• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Status- The History of Outages & Dark Days

Yeah, not sure what the cause (and therefore resolution) was for this one, but I suspect our ISP went down for a bit. Probably just reconfiguring their e-mail scanners for the new government. ;)

I was all worried my work had decided to go through my internet history and block unknown sites when they moved to a new office on Friday.

Phew, glad to know that wasn't the case. That would be horrible if I actually had to work all day.  ;D

All,

Tonight we had a brief outage caused by a disk inconsistency. The problem has been resolved, though I am taking steps to ensure that there is no "lasting" data loss. If anyone has any problems, please let me know.

Cheers
Mike

Thanks for the continued hard work to keep us up and running Mike!

Mike Bobbitt said:
If anyone has any problems, please let me know.

Problems?  Oh, you mean other than the sense of loss and depression I felt for that hour? And the repetitive strain injury from continuously clicking refresh?

2000 hrs Eastern 14 Feb 06

It seems some of us are experiencing slow service on the site tonight.

I was rebooting and running Anti-virus and other scans thinking I had a problem or bug in my computer, but a couple of messages from others have me thinking that we are suffering a bit of a slow down at the Server. 

I hope it is nothing serious, and I know Mike is probably already on it.  ;D

It was probably me... I was backing up a large amount of data, but it's all finished now...

All,

My apologies for the outage today.  At roughly 0230 the server had a hard drive crash. The system is now back up and I believe all data has been recovered. If you see anything amiss, please let me know.

Thanks
Mike

Technical Problems will occur from time to time.  Equipment failures; Server problems; Mother Nature knocking out Power Lines or Telephone Lines; the possibilities are endless.  To everyone's relief, the site will always come back up and those who patiently wait will once again be able to get their fix of Army.ca.

I'll leave the rest of the explanations to the experts.

I noticed a few posts missing, in Eqpt, the Flashlight thread. At least my post and one of Mudgunner49's posts are missing... ah well... it's tha intarweb eh!

Sorry folks, had a power outage here that took us offline for a few hours. We're back and warming up now.

Cheers
Mike

Whoohoo...We're back! I was starting to think I'd have to do laundry or something....  ;)

Keep that up and I'm only going to renew my subscription a few more times.

After work..........no army.ca is like starting my day without a Timme's  :crybaby:

Here it is the next day......Wednesday......Warning  (0910 15 Mar 06)

There is a major Power Outage on the West end of Ottawa and areas West to Arnprior and perhaps Renfrew.

Hopefully, it will have no affect on this site in the near future.

Ottawa Hydro and Ontario Hydro are both working on the problem.

Keep you fingers crossed.    ;D

Mike,

I'm glad it was only the web site and not your house! man, it was windy here in Ontario yesterday! thanks for all your work.

cheers

PV

All,

Just a quick note to say that in the coming week or so, I expect to perform a fairly substantial upgrade to Army.ca. I estimate that it will take roughly 2 hours to complete, during which time Army.ca will be completely offline.

This is an upgrade of the underlying Operating System, which means you [hopefully] won't notice any changes to the way Army.ca operates. As I get a better idea of the schedule, I will post it here.

Cheers
Mike

Saturday around lunchtime looks good to me Mike, I'll be in Toronto.  ;D

Back