• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca pub night/meet and greet anyone? - Ottawa Chapter

Well now,

HitorMiss, as filthy an infanteer as he is, will be flying into Ottawa Int'l Airport in the afternoon of Monday, July 24th.

Since a couple of us will be meeting and heading out that evening with him, we felt it might be a good idea to open up invitations to any of the members in the Ottawa region.

The plan to date is meeting up for pints at Darcy McGee's, on Elgin st, in the downtown core. So if anyone is willing to put up with our antics, feel free to make your way out. If I get enough replies here to warrant it, I'll call up Darcy's and reserve some tables.

JTFWANNABENINTENDOSUPERSNIPERS need not present themselves..... Actually....show up, make sure to identify yourself clearly...HoM likes to throat-punch ;D

Sig_Des said:
JTFWANNABENINTENDOSUPERSNIPERS need not present themselves..... Actually....show up, make sure to identify yourself clearly...HoM likes to throat-punch ;D

I had considered it.... until I saw this.

No way do I want to be throat punched.

Haggis said:
I had considered it.... until I saw this.

No way do I want to be throat punched.

Well, I use HoM as a threat, but he'd probably need to jump pretty high to throat-punch you  ;D

George Wallace said:
I didn't think you were a JTFWANNABENINTENDOSUPERSNIPER?

OK, you got me.  I actually use a PS2, not Nintendo.

SigDes.  Darcy's is bad.  Every time I go there my beer and money evaporates, leaving me with a big head.  On a seriouser note, I am on leave that week.

Haggis said:
On a seriouser note, I am on leave that week.

Meaning you can afford the evaporated beer and money, and the pained head?

Sig_Des said:
Meaning you can afford the evaporated beer and money, and the pained head?

Meaning that I can skip one day of PT to sleep in with my big head.  ;D

The only problem is that I don't live in Ottawa, but about an hour out of town.  If this was a work night, I could've carpooled in and crashed at a buddy's place without having to worry about where my truck would be in the morning.

If you guys don't mind the presence of superior Navy folk... I might be in.

Is the invitation also extended to us not yet members of the CF but are joining, guys?
I wouldn't mind meeting and hearing some more stuff about the CF firsthand.

Thanks.

Edit: smartened up my question a little :)

Sounds like a good time, I may drop in for a bit. I'll try not to spoil the party. ;)

What's the start time? 1900? For those unfamiliar with the area, here's a map.

Frederik G said:
If you guys don't mind the presence of superior Navy folk... I might be in.

They don't seem to mind...they provide a kiddie pool with rubber duckys  :)

BBJ, I believe HoMs flight time into YOW is about 1745, but I'll confirm.

Navy types are welcome, gives us someone to throw things at...

Those joining up are also welcome, but I suggest listening more than asking....Oh, and buying the older guys a pint may get you in better graces

Aw poop - Just heard about it as I logged in. Would have loved to see you guys, let me know if you plan another. Would have been a blast - Just saw Kincanucks this weekend too!

Pronto

Sig_Des said:
Those joining up are also welcome, but I suggest listening more than asking....Oh, and buying the older guys a pint may get you in better graces
Acknowledged; see you all there.  :blotto:

dammit lads, I'd be in, but I leave for the sandbox the next morning and have to spend some QT with the GF....damn

Ex-fusilier said:
dammit lads, I'd be in, but I leave for the sandbox the next morning and have to spend some QT with the GF....damn

You are welcome, but I do understand fully.  Good luck and take good care.

Sounds like a good plan.  I would definitely be up for this.

CHIMO!

Back