• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Status- The History of Outages & Dark Days

I may try to fit this upgrade in tomorrow morning, say 0600-0800, if everything works out.

~gulp~  I...I......I guess I could hang out at Military.com......it's kinda like methadone for Army.ca addicts
;)

"I may try to fit this upgrade in tomorrow morning, say 0600-0800, if everything works out."

- Good timing, I'll be on PT! (says Tom, hastily throwing a cam net over his wheelchair..)

:D

Well, it took a little longer than expected, but the upgrade has now been completed. If you find any problems, please let me know. For the geeks in the crowd, we're now running Fedora Core 5.

Thanks
Mike

There I was, getting my morning fix, and everything disappeared!

Glad to see everything worked (at least everything seems to be working...)

"There I was, getting my morning fix, and everything disappeared!"      Yikes morning fix man now there is a dirty word lol Just glad that I work afternoons lol  .    Good to here that the upgrade went well mike .

Well!

Looks like we were off line there for a few panic stricken minutes. 

.....but we are OK now!    ;D

At about the same time Army.ca went down...I blew a power supply...I thought it was my fault!! :-\ ???

GAP, is that what caused it? ;)

We've been having intermittent network problems, I'm hoping to have them resolved soon but we're moving at the speed of Bell with this one... :(

Mike Bobbitt said:
...... but we're moving at the speed of Bell with this one... :(

"Please check back during the next geological era for updates to this situation. Thank you for calling the Bell Helpless Centre."

Although, I put the blame entirely on Bell Canada...  :P

I've been experiencing huge lag issues lately.  Mass bootings
in chat brings fear (to me) that people are leaving to Troops.ca, but then
they come back momentairily and I can breath a sigh of relief that
they didn't lower themselves by leaving us for them. ;)

But seriously, loading pages, submitting posts; just about everything
has been affected in the last month or so.  I recognize I waste a lot
of bandwidth (in my posts generally) but even so, I don't think I can
totally be blamed on this one.

Sounds like a good time for an Army.ca Subscriber / recruiting drive
to raise some cash and add some improvements?  Last time I checked
it was 111 subscribers out of 9700 registered users? (not including banned subscribers)

I have noticed the same thing and am having a problem opening the pop-ups, the spell check likes to give me real grief. However I am experiencing this problem on another forum, but not on other forums, so needless to say I am getting a little confused as to what it could be. Thought it was just me till I saw this post. And it's not "troops.ca" Padre, never heard of them till now.....hmmmm feel like going on a visit..... ;)

I'm not having the same issues as you guys and anytime I have had issues I just run Macafee to get rid of any spyware then my Army.ca surfing is mega fast. Could it be your ISP? I also thought Mike mentioned that he is in the middle of upgrades right now...

I am also having issues with this site lagging.
Not having lagging issues with any other forums I am on.

I haven't had problems with the board itself, but all in chat.  It will freeze and sometimes just lag, but often boot you out too.  And no set time, or fair warning.  It has happened to me with only a couple people in chat, and also with a full house.  And then I can go a couple of days with all being well, but see others experiencing the same difficulties.

Back