• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Arctic/Offshore Patrol Ship AOPS

I thought Navies measure fuel burn in tons?
Or is that just non Metric Navies (I mean the USN)...

What gun? Is that what you've calling that useless thing on the bow?
I would say it responds to the identified requirements as per the concept of use.

Namely, to deter, disable, and soften an uncooperative vessel prior to a boarding supported by the embarked air det.

It always drives me crazy that measurement. Proper math is meters cubed (m^3) not cubic meters. Which would be mecs if you wanted to short-form it. sigh
You could always add 3 zeros and call it liters.

I would say it responds to the identified requirements as per the concept of use.

Namely, to deter, disable, and soften an uncooperative vessel prior to a boarding supported by the embarked air det.

Oh look...there it isn't!! 😁

I See You Smile GIF by Originals

Mk.38 Mod 3 seems just fine for the USN…those aren’t insignificant ships it’s on…
Installed aboard CG, CVN, DDG, LSD, LHD, LHA, LCC, MK VI, PC, OSV, AS and USCG FRC class ships and planned for installation aboard USCG OPC and WMEC class cutters, the MK 38 MGS is a low cost, stabilized self-defense weapon system that dramatically improves ships' self-defense capabilities.

The AOPS isn't supposed to be a combatant - it's not meant to duke it out with other warships.

No one complained when the Tankers didn't (and future ones won't) have 57mm or 76mm guns.

The AOPS isn't supposed to be a combatant - it's not meant to duke it out with other warships.

No one complained when the Tankers didn't (and future ones won't) have 57mm or 76mm guns.
If I had my way the JSS wouldn't even have CIWS

Back