• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: was finally merit listed in july. now the waiting game... continues lol
Update#2: just got a call at 10am. Was offered crewman and I accepted!!

Recruiting Centre: Halifax
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Artillery Soldier
Trade Choice 2: Vehicle Tech.
Trade Choice 3: Armoured Soldier
Applied: October 31, 2015
First Contact: November 6th, 2015
CFAT: November 26th, 2015 passed
Medical: January 11th, 2016 passed May 28th ish?
Interview: January 11th, 2016 passed
Merit Listed: July, 2016
Position Offered: Crewman, August 12th, 2016
Enrolment/Swearing In: September 1st
BMQ: September 19, 2016

Regular/Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice 1: Infantry Soldier
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: July 1, 2016
First Contact: August 4,2016
CFAT: August 5, 2016
Interview: August 29,2016
Medical Exam: August 29,2016
Background Check: N/A
Medical Approved: N/A
Merit listed: N/A
Position Offered: N/A
Enrollment: N/A
BMQ: N/A

Hi All,

Thought I'd post my sample.. things to be moving fairly smoothly so far (and quickly)! Will keep updating as the process continues. Good luck everyone!

Willy

Alexis said:
Recruiting Center: Montreal
Trade Choice 1: Med Tech
Trade Choice 2: N/A
Trade Choice 3: N/A
Application Date: October 22nd 2015
First Contact: October 23rd 2015
CFAT/TSD/PI: November 19th 2015 (passed)
Medical: June 6th 2016 (passed)
Interview: May 31st 2016 (passed)
Background: May 10th 2016 (completed)
Pre-security clearance (was not born in canada): Ottawa said it was not needed  [lol:
PLAR started: July 27th 2016
Merit listed:  ???
Position Offered:  ???
Enrollment:  ???
BMQ:  ???

Just waiting on that PLAR  :boring: so close

just called and my PLAR is now completed  [:D [:D [:D [:D :Bday Dancer:

CFRC: Quebec
Regular/Reserve: Reg.
1st choice: Imagery tech.
2nd choice: Water, fuels and environnement tech.
Application date: Mai 2016
CFAT: June 28th 2016 (Passed)
Background check : July 2016
Medical: August 10th 2016
Medical update: waiting
Interview: August 10th 2016 (Recommanded)
Merit list: - ???
Position offered: - ???
Swearing in: - ???
BMQ: - ???

Just waiting for my doctor's paper to come back so I can send it to my recruiters. Then they will be able to evaluate me! Can't wait..  :)

Recruiting Center: Vancouver
Trade Choice 1: Nav Comm
Trade Choice 2: Sonar Op
Trade Choice 3: N/A
Application Date: May 15, 2016
First Contact: June 13, 2016
CFAT: July 05, 2016 (Didn't Check Junk Mail) July 19, 2016
Interview: August 22, 2016
Medical Exam: August 22, 2016
Background Check: ?
Medical Approved: ?
Merit listed: ?
Position Offered: ?
Enrollment: ?
BMQ: ?

Always check your junk mail.

b.roballo said:
Where can I check my application process sample?

From Ask a CAF Recruiter Sticky,

I submitted my application. Whats Next?
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/118929.0.html

After submitting your application:

You should receive an email within 5-7 business days after the submission of your online application, giving you further direction on the next steps to take in the application process.

To ensure that you receive correspondence between yourself and Canadian Armed Forces Recruiting the following is recommended:

•  Adding the email address "@forces.gc.ca" to your Safe Senders list in your email account is recommended, as there have been instances where email communications between Recruiting Detachments and applicants are filtered out and end up in the junk/spam mail folder.
•  Check your junk/spam email folder in case Forces emails continue to be filtered out.
•  Check up on the status of your application every 30 days with the Recruiting Detachment processing your application.
•  Ensure that you are checking the email account that you provided on your application.

If you have applied and have not yet received an email within 10 business days of submitting your online application, or if you would like to know the status of your application, it is recommended that you do the following:

•  Visit the link to our Forces site, ( http://www.forces.ca/en/page/contactus-73 ) and submit a status update request for your application.
•  If you know your application number, include it in the email.
•  If you do not know your application number, ensure you include your first name, last name, date of birth and the postal code of your home address. This will ensure that the recruiter who receives your email can locate your application and provide you with a status update.

If you have any other questions about Samples, you can ask them here,

A Thread for those special people who don't know meaning of "Samples"
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/115636.0.html
31 pages.

Thanks MarioMike. I've saw that already. But before sending an e-mail, I was checking if there was a website where I could check that info.

I see here lots of people posting theirs samples, so I thought they were logging in somewhere to check it.

So I need to send an e-mail every time I want to check application status?

mariomike said:

You should receive an email within 5-7 business days after the submission of your online application, giving you further direction on the next steps to take in the application process.

To ensure that you receive correspondence between yourself and Canadian Armed Forces Recruiting the following is recommended:

•  Adding the email address "@forces.gc.ca" to your Safe Senders list in your email account is recommended, as there have been instances where email communications between Recruiting Detachments and applicants are filtered out and end up in the junk/spam mail folder.
•  Check your junk/spam email folder in case Forces emails continue to be filtered out.
•  Check up on the status of your application every 30 days with the Recruiting Detachment processing your application.
•  Ensure that you are checking the email account that you provided on your application.

If you have applied and have not yet received an email within 10 business days of submitting your online application, or if you would like to know the status of your application, it is recommended that you do the following:

•  Visit the link to our Forces site, ( http://www.forces.ca/en/page/contactus-73 ) and submit a status update request for your application.
•  If you do not know your application number, ensure you include your first name, last name, date of birth and the postal code of your home address. This will ensure that the recruiter who receives your email can locate your application and provide you with a status update.

Enrolled today for Artillery NCM. All told, the timings were well within the estimates provided by the local recruiters. Now onto the next steps and learning. Thanks for the tips from everyone and good luck!

Update:

Recruiting Centre: Calgary (Red Deer)
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Trade Choice 1: Artillery
Trade Choice 2: Artillery
Trade Choice 3: Signals
Application Date: April 8, 2016
FORCE Testing: April 27, 2016
CFAT: May 13, 2016
Background Check: June 28, 2016
Medical: July 21, 2016 (Supplementary forms sent August 2)
Interview: July 21, 2016
Merit Listeed:
Position Offered: August 22, 2016
Enrollment: August 23, 2016
BMQ: September 30, 2016 (potentially)
[/quote]

So I sent an e-mail to STG-CFRG-CustomerSVC@forces.gc.ca and they asked me to contact my recruiting center.
When I asked my recruiting center for an update on my application I've got the following response:

Hello,
  Your is in process
  Have good day

They should make an website so applicants could check their status online without bothering recruiters with tons of e-mails.
So, I don't how you guys got your Application Process Samples. The day I have one I'll post it here. For now I'll be waiting for a call or e-mail.

Have a good day

mariomike said:

If you have any other questions about Samples, you can ask them here,

A Thread for those special people who don't know meaning of "Samples"
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/115636.0.html
31 pages.

[quote author=BigTuna]
They should make an website so applicants could check their status online without bothering recruiters with tons of e-mails.
So, I don't how you guys got your Application Process Samples. The day I have one I'll post it here. For now I'll be waiting for a call or e-mail.

[/quote]

The "samples" are more just people keeping track of the dates they're given. If you haven't written the CFAT yet you won't have any progress to write in anyway. Once you write you CFAT and qualify for your trades then you will get more dates. It's up to you to keep track of your progress.
Goodluck in the process!

Thanks cac1993,

I'll be keeping track of my dates.

I've got a call this morning from my recruiting center giving me more details about the process and delays. I was not expecting that at all. It was very thoughtful of them to call, I've found.

So, they were reminding me that my process will take longer due to the fact that I was not born in Canada. I was aware of that already, but I felt they were trying to low my expectations or an eventual anxiety.

I'm looking forward to start BMQ, but I'm prepared to wait 18-24 months.

cac1993 said:
The "samples" are more just people keeping track of the dates they're given. If you haven't written the CFAT yet you won't have any progress to write in anyway. Once you write you CFAT and qualify for your trades then you will get more dates. It's up to you to keep track of your progress.
Goodluck in the process!

Recruiting Center: Montreal
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Application Date: June 28th, 2016
Aptitude Test: July 11th, 2016

Got the call/offer today for the January 16th BMOQ while I was on break at work! [:D I cannot even begin to describe how stoked and grateful I am! I'm going in as MARS DEO. More details to follow on the oath date. Does anyone know if it's possible to request for an earlier serial because my colleague is in it?

BlueAngels14 said:
Does anyone know if it's possible to request for an earlier serial because my colleague is in it?

You could ask Recruiting. What's the worst they can say?

Congratulations and good luck.

mariomike said:
You could ask Recruiting. What's the worst they can say?

Congratulations and good luck.

Thank you sir! That's true I shall ask when Monday comes around. I just didn't want to sound ungrateful. [:-[

Recruiting Centre: Halifax
Reg./Res.: Regular force
Officer/ncm: NCM
Trade 1: RMS Clerk
Trade 2: Supply Tech
Online application: June 27, 2016
First contact: July 6, 2016
CFAT: July 14, 2016
Interview: August 8, 2016
Medical: August 23, 2016
Background/security check: TBA
Merit listed: TBA
Position offered: TBA
Swearing in: TBA
BMQ: TBA

The process has been moving along fairly smoothly and quickly but I am also keen on getting every document requested into the CFRC as soon as possible once requested.

Got my offer while I was on vacation. Very nice way to spend my time off.

Recruiting Centre: London
Regular/ Reserve: Reg
Officer/NCM: DEO
Trade choice 1: Aerospace Control
Trade choice 2: MARS
Trade choice 3: Intelligence
Applied: 30 June 2015
CFRC Contact: 6 July 2015
CFAT written: 23 July 2015
Medical: 15 Sept 2015
Interview: 15 Sept 2015
Background Check: --COMPLETE--