• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Auditor General Fall 2012 report on VAC out ....

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
.... here with the list of recommendations (with government responses to the recommendations) attached.

VAC's statement in response:
The Honourable Steven Blaney, Minister of Veterans Affairs, today issued the following statement in response to the tabling of Auditor General Michael Ferguson’s 2012 Fall Report, which includes an audit of the Government of Canada’s support for ill and injured military personnel in their transition to civilian life:

“I would like to thank the Auditor General for his helpful report on the transition of ill and injured military personnel to civilian life. Our Government is determined to serve Canada’s Veterans as they have always served our country, and we will implement all of the Auditor General’s recommendations.

“I also want to reassure Canada’s Veterans, the men and women serving in the Canadian Forces and their families, that our Government will always be there for them when they need their country’s support. That is why I have already instructed my officials to develop a robust Veterans Transition Action Plan to directly address and go above and beyond the recommendations in the Auditor General’s report.

“The measures in the new Veterans Transition Action Plan will build on my Cutting Red Tape for Veterans initiative, which is already providing Veterans and their families with better and faster service in more modern and convenient ways.

“I will continue to work closely with my colleague, the Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of National Defence, to ensure my Department and his continue and improve on their close collaboration to ensure a seamless transition process for releasing Canadian Forces personnel.

“Our Government is proud of the significant role we play in helping Canada’s heroes to enjoy full and rewarding lives after their military careers. We are determined to deliver the care and support these men and women have earned and deserve.”

Back