• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
KerryBlue said:
After 7 months finally got an interview date set for May 29th, super excited and relieved.  ;D

Recruting Center: Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Combat Eng
Trade Choice 2: Armoured
Trade Choice 3: Infantry
Application Date: April 10, 2013
First Contact: September 06,2013
CFAT completed : October 22nd, 2013(PASSED)
Interview completed: May 29th, 2014
Medical Completed:Awaiting....
Merit Listed:
Sworn in:

Received an email this morning from the same file manager I was emailing with yesterday to tell me CFRC Toronto basically overbooked the interview, and I in fact do not have an interview date set, and I will be contacted in the future whenever they have spots available. So one step forward yesterday, and a drop off a 100 ft cliff this morning.

Yuck.  :-\

When I called my recruiting centre they said they were going through administrative changes (something similar although far less disappointing happened at the beginning of my application process). Hopefully whatever changes they're going through will resolve shortly.

Your time will come. Hopefully sooner rather than later.  :salute:

I'm in a bit of a dilemma here:

I applied for Pilot under ROTP last year, didn't make it due to the length of PRESEC.
This year, they decided to call me for an update interview/medicals right before the first selections date.
I just got a call from the files manager that I'm in the top-ups.

Last time I checked, there were three selections (including top-ups). The CFRC in New West couldn't tell me much information regarding selection dates, and I would appreciate it if someone could tell me.

Jim_P said:
............... The CFRC in New West couldn't tell me much information regarding selection dates, and I would appreciate it if someone could tell me.

For someone who's applying to ROTP, your reading comprehension is very poor.

Unofficial site, not associated with DND.

That is found at the bottom of each page on this site.

If your CFRC can't tell you much, what do you expect from an "Unofficial site, not associated with DND" ?

George Wallace said:
For someone who's applying to ROTP, your reading comprehension is very poor.

That is found at the bottom of each page on this site.

If your CFRC can't tell you much, what do you expect from an "Unofficial site, not associated with DND" ?

Believe it or not, I've actually heard more from the people on this forum than asking the CFRC directly. Different recruitment centres have different information, I guess.

The only problem with hearing more from anonymous people on the internet is: ..... Who is it giving you the information and is it correct or just rumour?

Normally I too wouldn't trust information coming from anonymous people on the internet, but selection dates and other info coming from this post actually were found to be fairly accurate, comparing to the results from the many other applicants I keep in contact with.

Largly is RC dependent I'm finding. My roommate has his app in Barrie and isn't told anything.. while on the other hand my RC has been very forthcoming with information and even gives me fairly accurate time frames.

Jim_P said:
Last time I checked, there were three selections (including top-ups). The CFRC in New West couldn't tell me much information regarding selection dates, and I would appreciate it if someone could tell me.

ROTP "Jr" selections are scheduled for 22 May and the final round of ROTP Sr Selections is 2 Jun.

After that, it's pretty much done.

DAA said:
ROTP "Jr" selections are scheduled for 22 May and the final round of ROTP Sr Selections is 2 Jun.

After that, it's pretty much done.

Thank you.

Just updating my process pretty stocked about how quick this first part got done.

Recruiting Centre: Toronto
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Applied: May 5, 2014
First contact: May 8, 2014
CFAT: Booked for June 2, 2014
Medical: waiting...
Interview: waiting...
Merit Listed: TBD
Position offered: TBD
Enrollment/swearing in: TBD
BMQ: TBD

P.S.

Good thing I started studying. But got to start hitting harder.

shooked1 said:
Just updating my process pretty stocked about how quick this first part got done.

Recruiting Centre: Toronto
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Applied: May 5, 2014
First contact: May 8, 2014
CFAT: Booked for June 2, 2014
Medical: waiting...
Interview: waiting...
Merit Listed: TBD
Position offered: TBD
Enrollment/swearing in: TBD
BMQ: TBD

P.S.

Good thing I started studying. But got to start hitting harder.

Not that there is a new processing situation, the time from first apply and CFAT is pretty fast considering now everyone gets a scheduled date for it. It's what is after the CFAT that determines whether or not they want to continue processing you.

Hello all, just an update on my process.

I was only recently told that pilot applicants are supposed to complete update medicals/interviews annually.
My RC told me this a year and two months after my medicals and interview results expired.  :facepalm:
Consequently I wasn't merit listed before the first selections date, and was scheduled for an update medicals on April 22, 2014, and update interview on May 22, 2014.

I went for my update interview today, and it turns out all positions for pilots under ROTP is absolutely full = No RMC for me. Again.

I've been told that I am now unable to apply for ROTP, because I would be 2 years into university already by next year,
and they won't send me back to Year 1 with such an unfair experience advantage over other freshmen.
Also, applying as a DEO would be also risky since the number of pilots they pick fluctuates greatly, and they cannot guarantee a job offer.

On the bright side, since flying has been and still is my dream, they told me I'm very competitive for CEOTP at Seneca College.
Under the circumstances, I am now seriously considering switching over to CEOTP.

This raises a quick question: Is there truly nothing they can do about my situation? Is CEOTP the only way I can become a pilot in the regular force? (not taking DEO into account)

*A tip to you all awaiting news from your recruitment centre:
Don't be afraid to call them back every week or two and check on your file status. Ask questions about whether they need more information or not regarding just about everything, but be respectful at the same time.

Jim_P said:
Hello all, just an update on my process.

I went for my update interview today, and it turns out all positions for pilots under ROTP is absolutely full = No RMC for me. Again.

I've been told that I am now unable to apply for ROTP, because I would be 2 years into university already by next year,
and they won't send me back to Year 1 with such an unfair experience advantage over other freshmen.
Also, applying as a DEO would be also risky since the number of pilots they pick fluctuates greatly, and they cannot guarantee a job offer.

On the bright side, since flying has been and still is my dream, they told me I'm very competitive for CEOTP at Seneca College.
Under the circumstances, I am now seriously considering switching over to CEOTP.

This raises a quick question: Is there truly nothing they can do about my situation? Is CEOTP the only way I can become a pilot in the regular force? (not taking DEO into account)

First off, ROTP Pilot is not "full" and it's too bad that your CFRC thinks this.  Second, being 2 years into a Civilian University program does not prevent you from applying for ROTP again next year and you would NOT be starting off at year 1.  Yes, you can switch over to CEOTP Pilot but you need to do so, like "today" as selections are two weeks away.

Rookie Green said:
From the CFRC today:

Nationwide, these are the number of slots for DEO candidates.

7 for Combat Engineering Officer
8 for EME Officer
15 for Signals Officer

No, those are not the national numbers, so who knows what these numbers are.

But good luck anyhow!

Well my background check/credit check came back good so I am at the final stretch. Now it's in the hands of the unit I've applied to.  Upon speaking to the recruiting Sergeant for 31 Brigade they'd like to send me to Meaford in July.  Looking forward to hopefully getting on course then. This site has been proven a most valuable resource during my application process.

I thought I'd put my son's process into a timeline as it helps to see the dates laid out in black and white :)

Recruiting Centre: Edmonton
Trade choice 1: Air Structure Tech
Trade choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Applied: Feb 2014
Selected for further processing: Feb 2014
CFAT: Feb 19, 2014
Medical: - March 6, 2014
Interview: - March 6, 2014 (his 18th bday :) )
File in Final review/ references contacted: early April
Merit Listed: - April 28, 2014 confirmed merit listed by File mgr (could have been sooner but that's when he emailed her to confirm he was indeed merit listed)
Position offered: -
Enrollment/swearing in:-

Been lurking for awhile and finally decided to join. Here is my process so far, don't know exact dates

Recruiting center: Hamilton
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Trade choice 1: Infantry
Trade choice 2: Armoured solider
Application date: Oct 2013
First contact: Oct 2013
CFAT: Jan 2014 pass
Interview: Feb 2014 pass
Medical: Feb 2014 pass
Merit list: April 29 2014
Position offered: waiting
Swear in: waiting
BMQ: waiting

So far it has been a very fast process and now comes the longest wait of my life... The phone call, any day now.. Any day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back