• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruiting Center: Winnipeg
Regular/Reserve: Reserve Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: NCI Op
Trade Choice 2: X
Trade Choice 3: X
Application Date: - March 2010 April 2, 2012
First Contact: March 2010 April 2, 2012
Aptitude Test: April 2010
Interview: April 2010 April 30, 2012
Medical: April 2010 April 30, 2012
Merit Listed: x
Position Offered: x
Enrollment/Swear in: x
Basic Training Begins: x

First time I applied was for the reserves. I wanted to hold off to make sure this is what I wanted to do.  After 2 years of serious thinking, I completed High School and entered Culinary Arts in college. Knew right away that this was not the career choice that I wanted. Went back to the recruiting center in March, fully applied April 2. Now I'm just waiting to redo my interview and medical.  Lets hope this goes by fast!!

:cdn:

Recruiting Center: Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 3: Construction Tech
Application Date: Jan.2008 (Originally)
Reapplication date: Jan.19.2012 (Online)
Medical booked: Apr.23
Interview booked:May.2
Position Offered:
Merit Listed:
Basic Training Begins:

When people said "when things start to happen, they happen fast", they weren't lying. I received an email from Toronto RC on Wednesday informing me that they had received my file (which must have been sent on a scud missile because CFNRC only sent it last Thursday). I paid a visit to the RC yesterday to drop off the remaining paper work and unexpectedly booked my medical and my interview. I've only ever made it this far in the past before the trades that I had applied for closed and I was left to wait another year, so here's hoping things pan out this time around.

Recruiting Center: Online/Barrie
Officer/NCM: Officer- DEO
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2: Infantry
Trade Choice 3: ACSO
Application Date: July 2011 (Originally)
Reapplication date: Jan 2012 (Online)
Medical booked:
Interview booked: April 30
Position Offered:
Merit Listed:
Basic Training Begins:

I didn't think I'd ever land a chance at pilot, but its coming at me!  I had originally applied to infantry and armour last year, as those were the only trades available.  Look forward to the interview, but a little nervous too!  Wish me luck!

Recruiting Center: Montreal
Officer/NCM: DEO
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Officer
Trade Choice 2: Armour Officer
Trade Choice 3: Pilot
Application Date: May 3rd, 2011 (In person at RC)
First Contact: Mid-July, 2011
Aptitude Test: July 27th 2011
Interview: August 15th
Medical: August 4th 2012 (Yes, my medical happened BEFORE the interview… apparently my CFAT score really impressed them or something)
Merit Listed: January 2012
Position Offered: January 27th, 2012 (I refused, see explanation below)

I applied immediately following my graduation from McGill. It took a good two months until they finally contacted me in mid-July for the CFAT, after which immediately followed the medical and finally the interview. It all happened so fast, as though they were trying to fill out the last openings for September.

Of course, perhaps it’s a manifestation of Murphy’s Law, a minor issue came up at my medical and my file had to be sent to Ottawa for review, which delayed the whole process till January. As soon as I got onto the Merit List however, I got a call on January 27th offering me a spot on the BMOQ starting on Feb. 13th.

The problem was that, by then, I had already taken up a manager job at this company and had just received a generous promotion. Feeling far too guilty, I declined the offer and asked to be called at a later time in the Spring, after I’ve had some time to make some actual contributions at my current job worthy of the promotion.

Well, the joke’s on me, now that I’m finally ready to quit my job and join the Army, all positions are closed until further notice.

Moral of the story: when you get the call, don’t hesitate like I did!

ken.w2402 said:
Officer/NCM: DEO
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Officer
Trade Choice 2: Armour Officer
Trade Choice 3: Pilot
Application Date: May 3rd, 2011 (In person at RC)
First Contact: Mid-July, 2011
Aptitude Test: July 27th 2011
Interview: August 15th
Medical: August 4th 2012 (Yes, my medical happened BEFORE the interview… apparently my CFAT score really impressed them or something)
Merit Listed: January 2012
Position Offered: January 27th, 2012 (I refused, see explanation below)

I applied immediately following my graduation from McGill. It took a good two months until they finally contacted me in mid-July for the CFAT, after which immediately followed the medical and finally the interview. It all happened so fast, as though they were trying to fill out the last openings for September.

Of course, perhaps it’s a manifestation of Murphy’s Law, a minor issue came up at my medical and my file had to be sent to Ottawa for review, which delayed the whole process till January. As soon as I got onto the Merit List however, I got a call on January 27th offering me a spot on the BMOQ starting on Feb. 13th.

The problem was that, by then, I had already taken up a manager job at this company and had just received a generous promotion. Feeling far too guilty, I declined the offer and asked to be called at a later time in the Spring, after I’ve had some time to make some actual contributions at my current job worthy of the promotion.

Well, the joke’s on me, now that I’m finally ready to quit my job and join the Army, all positions are closed until further notice.

Moral of the story: when you get the call, don’t hesitate like I did!

My medical also happened before my interview :). What trade did you get selected for when they offered you a job?

Gulruthina said:
My medical also happened before my interview :). What trade did you get selected for when they offered you a job?

Infantry Officer. My interview seemed uniquely focused on Infantry Officer too, so I doubt I'd be offered anything else.

gQeline said:
Recruiting Centre: CFRC Hamilton
Reserve
NCM
Trade: Medical Assistant
Application sent: July 5, 2011
CFAT completed: August 9, 2011
Interview completed: August 24, 2011
Medical: August 24, 2011
Additional Medical Reports sent: September 8, 2011
Medical Approved: October 21, 2011
Physical Test completed: October 28, 2011
Position Offered:
Swearing In:
Basic Training:

I'm really excited to become a member of the CF! I'm wishing everyone out there goodluck and congratulations in advance! Don't give up, and work hard because in the end you'll get what you deserve.  :nod:

****UPDATE***
Position Offered: March 29, 2012
Swearing In:
Basic Training:

All this time I was waiting for a "call" but as soon as I started to relax and focus on other things other than the call, I got an EMAIL saying they have accepted my application and I would be sworn in the next few weeks. Still waiting for the exact dates of swearing in and bmq, but here it is! Finally I can really look forward to my life in the Canadian Forces!

Recruiting Center: Sherbrooke
Officer/NCM: NCM (NCM-SEP)
Trade Choice 1: ATIS
Trade Choice 2: WENG
Trade Choice 3: EO
Application Date: january 2011
Reapplication date: february 2012
Medical : March 2012
Interview : March 2012
Merit listed :
Position Offered :
Merit Listed :
Basic Training Begins:

I'm already in the first year of college in Electrical Engineering.

ken.w2402 said:

I've done this twice and both times my medical was first. I don't believe this is unusual

jemcgrg said:
I've done this twice and both times my medical was first. I don't believe this is unusual

Same, just finished my medical an hour ago and my interview is next week.

On a side note, what's this "priority hiring" I was told about? How does that work? 

jemcgrg said:

Good to know. I was told that my CFAT score went through the roof though... I somehow thought that was the cause.

ken.w2402 said:
Good to know. I was told that my CFAT score went through the roof though... I somehow thought that was the cause.

When I got my interview date for pilot last week, they said my CFAT score from last year (I could only apply to Infantry and Armour, the only ones open at the time) was "well above average". So I didn't have to write again to qualify for pilot.  :nod: 

Recruiting Center: Online/CFRC Kitchener
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: x
Trade Choice 3: x
Application Date: - March 18, 2012
First Contact: March 20th - confirmed receipt of supporting documents
Second Contact: March 21st - informing me that I was eligible to be processed for Infantry
Aptitude Test: April 26th, 2012
Interview: May 1, 2012
Medical: May 1, 2012

Super excited, but nervous at the same time. If anyone else is applying to Infantry, feel free to shoot me a PM. Would enjoy learning how everyone's processing is going.

Wow Connorp23 that's really fast. Your lucky. I have previous service and I've still been waiting since Sep/2011

Recruiting Center: Online/CFRC Mississauga
Trade Choice 1: ATIS
Trade Choice 2: AVN
Trade Choice 3: RMS
Application Date: 14Mar12
First Contact: 30Mar12 - confirmed receipt of supporting documents (sent by mail 22Mar12)
Second Contact: 03Apr12 -File transferred to CFRC Mississauga
Aptitude Test: Existing on file
Medical: 8May12
Interview: 9May12

Recruiting Center: CFRC Victoria
Officer/MR: Officer (ROTP)
Trade Choice 1: MARS
Trade Choice 2:MS ENG
Trade Choice 3: NCS ENG
Application Date: Sept 9, 2011
First Contact: Sept 9,2011
Med, aptitude completed : Feb 7, 2012
Interview completed: Feb 14, 2012
Merit List: March 10, 2012
Position Offered: April 23, 2012
RMC Recruit Camp Begins: August 8, 2012

Waters81 said:
Same, just finished my medical an hour ago and my interview is next week.

On a side note, what's this "priority hiring" I was told about? How does that work?

I go to my medical in an hour. :S I'm nervous despite having already done it before and knowing full well it is easy.

As far as priority hiring, if you are asking what I think you are asking it is my understanding (which could be wrong) that it is for the trades that they are trying to push through. I don't have a selection date for my trade yet so my file is not a priority to process unlike those trades that have selection dates and need to get done ASAP.

Montrealer10 said:
Wow Connorp23 that's really fast. Your lucky. I have previous service and I've still been waiting since Sep/2011

No kidding; I app'ed in late January and I'm seeing these apps from Kitchener and Mississauga being processed faster and, when I called, I was told they are only two handful of people working on tens of thousands of applications and I should have an answer by the end of the month (again). I also have previous service, but I guess either my location (same as you, MTL) or my choice of trade is slowing things down ;)

What's your trade?

Recruiting Center: Online/CFRC Montreal
Trade Choice 1: COMM RSCH
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: 25 Jan 2012
First Contact: 7 Feb 2012 - email acknowledging reception of documents sent by mail around 29 Jan 2012
Second Contact: ---
Aptitude Test: Probably still valid
Medical:
Interview:
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
Basic Training Begins: Already done and still valid

jemcgrg said:
I go to my medical in an hour. :S I'm nervous despite having already done it before and knowing full well it is easy.

I have fond memories of my medical the first time I went through the process... crouch-walking around the office...

Ynapt said:
No kidding; I applied in late January and I'm seeing these apps from Kitchener and Mississauga being processed faster and, when I called, I was told they are only two handful of people working on tens of thousands of applications and I should have an answer by the end of the month (again). I also have previous service, but I guess either my location (same as you, MTL) or my choice of trade is slowing things down ;)

I am going to take a crack at this just to try and ease your tension, based on my experience and research, IMHO,

1) Every application is different, you may or may not have what the CF is looking for at the time of your application.
2) Prior service delays your application as they need to retrieve your records from archives and determine your release terms.
3) Applying for trades that are closed is not conducive to a speedy enrollment.

The last time I applied it took a few months for my records to come back from Ottawa. This time around I went in with originals of everything in hand, and I mean everything with my name on it from birth onward. Being from Toronto I would like to believe that the issue is down to being in Montreal, but that is likely not the case. Hang tight, things will move along.

Regards,

Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: AEC
Trade Choice 2: ACSO
Trade Choice 3:-
Aptitude Test: December 2010. I'm already in the forces
Interview: February
Medical: February
Advanced medical: February
Aircrew selection: April 1-3