• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update to my situation:

CFAT & Medical scheduled for June 4th, 2012 at CFRC Hamilton. I applied DEO LogO, Armour O and ACSO.

Update:

Recruiting Center ~ Kingston 
Regular/Reserve ~ Regular
Officer/NCM ~ NCM
Trade Choice 1 ~ ACS Tech
Trade Choice 2 ~ AVN Tech
Trade Choice 3 ~ RMS Clerk
Application Date ~ March 8, 2010 (file closed Nov 2010)- re-applied April 2011
CFAT ~ March 23, 2010
Medical ~ June 2011
Interview ~ June 2011
Merit Listed ~ Jan 2012 for ACS Tech ..  One step closer  :camo:
Position Offered ~ May 4th, 2012
Swear In ~ May 10th, 2012
Basic Training Begins ~ May 14th, 2012 - RMS Clerk

Can't believe it is actually happening!!  So excited.

Update

Recruiting Centre: Hamilton (now Kingston)
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade 1: Combat Engineer (was Infantry)
Trade 2: Traffic Tech (was Combat Engineer)
Trade 3: Weapons Tech (was Intelligence Operator)
Application Date: April 1 2011 (Reapplied September 2011, Re-Reapplied March 23, 2012)
First Contact: April 14, 2011
C.F.A.T.: Completed June 2011
Short Interview: July 2011
Medical: April 26, 2012
Long Interview: April 26, 2012
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrollment:
Swearing in:
B.M.Q.: 

My blood pressure was crazy high (179/112 - HR 115) the date of my medical, because I was almost late for it. I now have to get the all clear from my family doctor, but since my pressure was more normal (127/92), still a little high but I was still anxious about it when I saw him on May 3, that should go smoothly. My doc just wants me to complete a physical with him, which is set for May 24.

As for my interview, everything went well; I was told I was competitive for every trade, and they were all still open. The only issue arising from that was a legal one, but not of my own. Since I may potentially be called as a witness against a person practicing law without a license, I was told this could delay my processing because that could show I "may" not be available for training. What I need to do now is verify that I am not needed, which in my own opinion (as a licensed Paralegal), I am not. This issue should be cleared up before my physical on the 24th.

What I have learned from all of this is to make sure you are relaxed before your medical by being early :facepalm:, and try to clear up anything that might prevent you from doing anything, even for one day, before going in. Try to make sure absolutely nothing will prevent you from going where ever you need to go, whenever they need you to go there.

Cheers,

Recruiting Centre: RC Toronto
Trade 1: NCM-SEP Med Tech
Trade 2: Combat Engineer
Application Date: February, 2012
First Contact: February, 2012
CFAT: February, 2012
Medical: February, 2012
Interview: February, 2012
Position Offered: March, 2012 (NCM-SEP)
Enrolment: May 9, 2012
Swearing in: May 9, 2012
BMQ: 1 year in school.

travishv said:
Recruiting Center: Online
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Artillery - Land
Trade Choice 3: ACISS
Application Date: - October 2011
First Contact: December 2011 - confirmed reciept of supporting documents
Aptitude Test: X
Interview: x
Medical: x
Merit Listed: x
Position Offered: x
Enrollment/Swear in: x
Basic Training Begins: x

So, I have finally been contacted and have CFAT and medical dates.. Getting closer!!!

Recruiting Center: Online - Application now with Hamilton CFRC
First Contact: December 2011 - confirmed reciept of supporting documents, May 1st 2012 - Application sent to Hamilton CFRC from CFNRCC
Aptitude Test: June 5th, 2012
Medical: June 5th, 2012 (dependent on successful CFAT)

MAZZ28 said:
Recruiting Centre: RC Toronto
Trade 1: NCM-SEP Med Tech
Trade 2: Combat Engineer
Application Date: February, 2012
CFAT: February, 2012
Medical: February, 2012
Interview: February, 2012
Position Offered: March, 2012 (NCM-SEP)
Enrolment: May 9, 2012
Swearing in: May 9, 2012
BMQ: 1 year in school.

:eek:  How d'ya do dat? Congratulations, btw.

travishv said:
So, I have finally been contacted and have CFAT and medical dates.. Getting closer!!!

Recruiting Center: Online - Application now with Hamilton CFRC
First Contact: December 2011 - confirmed reciept of supporting documents, May 1st 2012 - Application sent to Hamilton CFRC from CFNRCC
Aptitude Test: June 5th, 2012
Medical: June 5th, 2012 (dependent on successful CFAT)

Hey man good luck. I write my CFAT and get my medical the day before you in Hamilton. Best of luck to you. I applied as Direct Entry Officer...

Recruiting Center: Applied online (CFRC Toronto)
Trade Choice 2: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 3: Armoured Soldier
Application Date: January 12th 2012 Re applied: May 5 2012
First Contact: May 8th 2012 - email acknowledging reception of documents sent by mail around January 24th 2012
Aptitude Test: Waiting
Medical: Waiting
Interview: Waiting
Merit Listed: Praying
Position Offered: Praying
Enrollment/Swear in:
Basic Training Begins:

I've applied 3 times within 2 years, I was 16 when I first applied and did not follow through. Now that I'm 18 I applied twice, once in january, then again in May, I made calls wondering why has 3 months passed and no details if I'd be processed or not, so I called a lot! Finally got good news in the morning, I'm ready for processing, so here we go! Good luck to everyone else!

Recruiting Centre: RC Halifax
Trade 1: Combat Engineer
Trade 2: Infantry
Application Date: January, 2012
CFAT: March, 2012
Medical: March, 2012
Interview: March, 2012
Merit Listed : April, 2012
Position Offered: still waiting
Enrolment: still waiting
Swearing in: still waiting
BMQ: still waiting

curious george said:
:eek:  How d'ya do dat? Congratulations, btw.

Thanks!  I originally applied for Combat Engineer in December and was told that there was next to no chance in getting in for the new years selection in a Combat Arms trade.  I was in that office twice a week from the start of December trying to get in.  After a Sgt asked me why I was always in the RC, we sat down and went over some options.  The year before I was accepted into a Paramedic program at a private college but did not have the funds available to attend.  He explained the NCM-SEP program to me and told me I should get a move on.  Come March, selections were to be made for NCM-SEP, so I hustled with re-applying to the college and submitting a new App to the Forces.  A month later I received a call and here I am.

Mazz28, you were really persistent in showing up to the RC twice per week.  I wouldn't have the galls to do that, but good for you it worked out! 

Recruiting Center: CFRC Kingston
Trade Choice 1: MSE OP
Online Application Date: Jan 2012
CFAT: Previous service
Interview: 24 April 2012
Medical: 24 April 2012
References Contacted: 01 May 2012
Merit listed: 01 May 2012
Position offered:
Sworn in:
Basic Training Begins: BMQ By pass

Joshua1 said:
Recruiting Centre: RC Halifax
Trade 1: Combat Engineer
Trade 2: Infantry
Application Date: January, 2012
CFAT: March, 2012
Medical: March, 2012
Interview: March, 2012
Merit Listed : April, 2012
Position Offered: still waiting
Enrolment: still waiting
Swearing in: still waiting
BMQ: still waiting

My app looks incredibly similar to yours, had my interview 3 weeks ago Thursday. And we have the best first name out there :p

Just curious, how long after your interview didja wait till you found out you had been merit listed? This wait is killing me, I called yesterday and they still have a reference check to do before I get merit listed apparently.

KeoughJ said:
My app looks incredibly similar to yours, had my interview 3 weeks ago Thursday. And we have the best first name out there :p

Just curious, how long after your interview didja wait till you found out you had been merit listed? This wait is killing me, I called yesterday and they still have a reference check to do before I get merit listed apparently.

There never a guarantee of being merit listed.

Even if merit listed there is no guarantee of selection.

Go live your life and stop waiting by the phone/computer. 

Hatchet Man said:
There never a guarantee of being merit listed.

Even if merit listed there is no guarantee of selection.

Go live your life and stop waiting by the phone/computer.

Your right. After my interview, and what the Sgt. had said after it, I'm confident everything will happen. Sooner rather that later I hope.

Hurry up and wait, is what he said to me before he left. Still nervous and anxious as ever lol

reply to Keoughj

quote: My app looks incredibly similar to yours, had my interview 3 weeks ago Thursday. And we have the best first name out there

After my interview i had to wait, because they needed a few things for my security clearence , after they got the information that they needed it only took a couple weeks for me to be merit listed. So about the 3rd week in April i was put on the merit list.

It took almost 2 months for me to be on merit list after my interview. My clearance was done before the interview and my reference was checked two hours after my interview. Medical was done on the same day but i had to go through a air crew medical. Interview was on July 7th got merit listed on September 15th. Lot of times things move very slow.

Thanks guys for the reply. Puts me at ease a bit just assures me I'm just being over anxious and impatient.

Recruiting Center: CFRC Fredericton
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade Choice 1: MARS
Trade Choice 2: NCS Eng
Trade Choice 3: Log
Application Date: - March 10, 2012
First Contact: May 10th 2012 - email acknowledging reception of documents sent by mail March 10 2012
Aptitude Test: September 22, 2005
Interview:
Medical:
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
BOMQ Begins:

Email from NB stating they had sent my application to Fredericton for processing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back