• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ARMD RECCE

S

shaunlin41

Just trying to clear up some confussion.
The Recce trade on the forces site lists specialty courses like the jump course or rappelmaster ect. Talking with members of Recce, these courses do not exist for armoured and I just joined Recce believing this was available. Fortunatly I have not been sworn in again yet so I can still go to the seaforths. Can anyone provide info?

Who told you this? Any trade can get a Jump course, RM,JM, MPF. But there is no real trade as Recce. The Armour Corp is going to a 90% Recce Role until the Regs get a new Direct Fire Veh. The Res will be Recce. I‘m Armour and Para Qual served with the Armour Jump Troop/ Airborne Btl Group, JM, RM, MPF (Pathfinder) and Free fall. It is harder for Ress in any trade to get them. Inf or not the Ress only get courses required.

I‘m assume you‘re talking about the BCRs. What you were told was bs. A private from the BCRs did his jump course last summer. Work hard, keep your nose clean, and parade every chance you get. And when they get a slot (albeit few and far in between for any res) you‘ll look good to them.

I know two Armd Recce (Res) guys that have taken the jump course. So yes, as Recce41 said, it is possible.

I‘m a cook in the army(for now)

an I can take the Jump Course

it‘s open to everyone from any trade, aslong as you meet the requirments

The QYR in Toronto sent 3 Tpr/Cpls last year and another 2-3 this year alone. There are alot more vacancies available at CPC Trenton. They are even running 100% PRes courses.

Good to hear about the QYR. I‘m looking to join. Actually going in on Wednesday to sit down and have a chat with them. I originally thought of REg force and have everything but two blood tests complete. However, the Reserves are a better fit right now.
I‘d imagine there‘s pretty stiff competition for the training spots. Any advice on how to prepare? Do they send officers too?
Yes, I know it‘s a ways off for me, but it can‘t hurt to have goals right?

thanx for the info guy‘s, are there any benifits to Recce over the Infantry, I want to be able to take the jump course as well as unarmed combat but I also don‘t want to sit on my ars on thursdays I want to be active. Can anyone tell me what the average thursday is for Recce?

"are there any benifits to Recce over the Infantry"

Yes, why carry your kit when your kit can carry you :)

Back