• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

ATOC

Jackson10

Inactive
Reaction score
My CoC have suggested they will nominate me for ATOC. However, we have not seen anything re: course offerings. Did we miss it for this year? I would appreciate any information whether ATOC has already happened, and if not, when it is happening. Thank you.

ATOC runs all the time. If you are Reg Force, it is Career Manager loaded based off of CoC recommendations/ priority.

I just my load message for ATOC starting January. I would like to do some reading over Christmas. Is there any specific doctrine or pubs that could be helpful to read beforehand? Thank you.

I just my load message for ATOC starting January. I would like to do some reading over Christmas. Is there any specific doctrine or pubs that could be helpful to read beforehand? Thank you.
I recommend the following:

a. Skim B-GL-300-001/FP-001 Land Operations Chapters 1 and 2 (not mandatory since the following pub will cover those)

b. Read B-GL-321-005/FP-001 Battle Group in Operations Chapters 1, 2, 6 and 7

c. Read B-GL-321-006/FP-001 Combat Team in Operations but study Chapters 1 and 2

Skimming the Tank Troop in Battle pub can also be useful if you are not a tanker, along with Infantry Section and Platoon in Operations if you are not Infantry.

What is your Branch? You should review your own Branch's doctrine/TTPs because the DS will call on you to cover points regarding your Branch.

Good luck!

a. Skim B-GL-300-001/FP-001 Land Operations Chapters 1 and 2 (not mandatory since the following pub will cover those)

c. Read B-GL-321-006/FP-001 Combat Team in Operations but study Chapters 1 and 2

Skimming the Tank Troop in Battle pub can also be useful if you are not a tanker, along with Infantry Section and Platoon in Operations if you are not Infantry.

What is your Branch? You should review your own Branch's doctrine/TTPs because the DS will call on you to cover points regarding your Branch.

Good luck!
That is excellent! Thank you so much. I am tracking these down now. :)

Good luck!
Got them all located and saved! Will start reading. I really appreciate the feedback.

I am Log O and all my buds tell me we are a bit behind. Apparently, the artillery pers are the best at it?
Don't worry about it. If some of your fellow students in the syndicate have a few exercises at the Combat Team level as Troop Leaders or Platoon Commanders then pick their brains. Engineer officers tend to be quite good at the Estimate process.

A Combat Team attack can look quite daunting to put together, but the fundamentals are not that complicated. Once you've made contact with the enemy, you have three basic choices: frontal, left flank or right flank. Part of your force shoots up the enemy and keeps their heads down while the rest of your force takes a covered approach, hopefully at 90 degrees to the firebase, to roll up and destroy the enemy platoon. The FOO will be dropping HE and smoke on the enemy from supporting artillery. Recce and maybe anti-armour will be screening the flank of your assault force.

Whatever you do, you should have at least one Tank Troop in the Fire Base, usually the one that made contact. Expect an obstacle that you will need to breach. (It is considered very rude to not breach an obstacle that someone has put a lot of effort into emplacing). At least one tank troop (and maybe two) in the Assault Force with the Engineers will handle the breach with plows (and maybe rollers). The tanks in the Assault Force then blast through/past the enemy positions, destroying any enemy vehicles that were hidden from the Fire Base. The infantry company roll through the lanes in the obstacle and, accompanied by another Tank Troop in intimate support, destroy the enemy. The infantry dismount as appropriate and stab/grenade the enemy. You consolidate to fend off the inevitable counter-attack, handle casualties/prisoners and then proceed with the task at hand.

You will use the Combat Estimate to make your plan. They will teach it to you, but review it in the Combat Team Operations book.

Above all, don't panic.

I always kind of preferred to find a way around the obstacle…just to drink Engineer’s tears…

Don't worry about it. If some of your fellow students in the syndicate have a few exercises at the Combat Team level as Troop Leaders or Platoon Commanders then pick their brains. Engineer officers tend to be quite good at the Estimate process.

A Combat Team attack can look quite daunting to put together, but the fundamentals are not that complicated. Once you've made contact with the enemy, you have three basic choices: frontal, left flank or right flank. Part of your force shoots up the enemy and keeps their heads down while the rest of your force takes a covered approach, hopefully at 90 degrees to the firebase, to roll up and destroy the enemy platoon. The FOO will be dropping HE and smoke on the enemy from supporting artillery. Recce and maybe anti-armour will be screening the flank of your assault force.

Whatever you do, you should have at least one Tank Troop in the Fire Base, usually the one that made contact. Expect an obstacle that you will need to breach. (It is considered very rude to not breach an obstacle that someone has put a lot of effort into emplacing). At least one tank troop (and maybe two) in the Assault Force with the Engineers will handle the breach with plows (and maybe rollers). The tanks in the Assault Force then blast through/past the enemy positions, destroying any enemy vehicles that were hidden from the Fire Base. The infantry company roll through the lanes in the obstacle and, accompanied by another Tank Troop in intimate support, destroy the enemy. The infantry dismount as appropriate and stab/grenade the enemy. You consolidate to fend off the inevitable counter-attack, handle casualties/prisoners and then proceed with the task at hand.

You will use the Combat Estimate to make your plan. They will teach it to you, but review it in the Combat Team Operations book.

Above all, don't panic.
This is wicked feedback. Thanks! I am adding this to my package.

Above all, don't panic.

And ask the drivers for the best route from the FUP to the objective ;)

Passed the DL test. Seriously, the doctrine you referenced (and i read beforehand) made the difference for me in that one.

So, heartfelt and sincere thank you.

Slam Dunk Basketball GIF

Passed the DL test. Seriously, the doctrine you referenced (and i read beforehand) made the difference for me in that one.

So, heartfelt and sincere thank you.
Congrats on the results that resulted from your hard work and study!

I think that most enjoy ATOC (and AOC) even if being on course can be stressful at times. Your course mates will all bring something to the table, and that includes you. Having a sound understanding of the doctrine is very useful. It is fine to depart from doctrine, but it is very good to know when you are doing so.

Congrats on the results that resulted from your hard work and study!

I think that most enjoy ATOC (and AOC) even if being on course can be stressful at times. Your course mates will all bring something to the table, and that includes you. Having a sound understanding of the doctrine is very useful. It is fine to depart from doctrine, but it is very good to know when you are doing so.

That's a keeper ;)

Back