• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [ 2019-present]

Keep in mind that just because someone gets accepted while on a certain medication doesn'r mean everyone will. Also, just because some people take meds for a certain condition doesn't mean this is the right path for everyone with that same condition. Your doctor is the best person to talk to if you have concerns about your health (in your case, with your cholesterol). They may have you try diet first, or exercise, or anything, or they may prescribe you a medication that is completely different that the other person with the same condition. You are unique. Your health is unique to you. Your recruiting path may not be the same as someone else.
Thanks! My doctor said I better have cholesterol tested again in three months

I’m getting very discouraged. Just did my biweekly Friday call in check and was told neither my reliability status nor my medical was back. 10 weeks have now come and gone. The recruiter said he’d talk to my file manager and see what the hold up was and to call back in another 2 weeks. I’ve been patient but it’s running thin. Taken a bunch of time off work to attend their appointments, paid for an optometrist, jumped through their 89 hoops… and they’ve accomplished absolutely nothing on their end. Incredibly discouraging and borderline insulting

I’m getting very discouraged. Just did my biweekly Friday call in check and was told neither my reliability status nor my medical was back. 10 weeks have now come and gone. The recruiter said he’d talk to my file manager and see what the hold up was and to call back in another 2 weeks. I’ve been patient but it’s running thin. Taken a bunch of time off work to attend their appointments, paid for an optometrist, jumped through their 89 hoops… and they’ve accomplished absolutely nothing on their end. Incredibly discouraging and borderline insulting

I understand the frustration as I waited over 5 months to hear back about my medical stuff.
It's definitely one of the bigger hurdles to get through, as it's essentially the one part of the process that is entirely different from person to person.

Just wanted to chime in and say I know it feels like it will never happen, but it will.
I just got a call from them yesterday after not hearing any progress since literally march.

We got this!

you are in much better position than i am. I have not heart from them since last November.

Unexpected update to my application yesterday and today.
Hopefully only one more update after this one...

Recruiting Centre: Vancouver (New Westminster)
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3: N/A
Application: August 15 2023
First Contact: August 28 2023
CFAT: September 21 2023 (Successful)
Medical & Interview: October 24 2023
Aircrew Selections: Dec 11/12 2023 (Successful)
Aircrew Medical: Pending
Medical Confirmed: March 19, 2024
Final Processing: March 20, 2024
Competition List: July 11, 2024
Selected: July 12, 2024
Offered: Pending
Enrollment: Pending
BMOQ: Pending

Crazy that is has already been another 3 months since I last updated this, time sure is flying by.
I definitely had some days wondering if this was ever going to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s lunacy, do you know what’s holding you back? What step are you on?
already finished interview and medical but expired. i am on security screening, as a permanent resident, it takes a long time for CSIS and other agencies to process my case, usually 1.5 to 2 years.

Hello. When I applied I was still a permanent resident, during this application process, I became a Canadian citizen. But due to foreign implications, my security background check is taking a very long time. I am putting my timeline here for folks that are in a similar situation of mine, being permanent residents, or citizens with foreign implications. I applied for infantry for the Reserve first, then I switched my application to Regular for Infantry Officer, Direct Entry option. I came to Canada as an international student in August, 2016, and I have never left Canada since.

Recruiting Centre: London, ON
December 13th, 2022, First contact by the Army Reserve
Feb 8th, 2023, CFAT
Feb 14th, 2023, Application transferred to Regular Force
Feb 23rd, 2023, First contact from the Regular Force
March 10th, 2023, Document Completion and TSD
June 22nd, 2023, Interview for Infantry Officer
July 29th, 2023, I was contacted for filling the Residency and Travel Outside of Canada Questionnaire for pre-assessment security clearance. I finished the form on the same day and sent it to my file manager.
August 24th, 2023, the Residency and Travel Outside of Canada Questionnaire was sent to Ottawa by my file manager. Security clearance officially started.
September 5th, 2023, Medical
September 13th, 2023, Additional information for Medical submitted; all medical files sent to Ottawa for review.
November 7th, 2023, Medical review is approved; I met Common Enrolment Medical Standard; however, I was not qualified for Infantry Officer trade because of vision; I was contacted by recruiting centre on the phone, and I reoriented my trade to Logistics Officer
November 6th, 2023, I was told the security clearance is still in progress.
November 8th, 2023, scheduled to go in for an Interview for Logistics Officer on November 23rd, 2023.
November 23rd, 2023, I went in for Logistics Officer interview; interview went well; everything else also looks favourable, only waiting on Security Background Check.
As of today, March 26th, 2024, still waiting for a response from Ottawa regarding security background check.

Like Quote Reply
Hi,
Did you hear anything about your security clearance?

removed by member request
congratulations!
I have 2 questions:
1. may I know why the gaps between the aircrew selection test and medical confirmation, also between final processing and competition list so long? did recruiters give you any ideas?
2. you will wait for almost one more year to take part in the BMOQ, is that gap year ok for CAF? did they ask you to wait for so long or you request a gap?
thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
congratulations!
I have 2 questions:
1. may I know why the gaps between the aircrew selection test and medical confirmation, also between final processing and competition list so long? did recruiters give you any ideas?
2. you will wait for almost one more year to take part in the BMOQ, is that gap year ok for CAF? did they ask you to wait for so long or you request a gap?
thank you!

The primary cause of the gap was Christmas Break, Recruiting centres were all on leave for one month. Further, I don't have a family doctor, so getting the appointments and forms was a pain to say the least.

Regarding Question 2, it's because University starts in September, there is no way I could attend BMOQ now without it interfering with my school year. This was the CAF's decision, not mine.

The primary cause of the gap was Christmas Break, Recruiting centres were all on leave for one month. Further, I don't have a family doctor, so getting the appointments and forms was a pain to say the least.

Regarding Question 2, it's because University starts in September, there is no way I could attend BMOQ now without it interfering with my school year. This was the CAF's decision, not mine.
thank you for your reply! hope you will enjoy your journey in CAF!

I got told by my CFRC that my file is with the CFRG HQ and that my CFRC is pending a response from them. Does anyone know what the response could be about and a timeline? I’m in final processing right now.

I got told by my CFRC that my file is with the CFRG HQ and that my CFRC is pending a response from them. Does anyone know what the response could be about and a timeline? I’m in final processing right now.
Yeah it's whether you get a job.

AVN, NCM RegF
  • Applied - April 29th
  • Med part 1 & 2/ Interview competed - May 9th
  • Optometrist letter requested - May 15th
  • Optometrist letter scanned in to RMO - May 24th
  • CFAT/TSD written - May 27, all trades qualified
  • Background check started - May 28
  • Final processing - June 11th
  • Credit check ran - June 18th
  • Background check completed - July 25th
  • Medical approved by RMO - not completed 😭
  • Reliability status granted - not completed
  • Ready for completion list - not completed
  • Completion listed - not completed
  • Selected - not completed
  • BMQ scheduled for - not completed

Can you share your CFAT scores? I dont know if that's what was moderated out of your posts.

Back