• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
skrob said:
Recruting Center: Saskatoon (1st & 3rd time), Edmonton (2nd time)
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: DEO
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2: X
Trade Choice 3: X
Application Date: Sept 2007 (1st time), April 2010 (2nd time), Jan 17, 2012 (3rd time)
First Contact: Jan 19, 2012
Aptitude test completed: Nov 2007
Interview: Feb 9, 2012
Medical: Feb 9, 2012
ASC: April 16-20, 2012
Merit Listed: X
Position Offered: X
Basic Training Begins: X
Got my dates for aircrew selection...I'm giddy as a school girl.

skrob said:
Got my dates for aircrew selection...I'm giddy as a school girl.

I'll offer my congrats only once you pass, until then prepare prepare prepare!  ;D

Gulruthina said:
I was merit listed for ACISS on March 16, 2012. No offer yet as of today :(

It will take some time, depends on how competitive your application is. You will get an offer, don't worry.  :salute:

Spark said:
Recruiting Center: Montreal
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 2: Infantry
Trade Choice 3: -
Application Date: - November 22nd 2011
First Contact: December 21st 2011
Aptitude Test: January 4th 2012
Interview: x
Medical: February 24th 2012
Merit Listed: x
Position Offered: x
Enrollment/Swear in: x
Basic Training Begins: x

Update: Interview completed April 2nd, 2012

My interview went very well today. I was told that I will soon be merit listed and that I am a very competitive candidate (kind of surprised to hear that).

I was also informed that the next selection date for CE is, as mentioned in earlier posts, August 7th 2012.

Spark said:
Update: Interview completed April 2nd, 2012

My interview went very well today. I was told that I will soon be merit listed and that I am a very competitive candidate (kind of surprised to hear that).

I was also informed that the next selection date for CE is, as mentioned in earlier posts, August 7th 2012.

Congrats Spark! Call the RC in a few days, you should be merit listed by then.

Also...August just seems soooooooooo far away. haha

If the selections for ACISS is end of April how come applicants are already getting selected in March?

Gulruthina said:
If the selections for ACISS is end of April how come applicants are already getting selected in March?
There was a selection in March.

I just got off the phone with the file manager. He said there was a selection a couple days ago for ACISS and RMS and he said that "if" I were to get selected on that selection that I should expect a call this week or the next. He also said the aptitude scores does not really matter in terms of selections and lastly he said they allocate the number of openings across the RC in Canada

mmmjon said:
Also...August just seems soooooooooo far away. haha

Haha, tell me about it... 

On the bright side, I'm going to use the time to work and continue to improve physically.

matthew1786 said:
I'll offer my congrats only once you pass, until then prepare prepare prepare!  ;D
Getting my study guide tonight.  Also my wife is going to bring me home a gr 10 & 11 math textbook from her school so I can review.  Other than that, might practice some instrument flying in flight simulator to work on my scan.  Wish me luck!

I have applied via online application March 3rd. They sent a message confirming they have received it. In the email they said to mail supporting documents and I did and then received another email 5 days later confirming they received it.

That's all I have heard from them. just emails. If anyone is curious my selections are as follows.

Artillery air
Artillery ground
Infantry

My grades are pretty average. In good shape. And actually put in a effort when they wanted me to describe the type of hobbies, PT stuff I do in the app.

judging from the fast responses people got while reading through this thread it kinda makes me wonder.

robotar said:
I have applied via online application March 3rd. They sent a message confirming they have received it. In the email they said to mail supporting documents and I did and then received another email 5 days later confirming they received it.

That's all I have heard from them. just emails. If anyone is curious my selections are as follows.

Artillery air
Artillery ground
Infantry

My grades are pretty average. In good shape. And actually put in a effort when they wanted me to describe the type of hobbies, PT stuff I do in the app.

judging from the fast responses people got while reading through this thread it kinda makes me wonder.

I am in the same boat; applied online, sent in supporting documents, emailed to say they were received. I am sure that everything is moving along, it's just a busy time of year for them. If I don't hear anything by Friday I'll be giving them a call just to make sure that I haven't forgotten to send anything.

Hey all, I'm finally getting around to updating this beast :)

Recruiting Centre: Vancouver
Trade 1: Vehicle Tech
Trade 2: Aircraft Structures Tech
Trade 3: Aviation Systems Tech
Application Date: June 10 2011 (RE-APPLIED February 24 2012)
First Contact: x
CFAT: Completed July 12 2011
Medical: Completed August 3 2011
Interview: March 9, 2012
Merit Listed: April 2, 2012
Position Offered: x
Enrolment: x
Swearing in: x
BMQ: x

SO! Next week I have to go down to the RC to do some paperwork because of the new application stuff (apparently), and after that my application will be hand delivered to the Selection Clerk for final processing :D

Good luck everyone!

Recruiting Centre: Montreal,QC
Trade Choice 1: RMS Clerk
Trade Choice 2: x
Trade Choice 3: x
Application Date: April 2010
Aptitude Completed: October 2008
Credit  check: September 2010
Medical Completed: October 2010
ERC Completed: August 2011 (Dual  Citizenship)
Credit Check: November 21st 2011 (first one  expired)
Second Medical complted: November 23 ,2011 (first one expired)
Interview completed: November 28, 2011
Merit Listed: November 28, 2011
Position Offered: April 3, 2012
Enrolment Ceremony: April 12, 2012
BMQ Begins: April 16!!!!!

I finally got my call!!!! When it happens, it happens FAST! :)

Waters81 said:
Recruiting Center: Toronto
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 3: Construction Tech
Application Date: Jan.2008 (Originally)
Reapplication date: Jan.19.2012 (Online)
Med, aptitude completed : TBA
PT Test booked: TBA
Interview booked: TBA
Position Offered: TBA
Basic Training Begins: TBA

Well, lets try this again shall we. I know that it's a tad early so I'm not sure if the process will even begin yet, but I figured that I give'er a shot. I'm in Fort McMurray until February so I'm going to head over to Toronto RC when I get back. 4th time is a charm...I hope. Fingers crossed.

So, here is the latest update...no change. I haven't heard hide nor hair from anyone from any RC about my file. I call CFNRC every couple of weeks just to check on the status, make sure that they don't need anything from me, that sort of thing, and they keep feeding me the usual "your file is being processed". Now, I understand that the process does take some time, but the thing that concerns me is that I have read posts from other individuals who had applied around the same time that I did who are already much further along than myself (medicals/interviews completed, etc.). I'm  not going to whine about "why wont they call me", but I am going to ask whether or not my concern is legitimate? Or am I just being a little over anxious? Feel free to tell me to stop being a whiny bitch if that's what I'm being.

Waters81 said:
So, here is the latest update...no change. I haven't heard hide nor hair from anyone from any RC about my file. I call CFNRC every couple of weeks just to check on the status, make sure that they don't need anything from me, that sort of thing, and they keep feeding me the usual "your file is being processed". Now, I understand that the process does take some time, but the thing that concerns me is that I have read posts from other individuals who had applied around the same time that I did who are already much further along than myself (medicals/interviews completed, etc.). I'm  not going to whine about "why wont they call me", but I am going to ask whether or not my concern is legitimate? Or am I just being a little over anxious? Feel free to tell me to stop being a whiny ***** if that's what I'm being.

Has your file been transfered to your local RC yet? Because thats who you should call and find out if you can schedule your CFAT, at least. I've seen other people from Toronto be processed for CE.

Waters81 said:
and they keep feeding me the usual "your file is being processed".

Have you considered that your file is in fact being processed ? That is not just line you are being "fed" ?

Just because it is not what you want to hear, does not make it false.

I'm  not going to whine about "why wont they call me",

Could have fooled me.

the thing that concerns me is that I have read posts from other individuals who had applied around the same time that I did who are already much further along than myself (medicals/interviews completed, etc.)

What happens to other people has absolutely nothing to do with you. Their files are different than yours, their situation different that yours.

Waters81 said:
So, here is the latest update...no change. I haven't heard hide nor hair from anyone from any RC about my file. I call CFNRC every couple of weeks just to check on the status, make sure that they don't need anything from me, that sort of thing, and they keep feeding me the usual "your file is being processed". Now, I understand that the process does take some time, but the thing that concerns me is that I have read posts from other individuals who had applied around the same time that I did who are already much further along than myself (medicals/interviews completed, etc.). I'm  not going to whine about "why wont they call me", but I am going to ask whether or not my concern is legitimate? Or am I just being a little over anxious? Feel free to tell me to stop being a whiny bitch if that's what I'm being.

Stop being a whiny bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back