• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Assauting Baby with weapon (bottle) - Man flicks baby in face

Sub_Guy

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
A four-month-old baby was the victim of a bizarre crime Friday night when a man allegedly hit him with his baby bottle outside a southside liquor store.

Shortly before 10 p.m., the man walked up to the baby and his mom outside the Liquor Depot near 110 Street and 51 Avenue and took the bottle. He then allegedly hit the child on the nose with the bottle's nipple and later flicked him on the face with his finger, police said.

'WASN'T HARMED'

"The baby wasn't harmed," said police spokesman Patrycia Chalupczynska. "Afterwards, it had a red mark on its forehead. It doesn't appear that the child went to hospital."

Police, though, came on the scene after the mom started screaming for help. Before they arrived, people nearby held onto the suspect. Cops have now charged a man as a result with assault and, due to the use of the baby bottle, assault with a weapon.

"It's important to remember that alcohol was a factor in this incident," said Chalupczynska.

'POSSIBLE CHARGES'

Asked whether police would charge someone for a similarly minor assault against an adult, Chalupczynska said they could. "I believe if someone did that to an adult, there could be possible charges," she said.

Still, she noted that "you shouldn't go up to people and hit their babies.

"Because it's a baby, it makes it a little more sensitive," she said of Friday's incident.

Charged in the case is Mark Robert Nugent, 45. Besides the assault allegations, he faces a further charge of possession of a weapon.

I can't believe that they had to "note" that you shouldn't go up to people and hit their babies.. That's practically suicide, guaranteed a grade "A" ass-whoopin!

I would never hit a baby - but there have been times in confined spaces (namely airplanes) when a non-stop screaming baby nearly drove me insane enough to give that baby's parent a piece of my mind.  I like babies but when paying $100's for a flight, the last thing a stressed out traveller needs is a screaming baby soundtrack the whole flight.  My wife thinks I am insensitive - I think I speak for many people, including myself.

Anyway - anyone that assualts a baby needs to be punished accordingly.

J

Before I had kids, listening to a screaming kid on a plane would drive me to the nearest emergency exit. 

Now I just feel for the parents because there isn't really much they can do. I don't even hear the screams any more, because my MP3 player is usually on, either that or I am watching a flick.

The parents of the screaming baby are probably a heck of a lot more stressed than anyone else, knowing full well that 200 people are all itching to turn around and give them a piece.

I find it wierd that the police made a distinction between hiting a baby or an adult.

Weather you hit a baby or an adult there should be consequences... that is it! You do not hit people!

One thing for sure, If you hit a baby you are "BEEP" in the head!

A friend of mine had his 4 months old daughter killed by a friend who was watching her and could not handle the crying anymore.

Babies are so innocent, I don't understand how someone could even think about using violence against them.

I don't have kids but I think that if I was loosing my patience, I would rather, shave my head, break all the dishes in the house, and go out and scream my lungs out, before hurting them.

And for you parents out there, I don't judge you when your baby cries, because that's life!
After all they are allowed to have their bad days too!
Remember how anoying you can be when you have a bad day  ;) haha

When young kids are crying or acting up in a public place like a grocery store, the poor mom usually looks mortified. I make a point of smiling and saying "I bet he/she/they are really cute when he/she/they are sleeping." It most cases it seems to relieve some of her stress.

Dolphin_Hunter said:
Before I had kids, listening to a screaming kid on a plane would drive me to the nearest emergency exit. 

Ahhhhh, so you're para qualified are you??  >:D

Or are you really just a poser here ... and giving us a hint as to your true identity Mr. Cooper?  ;)

Back