment/swearing in:
BMQ:

I called today and the person at the phone told me that I was being merit listed at that very instant. Now to wait for the call :D
 

Urlte

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Recruiting Centre: Victoria
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: Infantry Soldier
Trade choice 2: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 3: Construction Technician 
Applied: Aug 25, 2013
First contact: Aug 28, 2013
CFAT: Nov 27,2013 (Passed)
Medical: Nov 27, 2013
Interview: Nov 27, 2013
Merit Listed:
Position offered:
Enrollment/swearing in:
BMQ:
 

Milhouse

New Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Rohandro said:
I called today and the person at the phone told me that I was being merit listed at that very instant. Now to wait for the call :D

Damn you did your interview, a day after I did mine.  I haven't got the  medical letter of doom yet, so i am hoping for a good outcome also. Congrats.
 
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Recruiting Centre: Edmonton
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: Infantry Soldier
Trade choice 2: Armored Soldier
Trade Choice 3: None
Applied: Sept 3, 2013
First contact: Nov 29, 2013 (Contacted them, received news that it was transferred to Edmonton a week prior, and I was supposed to receive an email)
CFAT: Jan 22 ,2014
Medical: TBD
Interview: TBD
Merit Listed:
Position offered:
Enrollment/swearing in:
BMQ:
 

RectorCR

Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Recruiting Center: Halifax
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer- DEO
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Officer
Trade Choice 2: Pilot (Added Jan. 9, 2014)
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: October 2012
First Contact:  December 13,2012
Aptitude Test: March 2013 (Forget the exact day)
Interview: April 4, 2013 (January 20, 2014- Pilot)
Medical: April 4,2013 (January 16, 2014 - Pilot)
Merit Listed: May 28, 2013 (Found out when I called)
Position Offered: Waiting
Enrollment/Swear in: Waiting
BMOQ Begins: Waiting

Have an appointment on Thursday for medical for Pilot and an Interview on Monday.
 

pandora

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Recruiting Center: Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: Nov 15, 2013
First Contact:  Nov 30, 2013
Aptitude Test: Dec 12, 2013
PT Test: Jan 7, 2014
Interview: Jan 8, 2014
Medical: Jan 14, 2014
Position Offered: Jan 15, 2014
Enrollment/Swear in: Jan 16, 2014
BMQ Begins: Jan 17,2014
 
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Recruiting Center: CFRC Hamilton
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: ACISS
Trade Choice 2: Infantry
Trade Choice 3: Artillery
Application Date: Started Jan 14 2014 online.
First Contact: 
Aptitude Test:
PT Test:
Interview:
Medical: 
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
BMQ Begins:
 

Rohandro

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Milhouse said:
Damn you did your interview, a day after I did mine.  I haven't got the  medical letter of doom yet, so i am hoping for a good outcome also. Congrats.

Really was there something wrong with your medical? I guess I was lucky to get it cleared quickly, my reference check was the thing that delayed my application for a long time almost a month actually
 

scottjacobs

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Recruiting Centre: Toronto
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: Infantry
Trade choice 2: Armored solider
Trade Choice 3: Artillery
Applied: December 12, 2013
File Transferred to local recruiter: January 6, 2013
CFAT: Missed my call on January 13, have to wait hopefully be contacted by the 24th
Medical: n/a
Interview: n/a
Merit Listed:--------
Position offered: ---------
Enrollment/swearing in: ------------
BMQ:------------
 

Evancai

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Recruiting Centre: CFRC Corner Brook, Newfoundland
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Armoured Soldier
Trade Choice 2: Combat Engineer
Application Date (Online): October 16, 2013
Documents Received: October 25, 2013
First Contact: October 30, 2013
CFAT: November 6, 2013 PASSED
Medical: November 20, 2013
Interview: November 20, 2013
Medical: PASSED, Interview: PASSED, Physical Test: PASSED
Position Offered: To be determined
Sworn in: To be determined
BMQ: To be determined
 

RectorCR

Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Thought I'd spell out my pilot application in case anyone was interested...

I had my medical yesterday. I had one about a year ago so this was a really short meeting. They basically measured my height and weight and blood pressure and got me to sign a form saying nothing serious had developed since I last saw them.

They gave me some homework to do. I have to go get an eye exam from an optometrist including a cycloplegic fraction. Also, I need to get blood work and urinalysis done. Unfortunately I have to foot the bill for these things and in NS at least third party physicals aren't covered by MSI so the blood work and urinalysis are going to cost ~$100 and the eye exam is $129 (fortunately my insurance covers a lot of the eye exam).

They said given these tests go well and the interview goes well Ill proceed to Trenton, ON for Air Crew Selection and if that goes well off to Toronto for Air Med. where they'll do a bunch of more test...

Seems like quite the involved process haha. 
 

matthew1786

Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
RectorCR said:
Thought I'd spell out my pilot application in case anyone was interested...

I had my medical yesterday. I had one about a year ago so this was a really short meeting. They basically measured my height and weight and blood pressure and got me to sign a form saying nothing serious had developed since I last saw them.

They gave me some homework to do. I have to go get an eye exam from an optometrist including a cycloplegic fraction. Also, I need to get blood work and urinalysis done. Unfortunately I have to foot the bill for these things and in NS at least third party physicals aren't covered by MSI so the blood work and urinalysis are going to cost ~$100 and the eye exam is $129 (fortunately my insurance covers a lot of the eye exam).

They said given these tests go well and the interview goes well Ill proceed to Trenton, ON for Air Crew Selection and if that goes well off to Toronto for Air Med. where they'll do a bunch of more test...

Seems like quite the involved process haha.

Thanks for the solid info. I'm submitting all my documents on Monday and I'm sure that my case will move along quickly as I have already been granted a V1 recently (about 2 years ago) and scored competitively on the aptitude exam. I'll try to schedule the blood work in advance since it takes an eternity for these things here in Montreal lol. Good luck in the process I'll keep my process up to date here as well so we can compare and such. Cheers.
 

bhmve

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Recruiting Center: Halifax
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: AVS Tech.
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: CFVRC Submitted July 1st
First Contact: September 20 2013
Aptitude Test:November 5 2013
PT Test: November 5 2013
Interview: November 13 2013
Medical: November 5 2013
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
BMQ Begins:

So here is my situation:

I hope someone with experience, or who knows how the process goes, can help me out. I originally applied online through the Virtual Rec. Cen. It took me a few months to gather all my documents like transcripts, diploma, licenses, etc. I think i finally got all those forms submitted to North Bay around August 15 2013. I was later contacted by Halifax in September to get the application process going. So, officially, I would say RC Halifax had all my paperwork around October 1st. It is now January and I am still waiting on my Background check to be completed. So here is where I wanted some help...
I am applying for Aviation Systems Tech. I am a licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. I have studied and received my diploma from an approved course. Everything seems to be going great except I feel with my credentials, I would have seen more progress by now. Does it matter that I have experience in this field? Or does my application get treated the same as someone who has no training?

Also how long have your security checks taken?

This is definitely a process. But I am dedicated and have the patience. Working and being part of the Canadian Forces is a dream of mine.
 

DAA

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
0
bhmve said:
So here is my situation:
I hope someone with experience, or who knows how the process goes, can help me out. I originally applied online through the Virtual Rec. Cen. It took me a few months to gather all my documents like transcripts, diploma, licenses, etc. I think i finally got all those forms submitted to North Bay around August 15 2013. I was later contacted by Halifax in September to get the application process going. So, officially, I would say RC Halifax had all my paperwork around October 1st. It is now January and I am still waiting on my Background check to be completed. So here is where I wanted some help...
I am applying for Aviation Systems Tech. I am a licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. I have studied and received my diploma from an approved course. Everything seems to be going great except I feel with my credentials, I would have seen more progress by now. Does it matter that I have experience in this field? Or does my application get treated the same as someone who has no training?
Also how long have your security checks taken?
This is definitely a process. But I am dedicated and have the patience. Working and being part of the Canadian Forces is a dream of mine.

Right about now, the background checks are probably the least of your worries.  I would probably be more inclined to ask whether or not your CFRC has even initiated a PLAR on you with respect to your "Diploma" as this process can take a mimimum of 2 months to complete.

Given the fact that the CF is in need of AVS Techs and the time it is taking to process your file, I get the feeling that someone might have dropped the ball.....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top