• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aussie SF Kill IED Facilitator in Uruzgan

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
TALIBAN INSURGENT COMMANDER KILLED BY AUSTRALIAN SPECIAL FORCES (link embedded in title)
AUS MoD statement, 21 Jul 09

A senior Taliban insurgent commander, who was a known improvised explosive device facilitator, has been killed in a recent operation led by Afghan National Security Forces and supported by Australian troops.

The Chief of Joint Operations, Lieutenant General Mark Evans, said with the phase of that operation now complete, it could be announced that Mullah Amanullah Akhund had been killed after a combined Australian/Afghan patrol was fired on by insurgents.

Akhund was one of three men killed when the patrol returned fire. He was known to have made and placed road-side bombs in Oruzgan province, in southern Afghanistan. All three men were found with large quantities of ammunition, Taliban printed material, and communications equipment.

“Through his actions, as an improvised explosive device facilitator, Akhund is known to have targeted Australian, coalition and Afghan troops,” Lieutenant General Evans said.

“His removal, as a leader of insurgents, will continue to disrupt the Taliban’s network and its operations, especially in the lead up to Presidential and Provincial Council elections next month.

“As improvised explosive devices are responsible for a large number of civilian casualties in Afghanistan, the removal of Akhund will help improve the security and safety of our troops and innocent Afghans.”

Good. One more sent to paradise. I hope the 72 virgins are....sorry I won't say what I'm thinking.

OldSoldier said:
Good. One more sent to paradise. I hope the 72 virgins are....sorry I won't say what I'm thinking.
What?  Male?  ;D

HEY!  Us Scots are offended.  No way.  Not on our traditional _________ ummmm..... traditional ....ummmmmm......Well that is just offensive.

George, I was not talking about sheep. I'm half Scottish and I would never ever submit a poor wee beastie to such an awful thing. Sheep are sensitive creatures...
Think of bacon.....72 would be all over this guy like ugly on an ape.

OldSoldier said:
George, I was not talking about sheep. I'm half Scottish and I would never ever submit a poor wee beastie to such an awful thing. Sheep are sensitive creatures...
Think of bacon.....72 would be all over this guy like ugly on an ape.
There wouldn't be enough of him to feed 72........

George Wallace said:
There wouldn't be enough of him to feed 72........
Then a few more insurgent bomb makers will have to inhabit paradise......

I did think of that, but then realized that with each hopeful martyr there came another 72 ______________s.  That would mean the lack of munchies for the 72 is then multiplied by 72 for each additional hopeful martyr.  They would be swimming......actually drowning in ________s.

See, I always thought the joke was that there were only 72 total. For everyone. For ever.

VIChris said:
See, I always thought the joke was that there were only 72 total. For everyone. For ever.

That could very well be. No one said the virgins had to be human, or female right?.....

OldSoldier said:
That could very well be. No one said the virgins had to be human, or female right?.....

Of course not, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

See this is the kind of counter propaganda we need to get working on over there!

Back