• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Armoured Soldier Open/Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
RCDcpl said:
The new vehicles coming in won't open up any new spots....in fact the recce vehicles could actually cost spots in the troops to be lost as from what I've heard it's a crew of 3 rather than 4.

As for whether or not you get to choose tank or Recce....as far as I know for the most part you will still get to goto your regiment of choice on after DP1....go Strats you will be a tanker.  Go RCD or 12 RBC odds are VERY high you will be recce.

You wish. Go Strathcona's and you will be a broom-pushing transport troop driver.  :salute:
Even then, I just got transferred to recce squadron, and I have yet to see the inside of a tank. Choice of regiment does not guarantee position.

Well, everyone does time in the Echelon, right?  You could end up back there as a MCpl or Sgt too.  Its one of many job to be done in the blackhat world.

For postings, to whoever was asking, you can ASK for your Regiment of choice, but that doesn't mean you will get it for sure, just like you can ask for tanks, but end up recce, or want anything BUT tanks, and end up tanks.  In short, you'll go where you're needed and there is a spot for you.

With the trade almost full, heck you could end up at the College of Combat Knowledge in Gagetown or the Poop Troop out West.  Who knows.

Just last week I spoke to a clerk at my local CFRC, I was just checking on my status and seeing how everything looked.

I asked if i could change one of my choices to another. She told me that Armoured looks like it wouldn't be open until December 2012 and would be the best one to drop if I want a better chance to get in for April/May 2012.

I've switched to Combat Engineer, Vehicle Tech and Hull tech. Maybe she had bad intel or something but I've dropped armour. I hope it works out for you. Keep us informed.

If anyone has "real" pertinent information about recruitment, and trades opening up, please advise the Moderation staff untill then, this thread is locked.

Not like we have Plenty of Bandwidth sucking threads, asking about when recruitment is opening up...

dileas

tess

milnet.ca staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back