• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army.ca Status- The History of Outages & Dark Days

Has anyone thought of cleaning up some of the old stuff?  We have useless threads that go back years.  The same goes for profiles.
I know I keep my messages down to a few to "help out"
Just a thought, and my 0.02
hide.gif

MRM, we're on a 2.8GHz Pentium 4, with 3 Gb of RAM. Plenty of disk, that's one thing we're definitely not running low on.

BYT Driver... it would likely help to some degree. I'm a bit of a pack rat though ;) and I can't bring myself to delete threads that may be useful to others at some point. Having said that, I'm sure it's a matter of time & effort. That is, if I put the time and effort into it, I could identify a bunch of threads that have little or no value today, and remove just those. However since we have over half a million posts, that's one heck of a job!

And some poeple will whine when they see their post count drop, which creates another venue for complaints.

I'm curious, is around 600 guests will change the speed today ?

Well it would seem so.

On 04 April 2005 this site had a record number of people on-line...that being 696 simultaneously.

That record was then beat on 27 Feb 2007 when we hit a record 698 pers on simultaneously.

Since the 27th of Feb, that record number has gone up 5 times on 5 seperate days and now stands at 753 (and that's from today!!).

We've also had 5012 new posts already this month and a 710934 page views. (42701 just so far today!!).

So yes, I'd think that the growing popularity of the site most certainly has something to do with it.

Want to help solve the "slowness" that is sometimes experienced?? Support the site via subscribing, as only with these funds can servers (which are very costly) and other essentials be upgraded. Without that support Mr. Bobbitt does what he can, with the resources he's got. And I think he's doing an excellent job of it!!

:o Mike, I think you should strive to get more subscribers, have the place faster. Much better then subscribing to Tess  >:D

Vern, I hadn't even noticed that we broke the longstanding 696 record!

That was set when we counted users over the past hour. We dropped it to 30 minutes, and I figured we'd never break that record again, but here we are. So by breaking that record, we've actually doubled our max logged in count (700 in 30 minutes vs. 60 minutes.)

Mike Bobbitt said:
Vern, I hadn't even noticed that we broke the longstanding 696 record!

Well Mike, what do you think we insomniacs do in the middle of the night?? I surf the stats every day...just to see what's going on!!  ;D

And another bump for today:

Helps to explain the slowness at that hour!!  ;)

Most Online Today: 769. Most Online Ever: 769 (Today at 17:10:20)

Hmm...not sure if its me or not but I seem to have hit a speed bump here today.

Been acting a little funky for me today....  :-\

muskrat89 said:
Been acting a little funky for me today....   :-\

Me too, but only for the past hour or so. Lots of people online right now though.

Comes and goes for me, but then again, my family is running a game... ::)

It has been fluctuating up and down all morning........I have had time to S,S & S during one of the slow periods, when I was making a post.  That is pretty bad.

Yeah, we had a pretty good run there but it seems today the server's taking a hit again. It seems to have passed... for now.

I'm sure you are working on the site speed. It has been slower than normal today.

I'm coming up with a plan, but for the short term, there's not much I can do. When the system is out of resources I can free some up by restarting services, but if things are busy, we run out again quickly. I think I'm going to start socking away for new server class hardware. That will solve the problem for the long term.

Back