• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Army Discipline Codes

E

Ellenshar

Where can you find information on the Army Discipline Codes?  I just received my uncle's Army military records (he was killed in Normandy in July 1944).  His service record has entries such as "1 charge under Sec 18-4AA", "Absent AA 1b(1)" and "FR&I 149(2)".  Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

You could ask DND if they have copies of the Kings Regulations and Orders and the National Defence Act in use for the Canadian Army (I assume he was in the Cdn Army) during WW2. They may have it, or know a museum or collector who has it. 

Tom

From the Handbook of Military Law, Singer and Langford, 1941:

Section 18, sub-para (4) of the Army Act (AA) is presented as "Steal, embezzles or fraudulently misapplies or receives, knowing it to have been stolen or embezzled, any property belonging to a person subject to military law, or belonging to any regimental band, regimental or garrison mess or regimental or garrison institution, or the Navy, Army and Air Force Institutes, or any public property."

I can find no reference to an Army Act article uder offences number "1b(1)", could this be "15(1)"?

Article 15, sub-para (1) reads: Absents himself without leave."

I can't help with "FR&I 149(2)"

Back