• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
British Columbia, and I already knew I would have to pay for it.

My sample below. Here is to hoping for some good news in the coming weeks. And best of luck to everyone else!

dankcco said:
My sample below. Here is to hoping for some good news in the coming weeks. And best of luck to everyone else!
I do believe selections are being held today for infantry and possibly arty.
Doesnt mean you should expect a call within 2 weeks though.

dankcco said:
One can hope though, one can hope.
By "doesnt mean you should expect a call within two weeks"
I meant "dont expect any contact to happen until 07 JUL at least"

steiner0400 said:
By "doesnt mean you should expect a call within two weeks"
I meant "dont expect any contact to happen until 07 JUL at least"

You do realize that people hear back a day or two after selections and usually after two weeks you can count yourself out. 1-2 weeks post selection seems to be the window of when to expect "the call"

AlphaBravo said:
British Columbia, and I already knew I would have to pay for it.

If you are from BC, check out Nides.ca,  they offer online correspondence courses for free at the high school level.

KerryBlue said:
You do realize that people hear back a day or two after selections and usually after two weeks you can count yourself out. 1-2 weeks post selection seems to be the window of when to expect "the call"

**sarcasm warning**
Because youve gottwn the call right? I speak from experience and post regularly in the selection dates thread.
Youll also notice my date of offer vs the selection date of may 26th from which I was selected.
Most of the recent applicants (who post) in that thread waited from 1.5 - 2.5 weeks for their calls.
Go ahead and deduct mp from me for my feedback but im speaking from what ive seen happen, not from what I -think- is true.

steiner0400 said:
**sarcasm warning**
Because youve gottwn the call right? I speak from experience and post regularly in the selection dates thread.
Youll also notice my date of offer vs the selection date of may 26th from which I was selected.
Most of the recent applicants (who post) in that thread waited from 1.5 - 2.5 weeks for their calls.
Go ahead and deduct mp from me for my feedback but im speaking from what ive seen happen, not from what I -think- is true.

Agreed, took me about 2 weeks after selection dates to get my call. I guess it's a good thing we're on the same course eh steiner?

scubasteve said:
Agreed, took me about 2 weeks after selection dates to get my call. I guess it's a good thing we're on the same course eh steiner?
Agreed, buddy.
On the plus side; 4 weeks 4 days until we ship out.
See you in the mega!

callmefishmael said:
Does anyone know if they will be hiring any more MARS Officers this FY?

Yes they will.  But probably not until much later in the year.

Here's where my application stands, I am still waiting for a production officer to determine if my application is priority or not, but at this point it is looking like I will not be making August Selections.

The recruiting officer at my CFRC indicated that my application would likely be processed quickly. Wrote my CFAT two days ago and the officer told me that my score was off the charts and the highest he had seen in years. He also indicated that since my top two trade choices are currently hiring (one of which is "in demand"), he saw no reason why I shouldn't be able to be sworn in before late August/early September selection for BMOQ (provided the interview/medical go well). I am currently waiting to hear back from them to schedule an interview/medical.

Not sure if he was able to say that with confidence, but it has obviously got me quite excited. From what I've read on this forum it appears most applicants are waiting much longer than what I was told at my CFRC. I am trying to temper my expectations though, but fingers are crossed for an expeditious process! Good luck to all those who are still in the application process.

DukeLuke56 said:
The recruiting officer at my CFRC indicated that my application would likely be processed quickly. Wrote my CFAT two days ago and the officer told me that my score was off the charts and the highest he had seen in years. He also indicated that since my top two trade choices are currently hiring (one of which is "in demand"), he saw no reason why I shouldn't be able to be sworn in before late August/early September selection for BMOQ (provided the interview/medical go well). I am currently waiting to hear back from them to schedule an interview/medical.

Not sure if he was able to say that with confidence, but it has obviously got me quite excited. From what I've read on this forum it appears most applicants are waiting much longer than what I was told at my CFRC. I am trying to temper my expectations though, but fingers are crossed for an expeditious process! Good luck to all those who are still in the application process.
I am only telling you my experience with my personal application and I am in no way a professional or a recruiter.
I was told the same thing as you,  that my CFAT scores were incredible and there was no reason they could see that I wouldn't be scheduled for my medical in two weeks or less.
I got the call for my medical and interview to be scheduled one month and one day later, which, compared to what I see on here from a lot of people,  was pretty good!
Best of luck and I hope things move very smoothly for you! My medical is today, so, fingers crossed! :)

Just got my call 2 days ago while in a boat fishing on vacation. Couldn't have happened at a better moment. So pumped! Now to tell the Girlfriend and see how she reacts to me leaving.

Washy said:
Just got my call 2 days ago while in a boat fishing on vacation. Couldn't have happened at a better moment. So pumped! Now to tell the Girlfriend and see how she reacts to me leaving.
Congrats buddy! Youll be a week 1 when I walk in the green doors. See you there

So I noticed a that some people were called in for a pre-security screening and some weren't. I am just wondering as to why that is ? I recently wrote and passed my CFAT last Thursday and got a call that I had a pre-security interview next month. Is the pre-security interview basically the same as a regular interview ? My dad is Australian and is currently living there; he also has dual Canadian and and Australian citizenship so does that have anything to do with it ?

In the call I was told to fill out and bring the required forms as long as study the entry plans and know them.

Hello everyone! I thought this would be a great place for my first post so here goes. I completed my initial processing today, handed in all my documents, etc and it went really well. My recruiter actually convinced me to apply for an officer trade as soon as he realized that I had three uni degrees, so I think I might be in for a bit of a ride with the interview  :eek:

Recruiting Center: Toronto
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/ NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Aerospace Control Officer
Trade Choice 2: Maritime Surface and Sub-surface Officer
Trade Choice 3: Infantry Officer
Application date: June 4, 2014
First contact: June 6, 2014
CFAT: July 31, 2014
Interview:
Medical:
Merit Listed:
Sworn In:
BMQ:

Also, just because I'm a little OCD, I noticed on my file where all my documents went in, the recruiting officer wrote in black marker "F" with a circle around it. We did have quite a lengthy conversation about Game of Thrones, and historical fiction novels (which, it turns out, we were both fans of), and I'm just hoping I didn't make myself out to be too much of a dork.  :-\ Does anyone know what that "F" is??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back