• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
leroy707 said:
Been lurking for awhile and finally decided to join. Here is my process so far, don't know exact dates

Recruiting center: Hamilton
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: Infantry
Trade choice 2: Armoured solider
Application date: Oct 2013
First contact: Oct 2013
CFAT: Jan 2014 pass
Interview: Feb 2014 pass
Medical: Feb 2014 pass
Merit list: April 29 2014
Position offered: waiting
Swear in: waiting
BMQ: waiting

So far it has been a very fast process and now comes the longest wait of my life... The phone call, any day now.. Any day

Im sure youve heard that selections for inf and (possibly armoured) were Monday, calls should -with any luck- start coming in tomorrow onwards.

Recruiting conter: Fredericton
Reg/Reserve Force: Reg
Trade Choice 1: RMS Clerk
Trade Choice 2: Met Tech
Trade Choice 3: WFE Tech
Applied: a few months ago..
First Contact: was within a few days actually
CFAT: May 22, 2014
Medical: waiting
Interview: waiting
Merit Listed: TBD

I'm getting really excited and anxious to get rolling but one of my references is leaving the country for a while. Should I contact the recruiting center and update with another reference or just leave it?

niftynicolemarie said:
I'm getting really excited and anxious to get rolling but one of my references is leaving the country for a while. Should I contact the recruiting center and update with another reference or just leave it?

It shouldn't really be a big deal they didn't call all five of mine. They called at least 3 of my main references and called my employers as well so they will mix it up

leroy707 said:
It shouldn't really be a big deal they didn't call all five of mine. They called at least 3 of my main references and called my employers as well so they will mix it up

They only asked for four main references and then prior employers.

Recruting Center: Toronto
Trade Choice 1: Combat Eng
Trade Choice 2: Armoured
Trade Choice 3: Infantry
Application Date: April 10, 2013
First Contact: September 06,2013
CFAT completed : October 22nd, 2013(PASSED)
Interview completed: May 29th, 2014
Medical Completed:June 5,2014
Merit Listed:
Sworn in:

Boom interview done, the MCC told me I was incredibly competitive. medical next week ;D

KerryBlue said:
Recruting Center: Toronto
Trade Choice 1: Combat Eng
Trade Choice 2: Armoured
Trade Choice 3: Infantry
Application Date: April 10, 2013
First Contact: September 06,2013
CFAT completed : October 22nd, 2013(PASSED)
Interview completed: May 29th, 2014
Medical Completed:June 5,2014
Merit Listed:
Sworn in:

Boom interview done, the MCC told me I was incredibly competitive. medical next week ;D

Finally, good job KB

Recruiting Center: New Westminster, BC
Trade Choice 1: Steward
Application Date: Mid April 2013
First Contact: Late June 2013
CFAT : Passed - February 25th, 2014
Enhanced Reliability Screening : Cleared
Background Check : Cleared
Medical : TBD
Interview: TBD
Position Offered: TBD
Swear In Ceremony: TBD
Basic Training: TBD

Background check is cleared, now it's just waiting for a medical and interview scheduled date.

Recruiting Centre: Toronto
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Applied: May 5, 2014
First contact: May 8, 2014
CFAT: Booked for June 2, 2014 (passed)
Medical: waiting...
Interview: waiting...
Merit Listed: TBD
Position offered: TBD
Enrollment/swearing in: TBD
BMQ: TBD

Recruiting Centre: Edmonton
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Soldier
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date (Online): August, 2013
First Contact: mid sept, 2013
CFAT: Mid January 2014 (passed)
Medical: February 7th, 2014 (passed)
Interview: Feb 7th, 2014 (was told I did well)
References called: February 14, 2014
Merit Listed: was notified on May 1st, 2014 after I asked my recruiter. May have been far sooner.
Sworn in: TBD
BMQ: TBD

Hopefully I get a call soon

Not really much for introductions but I'm new and have been lurking for a little while and this is my first post on here.
I've been looking everywhere for an answer to this and haven't been able to find anything on it, so if someone could either please help answer it or send me a link I'd really appreciate it!

My question is about the application process obviously. 

Today I went in with the expectation of doing paper work and doing the trait self descriptive test.. but when I got there and finished the test a group of us waited, they then confirmed a few minor details, and reimbursed us for our travel time then sent us all off within minutes of the test.

I'm not sure what all was said to the other folks but what they told me was they didn't have any paper work on me and that they would email me some forms to fill out and send back and then I would be called for a medical and an interview.  I offered up my transcripts and ID to them, which they promptly photocopied, and then I was sent home.

Has anyone else be emailed copies of forms to fill out? Am I missing something here?

Please help me to understand  :-\ 

Fox87 said:
Not really much for introductions but I'm new and have been lurking for a little while and this is my first post on here.
I've been looking everywhere for an answer to this and haven't been able to find anything on it, so if someone could either please help answer it or send me a link I'd really appreciate it!

My question is about the application process obviously. 

Today I went in with the expectation of doing paper work and doing the trait self descriptive test.. but when I got there and finished the test a group of us waited, they then confirmed a few minor details, and reimbursed us for our travel time then sent us all off within minutes of the test.

I'm not sure what all was said to the other folks but what they told me was they didn't have any paper work on me and that they would email me some forms to fill out and send back and then I would be called for a medical and an interview.  I offered up my transcripts and ID to them, which they promptly photocopied, and then I was sent home.

Has anyone else be emailed copies of forms to fill out? Am I missing something here?

Please help me to understand  :-\

I remember when I first walked into my CFRC after they received my file from North Bay; I was handed a package (hard copies) of the whole application. Which I filled out again matching what I had put on my online application.

Odds are theyre odds and ends that they need to add to your file.

Just wait it out. Nothing more you can do.

If you dont get the email within 2 weeks call them and give them a friendly reminder.

steiner0400 said:
I remember when I first walked into my CFRC after they received my file from North Bay; I was handed a package (hard copies) of the whole application. Which I filled out again matching what I had put on my online application.

Odds are theyre odds and ends that they need to add to your file.

Just wait it out. Nothing more you can do.

If you dont get the email within 2 weeks call them and give them a friendly reminder.

Thanks for the reply.. that's definitely what I had been expecting too, because when I had spoken to the MWO over the phone the previous week, that's what he said he needed from me. Although I suppose with everything becoming more and more electronic, this should be expected.

I'm not that patient when it comes to getting something as simple as an application filled out when it really is only my responsibility and I think the forms I need to fill out are right on the website?

The RC here is right downtown close to where I live actually so I may just drop in and leave it with them and make sure I haven't left anything out.

thanks again!

Light at the end of the tunnel?

-UPDATE-

Recruiting Center: Montreal
Regular/Reserve: Reserves
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: N/A
Trade Choice 3: N/A
Application Date: March 5, 2012
First Contact: April 25th, 2012
Aptitude Test: May 22nd, 2012
TSD: January 30th, 2013
Security forms (330-60) completed: August, 2013
Interview #1: March 3, 2014 (Engineering officer; passed interview and considered qualified for trade)
Interview #2: March 12, 2014 (Infantry reserves)
Medical: March 3, 2014 (Passed, April 2014)
CFPFT: Scheduled for March 18, 2014 (Passed)
Telephone interview: June 5th, 2014
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
Basic Training Begins:

-UPDATE-

After what has felt like an eternity in regards to lost paperwork and a frustrating mix up with my references, I am FINALLY merit listed. Now, we wait  :)

Trade Choice 1: Armoured
Trade Choice 2: Artillery
Trade Choice 3: Combat Engineer
Application Date: November 13th, 2013
First Contact: November 19th, 2013
CFAT: December 3rd, 2013
Medical: December 6th, 2013
Interview: January 24th, 2014
Merit Listed: May 30th, 2014
Sworn in: TBD
BMQ:

massingerD said:
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Soldier
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date (Online): August, 2013
First Contact: mid sept, 2013
CFAT: Mid January 2014 (passed)
Medical: February 7th, 2014 (passed)
Interview: Feb 7th, 2014 (was told I did well)
References called: February 14, 2014
Merit Listed: was notified on May 1st, 2014 after I asked my recruiter. May have been far sooner.
Position Offered: June 4th 2014
Sworn in: July 7th, 2014
BMQ: July 21, 2014

I've been lurking these forums for a few weeks now and noticed that there are not many DEO examples so I've decided to post my experience (as seen in my signature) for others to see in the future. I don't think my application has been too much longer or shorter a wait than average so far.

Good luck to everyone, and remember to stay patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back