• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca an offical web site of the CF?

Lost_Warrior

Inactive
Reaction score
While on concentration last week, there was a poster on the mess of a soldier in shadow with the web site "armee.ca"

I went to it and it re-directs here.  Has this site become an offical outlet for the CF?

I know that site, but this poster had "armee.ca" on it.    I wrote it down in my FMP.  It re-directs here.

That could be the result of 'smart' browsing. If you type in a url that does not exist but is close to one that does, the browser will redirect you to the next closest accurate url.

For example if you type in www.telus.net it will actually take you to www.telus.com

I don't know how to explain this in technical terms, but that's my guess for what it's worth.

I know what you're talking about. Google uses it a lot (Im a network admin in my civie job.  I see this a lot).  I was just suprised to see an army poster re-direct to this web site.

Yeah that is interesting. Maybe the person who created the poster is a army.ca fan :D

Perhaps.  It was at Camp Vimmy in ValCartier.  The poster was taped to the mess.  Thats the only place I saw it (with a couple of other posters...one saying "It's not all about the gadgets" or something retarded to that effect...

Both army.ca and armee.ca are domain names registered by Mike. He is smart to realize and secure the French one as well, before some one claimed it. They all point to the same webserver. The first one was acquired in 2000 and the second French one this Spring.

Cheers,

Back