• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danni_Girl said:
Initial contract is generally 5 years.  Unless the CF is paying for College or University. 
Then you are looking at about 2 1/2 years for every 4 semesters.
Usually at the 5 year mark, or even before they will give you the option to extend it to 25 years.

They do not contact you once you have been merit listed. 
I'm merit listed for ACS Tech, and found out in Jan when I called for the status of my application. 
Just keep calling.  I call at least once a month.  More now that I know I'm merited.  :nod:

Thanks. I won't be going to college/uni/tech school for my trade, so I don't think I have to worry about that.
Someone said something about the initial contract being 4 years for a CBT ENGR, which sounds good to me.

As for the merit list, I ended up calling to find out I had been merit listed a few days after my medical/interview.

Now I'm just waiting on that phone call :) However, I'll be calling at least once a month to check up on my file.

omnomnomi said:
Recruiting Centre: Vancouver
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade 1: Vehicle Tech
Trade 2: Aircraft Structures Tech
Trade 3: Aviation Systems Tech
Application Date: June 10 2011 (RE-APPLIED February 24 2012)
First Contact: x
CFAT: Completed July 12 2011
Medical: Completed August 3 2011
Interview: x
Merit Listed: x
Position Offered: x
Enrolment: x
Swearing in: x
BMQ: x

Just a note: Since AVN and ACS Tech are not accepting applications at this time I am only being processed for Veh Tech. Also according to he recruiter, because I have already completed my CFAT and Medical I most likely won't have to re do them for round 2. Good luck everyone!  :D

Update! I got a call from the RC today asking if I could come in for an interview. Since I was in the middle of work however it has been scheduled for tomorrow by phone (of all things). I'm kind of nervous because I wasn't really expecting a call so quickly! Just goes to show you should never assume things... you know what they say  :facepalm:

omnomnomi said:
Update! I got a call from the RC today asking if I could come in for an interview. Since I was in the middle of work however it has been scheduled for tomorrow by phone (of all things). I'm kind of nervous because I wasn't really expecting a call so quickly! Just goes to show you should never assume things... you know what they say  :facepalm:

An interview over the phone? Yikes! I'm not sure how I'd feel about that, but good luck! ;D

mmmjon said:
As for the merit list, I ended up calling to find out I had been merit listed a few days after my medical/interview.

I don't wanna break your heart... but you cannot be merit listed until after all steps are completed... medical cfat interview background check etc. Because the "merit" list is a ranking of best candidate to the one that just made the bar. I was told that too until I found out I wasn't.

cnobbs84 said:
I don't wanna break your heart... but you cannot be merit listed until after all steps are completed... medical cfat interview background check etc. Because the "merit" list is a ranking of best candidate to the one that just made the bar. I was told that too until I found out I wasn't.
No worries about breaking my heart , if you go back a page or two, you'll see that I have completed all of the steps and that I am merit listed.

Thanks for you concern though :p

Hi guys, I call my file manager today and I just heard that I am merit listed !

Recruiting Center: Quebec city
Officer/NCM: Officer (Junior ROTP)
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2: Air Combat Systems Officer
Trade Choice 3: Aerospace engineer
Application Date: November 4, 2011
First Contact: November 14, 2011
CFAT: November 29, 2011 - completed
Interview: December 20. 2011 - completed
Medical: December 20, 2011 completed
Aircrew Selection  : January 30th to February 3rd -- completed
Aircrew medical : February 2 -- Done
ACSO exam : Done and complete by February 27.
Merit Listed : March 9 ------ All trades

Hey, does anyone know if you can still apply in person in the Hamilton/Toronto area or if all applications must be done through the CFNRC (online)?

My understanding is that it is 100% online... Once you apply online you will be contacted if the job is open and if you qualify. My suggestion go to the CFRC and speak with them and find out if the jobs you wish to apply too are forecasting to be open.

cnobbs84 said:
My understanding is that it is 100% online...

This one is 100% online:  http://worldoftanks.com/

For The Canadian Forces, one will have to actually speak with people and visit a CFRC.

The long journey continues: my new application is in.

Recruiting Center: Online
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade Choice 1: MARS
Trade Choice 2: NCS Eng
Trade Choice 3: Log
Application Date: - March 10, 2012
Aptitude Test: September 22, 2005
Interview:
Medical:
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
Basic Training Begins:

George Wallace said:
This one is 100% online:  http://worldoftanks.com/

For The Canadian Forces, one will have to actually speak with people and visit a CFRC.

GW it seems that the CFRC have changed the process.. they admit its not great but they said what can you do. CFRC no longer accept any applications at the local level. You apply online then if you qualify your file will be sent to your local CFRC and then they contact you to get the ball rolling. But you still go in for information etc... just cant apply in person anymore...

EDIT: Retracting my post as I realize my Recruitment process is probably much different in Ontario then Saskatchewan.
Regards:KW

Recruiting Center:Halifax  :cdn:
Trade Choice 1: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 2: Armoured Soldier
Trade Choice 3: X
Application Date: January 24th 2012
First Contact: February 3rd 2012 (required further info)
Second Contact:February 17th 2012 (schedule CFAT, Medical,Interview)
Aptitude Test:March 6th 2012
Interview:March 6th 2012
Medical: March 6th 2012
Merit Listed: X
Position Offered: X
Enrollment/Swear in: X
Basic Training Begins: X

KCIN-C-E-KYRB said:
Recruiting Center:Halifax  :cdn:
Trade Choice 1: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 2: Armoured Soldier
Trade Choice 3: X
Application Date: January 24th 2012
First Contact: February 3rd 2012 (required further info)
Second Contact:February 17th 2012 (schedule CFAT, Medical,Interview)
Aptitude Test:March 6th 2012
Interview:March 6th 2012
Medical: March 6th 2012
Merit Listed: X
Position Offered: X
Enrollment/Swear in: X
Basic Training Begins: X

Did you apply online or in person? I am also from Halifax and I went to apply in person around the beginning of January but the recruiter told me to apply online. My application hasn't even been reviewed yet. This online application is driving me crazy. I would have much rather applied in person.

Does anyone know how long it takes for CFNRCC to review applications? If you apply in person don't they review it as soon as you give it to them.

Mkenzie said:
Did you apply online or in person? I am also from Halifax and I went to apply in person around the beginning of January but the recruiter told me to apply online. My application hasn't even been reviewed yet. This online application is driving me crazy. I would have much rather applied in person.

Does anyone know how long it takes for CFNRCC to review applications? If you apply in person don't they review it as soon as you give it to them.

I originally applied online and i found it to take quite a while, so I went to my local CFRC and re applied in paper. One note though; what held up my online application is that currently the CF is only processing applications with a PP level of 4 or higher, 3's or less will not be processed till April, I was only at a level 3 on my online application but after talking to my local recruiter we changed some things on my application and it raised my level to a 4 so my application is currently being processed. You could be in the same boat as I was best bet is to call up Northbay and find out.
Regards: KW

chesteria said:
Recruiting Center: Ottawa, ON
Trade Choice 1: ATIS TECH
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: December 19, 2011
First Contact: January 9, 2012
Aptitude test: January 18, 2012
Medical: January 30, 2012
Interview: January 30, 2012
Position Offered: March 12 2012
Enrollment Date: Pending
BMQ start date: April 30th 2012

Wow, got the call this morning.  BMQ April 30th.  Needless to say, I'm pumped!

chesteria said:
Wow, got the call this morning.  BMQ April 30th.  Needless to say, I'm pumped!
Woah! That was a fairly short process, congrats and good luck!

mmmjon said:
Woah! That was a fairly short process, congrats and good luck!

Yeah I know, I couldn't believe how quick it was.  Especially after reading some cases of it taking a year or more. 

Thanks, and good luck to everyone else that is waiting!

chesteria said:
Yeah I know, I couldn't believe how quick it was.  Especially after reading some cases of it taking a year or more. 

Thanks, and good luck to everyone else that is waiting!

Congrats! Hoping that my application will be processed as quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back