• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AVN tech. school before basic, what?

tripler

Inactive
Reaction score
I am all through the enrollment process and just waiting to get the call to go to Basic, now I get word that they might send me to school in Halifax first for the avn training and then send me to basic. Has anyone heard of this before? Will I still be considered a NCM and recieve the same benefits?Anyone have any thoughts?

Nothing new as it has been done before.  You are enrolled, sent to school and do the BMQ after the first year.  You still get paid.

tripler said:
I am all through the enrollment process and just waiting to get the call to go to Basic, now I get word that they might send me to school in Halifax first for the avn training and then send me to basic. Has anyone heard of this before? Will I still be considered a NCM and recieve the same benefits?Anyone have any thoughts?

Sounds like you will be at the NSCC college down by the Woodside ferry terminal.  There is a new campus there overlooking the Halifax harbour, as well as the old Moir's chocolate factory that they moved the AVS types to from the old NS International Airshow building here on the Wing. 

John's Lunch (local restaurant) is RIGHT there with (supposedly...) some of the best deep fried clams in the city...bring your artery brush!!

If you are sworn in and not on LWOP (Leave Without Pay) you should get paid.  I won't guess on if they will move your dependants and HG & E (Household Goods and Effects).  Odd situation that you might ask about at your CFRC for sure.

I can vouch for John's Lunch. Definately a place to check out if you're in the local area.

Havn't been there in a while but personal preference is to grab a Rootberer float from A&W right beside it and then head over for some food.

Back