• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

army deu boots metal soles

jbvoncm

Inactive
Reaction score
good day
can anyone tell me of the person or location to get metal soles on my deu boots? the coc is taking too long
r021@hotmail.com

cheers mate

Call any good cobbler and they should be able to do it (install clickers and military heels) for you.

The cost is out of your pocket and the CoC may tell you to take them off if they don't authorise it prior.

Mind you I know of units that used to re-emburse members for getting it done, for ceremonial guards etc.

Regards

You can get it done at any shoe/boot repair store. It only cost me about $6 per pair.

It used to be the case & I suspect still is that if you are required the fly service air, boots with metal clickers are not allowed.

X Royal said:
It used to be the case & I suspect still is that if you are required the fly service air, boots with metal clickers are not allowed.

I recall when I was promoted to Sergeant.  I was fresh out of the Airborne Regiment, somewhat "cocky" (OK - I had an ego that couldn't fit into a C17).

Concurrent with my promotion came a posting to an air force outfit.  I got all dressed up in my best short-sleeved DEU (we had the tans back then), placing my ribbons on my chest, and my fresh new metal rank insignia on my collar.  I put on my gleaming dress boots, complete with clickers, and reported to work.

I walked into the hangar showing attitude that Chuck Norris would have admired - click ... click ... click.

Some greasy old fart dressed in coveralls appeared in my field of view - yelling something about getting out of "his" hangar with those clickers and all that "FOD".

"Who the hell are YOU?" I inquired.

"I'm the SWO" was the reply.

"What the hell is a SWO, and while we're at it - what the f*** is  FOD?"

A passing SAR Tech (with whom I had served prior to his remuster) rescued me.

The clickers were removed fairly rapidly - I became intimately acquainted with what a "SWO" is - and a compromise was reached on the "FOD" dripping off my Army uniform.

Roy

Roy Harding said:
I recall when I was promoted to Sergeant.  I was fresh out of the Airborne Regiment, somewhat "cocky" (OK - I had an ego that couldn't fit into a C17).

Concurrent with my promotion came a posting to an air force outfit.  I got all dressed up in my best short-sleeved DEU (we had the tans back then), placing my ribbons on my chest, and my fresh new metal rank insignia on my collar.  I put on my gleaming dress boots, complete with clickers, and reported to work.

I walked into the hangar showing attitude that Chuck Norris would have admired - click ... click ... click.

Some greasy old fart dressed in coveralls appeared in my field of view - yelling something about getting out of "his" hangar with those clickers and all that "FOD".

"Who the hell are YOU?" I inquired.

"I'm the SWO" was the reply.

"What the hell is a SWO, and while we're at it - what the f*** is  FOD?"

A passing SAR Tech (with whom I had served prior to his remuster) rescued me.

The clickers were removed fairly rapidly - I became intimately acquainted with what a "SWO" is - and a compromise was reached on the "FOD" dripping off my Army uniform.

Roy

I must of been a step ahead of you. I learned that leason as a private in 1 RCR. At that time there was no question that I had no authority. ??? :o :o

X Royal said:
I must of been a step ahead of you. I learned that leason as a private in 1 RCR. At that time there was no question that I had no authority. ??? :o :o

Yeah, well - some of us are slower than others.

Roy

jbvoncm said:
good day
can anyone tell me of the person or location to get metal soles on my deu boots? the coc is taking too long
r021@hotmail.com

cheers mate

Well, if you can add where you are exactly, maybe a member on here that is close to that area can tell you.  I have mine done at the cobblers inside the Superstore on Barrington Street in Halifax, cost me $27 taxes in.  If you are in Halifax, that might help you.

Where are you? 

Oh, I didn't have anything but the clickers put on though, the new ankle boots, this cobbler had never seen before, so...there was no double-souling and all that, just clickers.

Recce By Death said:
Call any good cobbler and they should be able to do it (install clickers and military heels) for you.

The cost is out of your pocket and the CoC may tell you to take them off if they don't authorise it prior.

Mind you I know of units that used to re-emburse members for getting it done, for ceremonial guards etc.

Regards

Also depends on your Base/Station as mine doesn't allow them cause of the cushion floor they installed in the drill hall/gym  :(

Nfld Sapper said:
Also depends on your Base/Station as mine doesn't allow them cause of the cushion floor they installed in the drill hall/gym  :(

Technicallity in your situation. Most troops don't parade in a gym.

Go through your CoC and see if it's even approved for Jnr NCOs before wasting cash on getting them put on, never mind double soles and military heels.

Regards

Actually we rarely use the Drill Hall/Gym only for very special occasions likes Change of Command Parades and the like  ;D

CFS St. John's sux :(

Back