• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aug 7th BMQ update live from St Jean!!!

Sigs Guy said:
The only place I ever enjoyed being section senior was in the field. I loved the field in Farnham.

As for Borden, the highlight of my three months there was ripping out some carpet at the Ranger's building. PRETC is one of the most incompetent places you will ever end up being a part of.

I'm in CFSATE, which is a wee bit different than PRETCE...  Namely, we play more crazy 8's.  It's terrible so far!

Farnham was all kinds of fun.  The highlight was when no one would get out of the sleeping bags, so I got to call the fire fire fire and ring the bell to get them up and onto the road in their underwear, haha.

Sparkplugs said:
In Farnham there was lots of rain, lots of cold, and hardly any sleep, but it was so much fun.  I was course senior in Farnham for the hootchie week and the UN camp week, and it was a blast. 

I dispised you. ;D

Freezing cold, chilled to the bone, wet as a fish, and after a "Gas-Gas-Gas", followed by a fire drill, you pick me and a few other unlucky blokes out of the entire bloody platoon to take over Sentry after we attacked the base.

Scott rather enjoyed my "vent" that night. Honestly, it was the first time I really let out my anger and frustration in words.

Thats when the trees started bending over on themselves in my hallucinations.

I fell asleep, standing up, during the rappel class that morning. That did not help my confidence at the top of that freaking tower.
"FASTER! FASTER! THERE'S TALIBAN SHOOTING AT YOU RECRUIT! YOU BETTER GET DOWN THERE AND KILL EM BEFORE THEY KILL YOU!"
Then there's you at the bottom, staring up at me with the rope like I'm a bloody numpty.

SigOpDraco said:
I dispised you. ;D

Freezing cold, chilled to the bone, wet as a fish, and after a "Gas-Gas-Gas", followed by a fire drill, you pick me and a few other unlucky blokes out of the entire bloody platoon to take over Sentry after we attacked the base.

Scott rather enjoyed my "vent" that night. Honestly, it was the first time I really let out my anger and frustration in words.

Thats when the trees started bending over on themselves in my hallucinations.

I fell asleep, standing up, during the rappel class that morning. That did not help my confidence at the top of that freaking tower.
"FASTER! FASTER! THERE'S TALIBAN SHOOTING AT YOU RECRUIT! YOU BETTER GET DOWN THERE AND KILL EM BEFORE THEY KILL YOU!"
Then there's you at the bottom, staring up at me with the rope like I'm a bloody numpty.

I had no choice to choose for sentry the people who somehow managed to be the greymen.  There were always the few who volunteered, and it just wasn't fair to keep picking them.  Sorry, but I did more sentry out there than you did, what with people not waking up, leaving early and the like.  I feel no sympathy for you, m'dear, I got less sleep than everyone else that week, and we all went through the same thing.  ;D

That rapelling guy was quite the character anyway.  I was looking at him mostly, because sometimes I really wonder about the screaming about the taliban shooting us all the time.  He did that when he came upstairs as suty staff one time too.

'Twas good to meet you, and I'm sorry I made ya suffer.  We all survived though, and have the grad pictures to prove it.  :D

I was random chance if anything :p We were all in masks!

Ah well, it was all good times. Me and some of the troops from 28 & 27 are heading to Meaford this week for SQ, so don't be surprised if we disappear. But I'm sure someones probobly told ya already.

SigOpDraco said:
I was random chance if anything :p We were all in masks!

Ah well, it was all good times. Me and some of the troops from 28 & 27 are heading to Meaford this week for SQ, so don't be surprised if we disappear. But I'm sure someones probobly told ya already.

Yeah, I heard.  I'm almost jealous!  I'm bored out of my skull over at cfsate, it's insanity over here.  Good luck with all that!  See ya when you get back, if you're coming back here? :)

Sparkplugs said:
I had no choice to choose for sentry the people who somehow managed to be the greymen.  There were always the few who volunteered, and it just wasn't fair to keep picking them.  Sorry, but I did more sentry out there than you did, what with people not waking up, leaving early and the like.  I feel no sympathy for you, m'dear, I got less sleep than everyone else that week, and we all went through the same thing.   ;D

That rapelling guy was quite the character anyway.  I was looking at him mostly, because sometimes I really wonder about the screaming about the taliban shooting us all the time.  He did that when he came upstairs as suty staff one time too.

'Twas good to meet you, and I'm sorry I made ya suffer.  We all survived though, and have the grad pictures to prove it.   :D

Huh?  I have read that a few times but I still don't get it.  Where were your NCOs??  They should have sorted the blades out.

There's some team players.  ::)  Some section/troop/battery/sqn/wing/ship etc is going to be the lucky recipient of a few members of the "Pass the Buck" team.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

ummmm...whats suty staff?  Now either...the s should be a D OR...you forgot the L after the S and THAT'S one that we shouldn't touch eh?

:rofl:

Mud Recce Man said:
Huh?  I have read that a few times but I still don't get it.  Where were your NCOs??  They should have sorted the blades out.

ummmm...whats suty staff?  Now either...the s should be a D OR...you forgot the L after the S and THAT'S one that we shouldn't touch eh?

:rofl:

Hehe, that would be duty staff.  ;D

I was course senior out there in the field, and we had some issues with teamwork.  Namely, some people felt they shouldn't have to pull sentry duty at night.  Our instructors wanted us to deal with it as much as we could, and I really wasn't  happy about running to the instructor tent in the middle of the night.  I pulled sentry while people got woken up or located.  I was evil enough to get my payback in the morning with the 4:30am, freezing cold FIRE FIRE FIRE alarm.  I had far too much fun with that.

Sparkplugs said:
Hehe, that would be duty staff.   ;D

I was course senior out there in the field, and we had some issues with teamwork.  Namely, some people felt they shouldn't have to pull sentry duty at night.  Our instructors wanted us to deal with it as much as we could, and I really wasn't  happy about running to the instructor tent in the middle of the night.  I pulled sentry while people got woken up or located.  I was evil enough to get my payback in the morning with the 4:30am, freezing cold FIRE FIRE FIRE alarm.  I had far too much fun with that.

Seen.  Not everyone is the best team player.  Some people get the idea of a team quickly.  Some slower.  Others never. 

Here's my "team" speech I used to give to my students way back when I did stuff that was close to real army stuff (I command a desk now).

"There are x amount of you on this course.  Now, you have two options here troops.  You can spend all your time looking after everyone EXCEPT yourself.  That means there is "X-1" sets of eyes watching your a$$.  The same goes for EVERYONES a$$.  Or, you can look after no one but yourself.  And have 1 set of eyes covering your a$$.  You decide which one is better".

You did what you could and issued some CBF/BFC back at em.

Not saying the instructors were wrong ( I am not there so not in tune with the trng objectives).  I guess I just didn't know they were letting the students run with the ball.  I can see good and bad points to that.  But...I am only a SME in the Desk Recce Commando world so... ;D.

Glad to see you made it.  Don't wear the skin of your thumb dealing the cards at "PT" now that you are in the real world!

Mud Recce Man said:
Seen.  Not everyone is the best team player.  Some people get the idea of a team quickly.  Some slower.  Others never. 

Glad to see you made it.  Don't wear the skin of your thumb dealing the cards at "PT" now that you are in the real world!

Ahh, 'seen.'  Man, I loved doing patrols and stuff.  What am I doing in the air force, lol?

It was a good challenge not to scream at everyone 24/7, what with the lack of sleep and all, but I knew the instructors would have ridden all of our behinds if we spent the whole time fighting.  I learned a lot though, and it was a whole lot of fun.  To be honest, I'd rather do bmq 5 times over than sit here on PAT.

:p

EDIT:  I think I played Crazy 8's about 10 times today.

Back