• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Are the BCDs being disbanded?

M

madchicken

While attending summer training in Vernon BC I heard a rather concerning rumour.  I heard that the BCDs are being disbanded, but I could not get a straight answer.  So I was woundering if any of you people have heared anything.  I heard that the BCDs might become the British Columbian Regiment, and the cadet corps will become a Royal Canadian Cadet Corps untill we could find another regiment.  So I have heard alot of stuff, but it's not very clear, so I was wondering if you people could help me out and clearify this rumour.

As a member(Civilian Instructor undergoing inrollment) of the Air Cadets here in Kelowna, I have heard that the unit is and will still be going on strong for at least a few more years. The unit is expanding in manpower and equipment so I don' think they are disbanding, but stranger things have happened in the forces so..........?

I think the confusion lies with the fact the BCD (and all reserve armour units) are rerolling to armd recce as the Cougars are leaving service.  If I have me dates correct, it just started in September.

Gunner said:
I think the confusion lies with the fact the BCD (and all reserve armour units) are rerolling to armd recce as the Cougars are leaving service.   If I have me dates correct, it just started in September.

I'm prety sure that's it.   The BCD's are going from Armoured to Armoured Recce. Thats it. As yes, they have been recently re-rolled. This is the first training year as Armd Recce.   Hope that helps.

I'm in the same squadron as Casca (hey CI Caspers!) and I've got friends in the Dragoons. The reason why I got interested in cadets stemped from the dragoons wanting to expand and have more space in the armoury because they were growing.

As a member of the BCD's I can tell you that we are not being disbanded. In fact we are adding a C Squadron in Penticton that could be up and running as early as next September.

Thats great to hear - when was the last time that they had a C Squadron, Genisis?

C Sqn. was disbanded in 69 or 70 I believe.  As a former Dragoon (93-95) hearing the news about C Squadron is great! :tank:

madchicken said:
While attending summer training in Vernon BC I heard a rather concerning rumour. 

NO YOU DIDN'T!!!!!

YOU MAY HAVE HEARD A RUMOUR THAT WAS OF CONCERN TO YOU, OR A RUMOUR THAT CONCERNED YOU, OR A RUMOUR THAT FILLED YOU WITH CONCERN, BUT UNFORTUNATELY, YOU DID NOT HEAR A CONCERNING RUMOUR SINCE THERE IS NO SUCH ANIMAL IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE. 

The correct use of "concerning" would be "Bob, I wanted to have a meeting after work today, concerning your input on the website project."

I had a complete asshat for a boss once, who was convinced that "concerning" could be used in the way mentioned above.  The fact she had no idea how to use the word correctly did not make her an asshat, but her constant use of that term incorrectly did not dissuade me from perceiving her ass-hatedness.  Please, please, please do not venture out into the English speaking world and use the word in that manner again.

Whew.  I feel better.

Sorry...British Columbia who?

Back