• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amarko87 said:
The 120-A Grob is one of the planes we may train with alongside the Harvard II (source: http://www.rcaf-arc.forces.gc.ca/cfts-fevs/page-eng.asp?id=1397).

Have you got a call for ASC yet?  I'm getting antsy in my pantsy, even though I only did my interview on Monday.

Thanks for the info Amarko. Haven't gotten an update yet as I only mailed in my extended medical on Monday.  We'll probably be on the same ASC, I'll let you know.
I'm off to practice cross-checking on flight simulator :p

Recruting Center: CFRC Vancouver
Regular/Reserve: Reserves
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Military Police
Trade Choice 2: Infantry
Trade Choice 3:
Online Application Date: 20 Sept 2012
First Contact: 10 Oct 2012
Aptitude Test: 19 Dec 2012 (Rescheduled to 15 Jan 2013)
Medical: 19 Feb 2013
PT test: 19 Feb 2013
Interview:
Position Offered:
Sworn In:
Basic Training Begins:

Recruting Center: Yorkton, SK
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Trade Choice 1: Field Artillery
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: September 23, 2012
First Contact: September 25, 2012
Med, aptitude completed : November 21, 2012 (follow up required with family doctor, completed Nov. 26)
PT Test completed: November 21, 2012
Interview completed: November 21, 2012
Position Offered: January 15th
Basic Training Begins: July

After 5 long months, I was finally offered a position today. I get to work around the armoury, and then take my basic training in the summer. To everyone out there, dont give up! I almost did, and then was offered a job, so Im sure its just a matter of time or you guys too.

A little update on my situation!

Recruiting Center: Montreal, QC
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Med Tech
Trade Choice 3: --
Application Date: June 19th 2012
First Contact: August 17th 2012
Aptitude Test: August 22nd 2012
Interview: August 22nd 2012 (same day as Aptitude Test)
Physical Fitness Test: August 24th 2012
Medical Test: August 30th 2012
Enrolment/Swearing in: January 19th 2013 (Infantry Royal Montreal Regiment)
Basic Training Begins: --

Can't wait to start the training!!!  ;D

Brigitte said:
A little update on my situation!

Recruiting Center: Montreal, QC
Trade Choice 2: Med Tech
Trade Choice 3: --
Application Date: June 19th 2012
First Contact: August 17th 2012
Aptitude Test: August 22nd 2012
Interview: August 22nd 2012 (same day as Aptitude Test)
Physical Fitness Test: August 24th 2012
Medical Test: August 30th 2012
Enrolment/Swearing in: January 13th 2013 (Infantry Royal Montreal Regiment)
Basic Training Begins: --

Can't wait to start the training!!!  ;D

Maybe I go see you, on the BMQ...  I am going to sworn in january '19.

Recruiting Center: CFRC Victoria
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
First Contact: January 2012
Application Date: March 2012
Aptitude Test: Previously done
Medical: July 17, 2012 ( a couple of small problems that took a doctor's note to sort out)
PT test: October 25, 2012
Interview: November 14, 2012
Position Offered: Spoke with the recruiter this evening, everything is sorted and I'll be enrolled ASAP
Enrollment/Swear in: TBA
BMQ Begins: TBA

Got good news tonight that my file is approved, everything is signed off on and I will be enrolled very soon. It was a one year process but worth it. I am very excited to start my work with the CF. Best of luck to all those in the recruiting process.

NewFoundFreedom said:
Quick question. Does anyone else have any recent experience with merit list wait for Infantry? I haven't asked how I scored on my interview but I know that I scored "Superior" on all three CFAT categories, and felt that the interview went OK. I'm also not as active as I was in the summer but still exercise regularly (3-5x/wk).

I know it has only been 2 days since I was listed but I just wanted to get an idea of what to expect.

Thanks

I personally have been waiting since August. but yours may not take as long as we have started a new fiscal year. so good luck and hopefully we both get hired soon!

NewFoundFreedom said:
Recruiting Center: Edmonton
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Soldier
Trade Choice 2: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 3: N/A
Application Date: August 2nd 2012
First Contact: October 23rd 2012
Aptitude Test: November 6th 2012
Interview: November 20th 2012
Medical: November 20th 2012
Merit Listed: January 9th 2013
Position Offered: January 16th 2013 (Infantry)
Enrollment/Swear in: February 8th 2013
Basic Training Begins: February 11th 2013

Sorry to keep re-posting but I can't figure out how to edit posts. Anyways I look forward to seeing everyone who made it into the Feb 11th class, and good luck to the rest.

NewFoundFreedom said:
Sorry to keep re-posting but I can't figure out how to edit posts. Anyways I look forward to seeing everyone who made it into the Feb 11th class, and good luck to the rest.
Congrats. Best wishes in your future. I'm currently merit listed but apparently got some questionnaire to complete, hopefully my time comes soon. Once again congrats and good luck.

First post, loving the process so far!

Recruiting Center: CFRC Sydney
Entry Plan: DEO
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2: ACSO
Trade Choice 3: AEC
Application Date: December 4th, 2012
Date Application Sent To Sydney: January 16th, 2013
First Contact: January 21st, 2013
CFAT/TSD: January 22nd, 2013
Interview: January 28th, 2013
Medical: January 28th, 2013
Aircrew selection: ?
Merit Listed: ?
Position Offered: ?
Enrollment/Swear in: ?
BMOQ Begins: ?

-UPDATE-

Recruiting Center: Montreal
Officer/NCM: Officer (DEO)
Trade Choice 1: Engineering Officer
Trade Choice 2: Signals Officer
Trade Choice 3: Construction Engineering Officer
Application Date: March 5, 2012
First Contact: April 25th, 2012
Aptitude Test: May 22nd, 2012
TSD: January 30th, 2012 (Scheduled)
Interview:
Medical:
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
Basic Training Begins:

hopingfordeo said:
First post, loving the process so far!

Recruiting Center: CFRC Sydney
Entry Plan: DEO
Trade Choice 2: ACSO
Trade Choice 3: AEC
Application Date: December 4th, 2012
Date Application Sent To Sydney: January 16th, 2013
First Contact: January 21st, 2013
CFAT/TSD: January 22nd, 2013
Interview: January 28th, 2013
Medical: January 28th, 2013
Aircrew selection: ?
Merit Listed: ?
Position Offered: ?
Enrollment/Swear in: ?
BMOQ Begins: ?

That's quick and by no means seems standard. Awesome. So far so good. Good luck with Aircrew Selection. Don't forget to pick up the study booklet and prepare well. Failure rate is high and you should mentally prepare yourself for both outcomes, although of course strive for success. Read this forum for info on how to best prepare. I suggest preparing thoroughly, logging many hours on a sim at a flight school and on Microsoft Flight Simulator, on a sensitive setting.

Gunshark said:
That's quick and by no means seems standard.

One week to medical? They must really love this guy.
Thanks for your feedback on preparing.  I read your post in the Aircrew section. Sorry to hear. I can't imagine the feeling... I'm heading to ASC soon (sent my medical docs 2 weeks ago), I pray for a positive outcome. Regardless, if CAPSS finds me unsuitable, it's probably for the best.

Gunshark said:
That's quick and by no means seems standard. Awesome. So far so good. Good luck with Aircrew Selection. Don't forget to pick up the study booklet and prepare well. Failure rate is high and you should mentally prepare yourself for both outcomes, although of course strive for success. Read this forum for info on how to best prepare. I suggest preparing thoroughly, logging many hours on a sim at a flight school and on Microsoft Flight Simulator, on a sensitive setting.

Thanks for the tips, much appreciated!

Hello all. First post. I thought I'd be as thorough as I can since many inquire about processing times.

Recruiting Center: CFRC Montreal / Online
Officer/NCM: DEO
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Online Application Date: November 19th (Supporting documents sent November 24th)
First contact: December 2nd - Email confirmation of receipt of documents
Second contact: December 12th - Email confirmation of file transferred to CFRC Montreal
Third contact: January 17th - Email from CFRC Montreal requesting additional paperwork (brought in my documents January 22nd)
Aptitude Test:
Interview:
Medical:
ASC:
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrolment/Swear in:
BMOQ Begins:

I was informed today that because I spent more than 6 months overseas (I completed my master degree in England) I might undergo a Pre Assessment Security Screening. I was told that this may take a minimum of 3 months. I was expecting this, having spent many hours perusing these forums.

Whoa whoa whoa!
I just checked my enrollment status and saw this:

CFAT (Aptitude Test) Scheduled Date 2013/01/17
Interview Scheduled Date 2013/01/17
Medical Examination Scheduled Date 2013/01/17
Physical Fitness Test Scheduled Date 2013/01/17
Enhanced Reliability Submission Date 2013/01/17
Merit List Date 2013/01/17

That date has passed... I was never contacted by the CF after I submitted my application, any sort of explanation? I have not done any of the above.

IBX.Lee said:
Whoa whoa whoa!

That date has passed... I was never contacted by the CF after I submitted my application, any sort of explanation? I have not done any of the above.

Well, says you're merit listed  :blotto:
Call them.

Amarko87 said:
Recruiting centre: Ottawa, Ontario
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Entry Plan: ROTP (RMC)
Trade choice 1: Pilot
Trade choice 2: ACSO
Trade choice 3: AEC
Application date: Nov 14, 2012
CFAT completed: Nov 28, 2012
Medical completed: Dec 17, 2012
Extended Medical turned in: Jan 7, 2013
Interview completed: Jan 7, 2013
ACSO Test: Scheduled Feb 1, 2013
ASC completed: Pending
Merit listed:
Position offered:
Enrollment/swearing in:

Got the call for my ACSO test.  She told me 3 things over the phone.  1) The math portion includes a lot of calculations that must be done quickly.  Brush up on your calculation speed, no calculator.  2) The test includes taking readings from instruments you'd see on aircraft.  Asked if I could come and get a CAPSS study guide to review specific instruments, but she mentioned she can't give those out until your trip to the ASC is booked, and the instruments are basic and vary little from aircraft to aircraft.  3) There will be portions related to wind velocity.  She mentioned you get study breaks during the test itself, and examples on how to do the wind velocity section are given.

Anyone have specific tips or tricks to it?  My math is stellar and I am still attempting to increase my calculation speed, and wind velocity shouldn't be difficult.  Instruments are easy enough to read, I believe.  I don't know how they will be used however.  I know just to prepare and go there without putting too much pressure on myself, and I will do that, I'm just looking for anything else that will help.

IBX.Lee said:
Whoa whoa whoa!

Last I know is that the online dates are not to be followed. They are either missing or are incorrect. Notice how they are all the same date. Notice they don't correspond to reality. Note that you can't be merit-listed before passing the required tests.

The CF will schedule you and provide the dates for all the tests. Either by phone/email/or in person at the CFRC. Follow that and not the online dates. Call the CFRC every couple weeks to check on the status of your application. Be keen and proactive.

Call them and ask about the online dates if still not sure. Good luck.

Amarko87 said:
Got the call for my ACSO test.  She told me 3 things over the phone.  1) The math portion includes a lot of calculations that must be done quickly.  Brush up on your calculation speed, no calculator.  2) The test includes taking readings from instruments you'd see on aircraft.  Asked if I could come and get a CAPSS study guide to review specific instruments, but she mentioned she can't give those out until your trip to the ASC is booked, and the instruments are basic and vary little from aircraft to aircraft.  3) There will be portions related to wind velocity.  She mentioned you get study breaks during the test itself, and examples on how to do the wind velocity section are given.

Anyone have specific tips or tricks to it?  My math is stellar and I am still attempting to increase my calculation speed, and wind velocity shouldn't be difficult.  Instruments are easy enough to read, I believe.  I don't know how they will be used however.  I know just to prepare and go there without putting too much pressure on myself, and I will do that, I'm just looking for anything else that will help.

You're doing the ACSO test separately from Aircrew Selection? I was just at the Aircrew Selection and we first did what I thought was the AEC test, and then flew the sim in the days following that.

I'm still not 100% certain on what that test was, but I think it was for AEC. Not sure if ACSO test is a different one, but it might involve some similar components to what we did in Trenton. If you need to know the instruments but don't have the study booklet, just read on them online. The primary instruments are similar on most aircraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back