• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ATIS tech availability

Manticure

Inactive
Reaction score
Here is my situation. I applied to the military in august. I applied for the ATIS tech and was qualified for it. Then I had kind of an interview with my recruiter by turned out that I needed to do more background checks. So after that it took all the way to January. That's when I had my official interview but the ATIS tech was filled by that time!! The recruiter told me that I am totally qualified for it and everything but I will need to wait for positions to open. He said that because it's a very needed trade, he is 99% certain that it will have new positions open in april at the start of new fiscal year. So he asked me to email him on april 1st.
But I've been really waiting for it and today I called recruiting center to ask them if they have any positions open for ATIS tech now but they said still nothing. Also they said they already have those other positions that came in for the start of fiscal year in april. Does that mean that ATIS tech is not needed for this year?? Or is there still a possibility there will be some new positions in april?

So, wait a minute, you haven't been accepted, but it's "still over a month" to your BMQ?

Manticure said:
Well it's still over a month till my basic training and I will most likely still have to go to that warrior prep company, which will definitely help me a lot.

???

Oh, and is it April 1st yet?  Wait until then and call back, like they asked you to.  Pretty much all recruiting has been put on hold until then.

Manticure said:
Why is that?
Probably because it's the end of the fiscal year and money is short.  There's a huge thread on here somewhere, but it's too early in the morning and I'm too lazy to go searching for it.

All right. I am still unsure about another thing. When I talked to my recruiter he said that once they officially get me into the position, things will start to happen fast, and basic training would be in a matter of weeks after that. But I noticed somewhere on this forum a guy wrote that he just got a call and they set up basic training for him in august. That would totally contradict with what my recruiter told me. Perhaps basic training dates are different for each branch? Navy, Army and Airforce?

No, BMQ is not divided by element.  Usually, when you are put on BMQ, it coincides with your next level of training.  People being told they're on an Aug BMQ more than likely have chosen trades where the QL3 course is not run until later in the year (Nov-Dec?).  After all, it makes absolutely no sense to put someone on BMQ now, to have them sit on PAT platoon for months waiting for a course.

You may very well get a "last minute" call and things may move quickly.  As we like to say in the CF; "Hurry up and wait."

Well I dropped by the recruitment office today and talked to them about this. They said that because of bad economy, they are not recruiting as many people anymore. And even though ATIS tech was very demanded just recently, it is now "limited".
They advised me to check back in april as they will probably have some positions open then. The recruiter that I had interviews with told me that I am on the waiting list for atis tech and that I should just wait at this point.. He is 99% sure that I will get in it within the next year. Even though it sucks to wait another year, atis tech is something I am really interested in and good at, so I have no choice but to wait.
Also he said all BMQs are filled up to August, so yeah, if I do get a position in april, the soonest I will go to BMQ will be august or september. But that would actually work out pretty well because it gives me time to improve my running preformance.
One more thing, even though I always feel like I am annoying and bugging them when I call the recruiters or come by there, it seems like it's good to do that (in moderation), because the recruiter put in a comment in my file as we spoke, noting that I dropped by the recruiting center. He said that it tells the guys at head office, or whoever deals with that, that I show real interest in the military.

Back