• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Armed Forces Consider incentives to keep soldiers fit

FORCE is a simulation of the six core tasks all military pers must be able to do.  Those six tasks all have associated standards.  The FORCE standards are intended as predictors of the ability to meet the minimum standards of those six core tasks.

It is not a combat fitness evaluation, or a firefighter fitness evaluation, or a battle readiness evaluation - it is designed only to answer the question "Does this person have a fitness level that meets the CAF minimum standard?"

Interesting shift in results when you take the fitness profile thing on DFit.ca and change your gender from male to female.

And why isn't there an option for transgendered CF members?

Jarnhamar said:
Interesting shift in results when you take the fitness profile thing on DFit.ca and change your gender from male to female.

And why isn't there an option for transgendered CF members?

So, we now again have an EXPRES test standard, but just different test exercises. 

Rumint has it there will be a 5km timed forced March before members take tests

I might just show up in a flightsuit to work on Monday and tell everyone I self identify as Air Force today....

Jarnhamar said:
Rumint has it there will be a 5km timed forced March before members take tests

The 5Km march you're hearing about is a 70lb ruck march, followed by a full kit (minus ruck, ) force test. Not timed at all, but has to be done consecutively. This will be the pre-deployment test.

Terrier said:
The 5Km march you're hearing about is a 70lb ruck march, followed by a full kit (minus ruck, ) force test. Not timed at all, but has to be done consecutively. This will be the pre-deployment test.

Is this official yet, or still idea stage? I've heard the rumint that it was BFT distance, with extended time and then the FFO FORCE test afterwards. Nobody with the rumint knew if the FORCE (or ruck) included plates.

PuckChaser said:
Is this official yet, or still idea stage? I've heard the rumint that it was BFT distance, with extended time and then the FFO FORCE test afterwards. Nobody with the rumint knew if the FORCE (or ruck) included plates.

I'm not sure if it's official yet to be honest. We were definitely told 5 Km, and am FFO FORCE test not timed. That being said, I don't know / remember if the march itself had a time attached to it, and I'm not sure about plates either.

PuckChaser said:

The head of the PSP briefed last year in Shilo that it was going to be a timed 5km right into the FORCE test...

I guess all that time/money invested in the science behind the force test wasn't strong enough to demolish the PSP empire.

If this is only for deployments, I'm assuming, and hoping, they mean army deployments.

Anyone know if RMC is still managing to dodge all the back-and-forth kerfufflery?

The rumint mill said it would become the CJOC deployment test, but we'll see what happens.

PuckChaser said:
The rumint mill said it would become the CJOC deployment test, but we'll see what happens.

Well, I suppose it does make sense to have one common standard accross the board... Except for age and gender...

I think if there are incentives like this, then we will be going back to the nonsense of standards on how every part of the FORCE test is done.

Oh yeah? You only *thought* you picked that sandbag up, propperly; but your back wasn't totally straight, so I docked you twelve sandbag lifts; you fail.

Oh sorry; you didn't drag that casualty right; you didn't pepper-pot *correctly*.

Can't wait.

PuckChaser said:

Not really a relevant fitness evaluation for people not expected to wear a FFO or even walk long distances with a load on deployment.

What would an eval like this mean for an AVN tech deployed to a friendly location supporting aircraft flying combat operations?

I can see the rationale based around an Afghan-centric Op, where there is a threat of indirect fire, or worst-case scenario ground attack. You're never going to get a perfect test for everyone, but getting wrapped up in the specifics defeats the purpose of the test: if you're fit, it's relatively easy to complete, regardless of trade.

ballz said:
There is already valid complaints of the utility of having 55 year old RSMs that can't keep up with 90% of the Battalion. I may actually lose my lunch if I know some of these guys are getting merit points for physical fitness.

Well then, 10% of the battalion should be freakin' ashamed of themselves....

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Well then, 10% of the battalion should be freakin' ashamed of themselves....

LMAO; absolutely perfect.

I'd be more gagging about the 10% who can't keep up with the 55 YO RSM.

Back