• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rafterman1 said:
Im a bit confused here.  Please correct myself if I am wrong.  Im from BC, maybe it is different for you but I had to finish the PCP (EMT) course then apply to licensing (EMALB), for you it is Alberta College of Paramedics (ACP).    Your not done the course (EMT) according to your post.  The ACP allows someone to schedule a test without being complete the EMT course?

I think it is the difference between BC and Alberta that is confusing here. I was writing ACP for my EMR course which, as I heard from a BC guy at ACP last weekend, you guys don't have to do? Otherwise you're correct, I wouldn't be able to write my EMT ACP test without having done the course or under other very specific circumstances. Clear things up?

Recruiting Center: Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Application Date: sept 10, 2009
Trade1  Infantry
Trade 2
Trade 3
First Contact: walked in to drop it off sept 10 booked CFAT then and there, 2009
Aptitude completed: september 17, 2009  (qualified for all trades)
Reference Contacted: sept, 2009
Changed my trade choices in late march once i was told my application didnt go anywhere since infantry was shut
Trade1  Infantry
Trade 2 Armoured
Trade 3 Navy Boswain
Medical Exam: april 30, 2010
Interview (All my trades were closed so I was advised to try VEH TECH was interviewed for that trade) completed: May 5, 2010
Merit Listed: May 5 2010
Position Offered: May 13, 2010 (VEH TECH)
Enrolment Date: Oct 20, 2010
BMQ Begins: Nov 1, 2010

I really wanted a combat arms trade but since we are in a strange time where theres more people signing up then they need or can train in one year, I had to settle for mechanic job. At least ive been told ill still be a soldier first trades man second.
See you guys Nov 1

A-ryathker said:
I really wanted a combat arms trade but since we are in a strange time where theres more people signing up then they need or can train in one year, I had to settle for mechanic job. At least ive been told ill still be a soldier first trades man second.
See you guys Nov 1

Theres a facebook group and also a topic here for the people going Novemeber 1st, check them out!

To TheNoob.  You should switch up like I did.  I got on the merit list a few days after all the combat arms closed.  Didn't feel like mopping about for spots that MIGHT open in 4-18 months so I switched up.  And by the end of the week got an offer.  And I still get to ride around in a giant steel behemoth, blowing stuff up.  It's just that I'll be on a ship instead of in a tank.

The_Unabooboo said:
And by the end of the week got an offer. 

Congratulations!

And I still get to ride around in a giant steel behemoth, blowing stuff up.  It's just that I'll be on a ship instead of in a tank.

Interesting...

Alea

Recruiting Center: Vancouver
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Artillery, field
Trade Choice 3: Armoured
Application Date: September 19, 2009
First Contact: September 20, 2009
Aptitude completed: Late November, 2009
Interview completed: Late November, 2009
Medical Exam: Late November, 2009
Reference Contacted: December, 2009
Merit Listed: Not too sure
Enrolment Date: Not too sure.
Position Offered: Infantry.
Basic Training Begins: Late August/ September

I originally went in for Arty because Infantry closed last summer. I completed my interview for Arty in November 2009 and was good to go but just before my medical came back it closed for the fiscal year. So I contacted my recruiter and opted to switch to Infantry as my number 1 trade choice cause it was always what my heart was set on. Well, lone behold, I contacted the CFRC Vancouver a few days ago to see where my application stood and the fellow on the other line said I had been offered an Infantry position with the PPCLI and my BMQ will most likely begin at the end of this summer! Moral of the story, be patient with your application process and good things will happen. This has been a tough few months because I want nothing more than to get in there and begin my career with the CF. When I was told I had a job locked up for Infantry, I was extatic and this waiting game had become totally worth it. Best of luck to all of you with your applications!

Grats A-ryathker!!!

Here is the link to the facebook page for our starting date: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=116672095036895

Here is the link to our forum thread for our starting date: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/93633.0.html

See you soon  ;D

Rafterman1 said:
Im a bit confused here.  Please correct myself if I am wrong.  Im from BC, maybe it is different for you but I had to finish the PCP (EMT) course then apply to licensing (EMALB), for you it is Alberta College of Paramedics (ACP).    Your not done the course (EMT) according to your post.  The ACP allows someone to schedule a test without being complete the EMT course?

It is different from province to province. I was just merit listed today, and I hope I get a call soon!! I got in to humber in toronto, and the PCP (primary care paramedic) program is 2 years! I've read that in BC the program is 6 months or even less.. I'm excited for the program though, its a renowned school, only 85 seats for about 2500 applicants. I manage to get in to the program.. so I'm hoping I get the NCM-SEP.

funkmasta said:
It is different from province to province. I was just merit listed today, and I hope I get a call soon!! I got in to humber in toronto, and the PCP (primary care paramedic) program is 2 years! I've read that in BC the program is 6 months or even less.. I'm excited for the program though, its a renowned school, only 85 seats for about 2500 applicants. I manage to get in to the program.. so I'm hoping I get the NCM-SEP.

Congratulations, Funkmasta.

PCP at Humber College is an 82 credit Diploma:
http://www.humber.ca/program/07651

All PCP programs in Ontario are Diploma:
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/public/program/ehs/edu/schools.html#3

The University of Toronto's Paramedic Degree:
http://www.utsc.utoronto.ca/~jtprogs/paramedicine.html

PCP at JIBC is a 33 credit Certificate:
http://learning.jibc.ca/TPOnline/TPOnline.dll/Public%20Program/PROGRAMNO=PROG2003091915194505149505

UPDATE:

Recruiting Centre: Ottawa, ON
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: MARS Officer
Trade Choice 2: Air Combat Systems Officer - no positions were available and based on further research, decided to remove this choice from my list anyway (so it all worked out okay!)
Trade Choice 3: Logistics Officer - was apparently closed when I applied
Application Date: April 13, 2010
First Contacted:  April 21, 2010
CFAT completed: April 26, 2010
References Contacted: May 14, 2010 (one reference)
Medical Completed: May 6, 2010
Interview completed: May 6, 2010
Medical Received: Pending - had to get a form signed by my doctor which was sent to the recruiting centre last week
Position Offered: Pending
Sworn in: Pending
Basic Training Begins: Pending

I've thought about applying for years (visited recruiting centres in Halifax, Calgary and Ottawa) and now that I've finally gone for it and applied I can't believe how quickly things are moving!  My interviewer was confident I would be attending the July NOAB - we'll see.

IronTooks said:
I originally went in for Arty because Infantry closed last summer. I completed my interview for Arty in November 2009 and was good to go but just before my medical came back it closed for the fiscal year. So I contacted my recruiter and opted to switch to Infantry as my number 1 trade choice cause it was always what my heart was set on. Well, lone behold, I contacted the CFRC Vancouver a few days ago to see where my application stood and the fellow on the other line said I had been offered an Infantry position with the PPCLI and my BMQ will most likely begin at the end of this summer! Moral of the story, be patient with your application process and good things will happen. This has been a tough few months because I want nothing more than to get in there and begin my career with the CF. When I was told I had a job locked up for Infantry, I was extatic and this waiting game had become totally worth it. Best of luck to all of you with your applications!

wow....... howd you get a job in infatry when everyone else is beeing told no can do till 2011??? lol.. oh we..ll congrats man! mabey after 4 yrs ill see about OTing over there

Recruiting Center: CFRC Victoria
Regular/Reserve: Reg
Trade Choice 1: Armoured
Trade Choice 2: VEH Tech
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: August 10, 2009
First Contacted: ----
References contacted: Aug 13, 2009
CFAT completed : sept 30 2009
Medical completed: sept 30 2009
Interview completed: sept 30 2009
Position Offered: veh tech
Merit listed: mar16
Swearing in: Oct 30
Basic Training Begins: nov1

Its been a while but definitely worth the wait.... now i cant wait to go in November

Recruiting Center: Vancouver
Trade Choice 1: AC Op
Trade Choice 2: RMS Clerk <--- pretty sure i am going to get a job offer as a RMS Clerk
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: April 23rd 2010
First Contact: April 28th 2010
Aptitude completed: May 4th 2010
Interview completed: TBA
Medical Exam: May 12th 2010
Reference Contacted:TBA
Merit Listed: TBA
Enrolment Date: TBA
Position Offered: TBA
Basic Training Begins: Hopefully within this year

Waiting for call for interview :)

Terry1026, RMS Clerk was my first choice (1/7 I might add. the first 6 closed on me), it's been closed since April 21st I believe.
I did one day testing on May 4th also. You might want to reconsider your options if you're depending on RMS Clerk. I'd call your recruiter if I were you.

You don't want to get there and be told you have to reschedule your interview so you can read up on a new trade.

****UPDATE****
Recruiting Center: Winnipeg
Trade Choice 1: Signal Operator - 215
Application Date: September 14, 2009
First Contact: September 22, 2009
References Contacted: September 22, 2009
Fingerprints Submitted: October 1, 2009
CFAT Completed: September 30, 2009
First Interview: September 17, 2009
Second Interview: December 7th, 2009 - Trade choice change
Medical Part 1: November 24, 2009
Medical Part 2: November 24, 2009
Enhanced Reliability Granted: January 2010
Merit Listed: March 2010
Position Offered: April 12, 2010
Swear In: July 23, 2010
BMQ Start Date: August 2, 2010

Another fantastic phone call for me this morning, so I figured I'd post a quick (And apparently final) update.  My enrollment package is being mailed out today, head to the Recruiting Center to fill out some paperwork on July 21st and on the 23rd I'll be sworn in.  Hop a plane July 31st to start my new career!

Barmecide said:
Terry1026, RMS Clerk was my first choice (1/7 I might add. the first 6 closed on me), it's been closed since April 21st I believe.
I did one day testing on May 4th also. You might want to reconsider your options if you're depending on RMS Clerk. I'd call your recruiter if I were you.

You don't want to get there and be told you have to reschedule your interview so you can read up on a new trade.

Thanks for letting me know, I called the CFRC and they said they will let me know but they said they don't see a problem with it currently so. Crossing my fingers and waiting.

Neolithium said:
****UPDATE****
References Contacted: September 22, 2009
First Interview: September 17, 2009
Second Interview: December 7th, 2009 - Trade choice change

Hey conrats!
How did you get your interview before your first contact? And how did you get your interview before the CFAT ?
Sorry just confused about your dates a little bit.

291Hopeful said:
How did you get your interview before your first contact? And how did you get your interview before the CFAT ?
Sorry just confused about your dates a little bit.

Not to mention, how were his references contacted the same day as his first contact?

I suspect it's not you who is confused about the dates.  ;)

Thanks for catching that. I completely botched up dates with adding/removing/editing information.  Talk about embarrassing; as for the first contact, they got a hold of me the day before my references letting me know I'd have to make an appointment with the Commissionaires, pick up some paperwork from the CFRC and head down for fingerprinting; I think it was just the staff being very proactive during my application process.  I'm not sure what people considered "First contact", perhaps it's always assumed to be the first conversation that arranges CFAT & Medical testing, but I just used the first time I heard from the recruiting center after dropping my application off.

*Dates Corrected*
References Contacted: September 23, 2009
First Interview: October 29, 2009
Second Interview: December 7th, 2009 - Trade Change due to Medical

Hope that fixes up the confusion I may have caused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back