• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AVOTP to Nav Comm -- Postings

andrewkw08

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been a 291er now for 7 years posted to Ottawa. I am currently in the process of completing an AVOTP to Nav Comm. I am doing this for a lot of reasons, one though that I still have many questions about and cannot seem to find them is postings for Naval personnel. I am originally from Victoria, BC. I know that being in the CF you go to wherever you are posted that's it that's all. But since I have a huge family out there including my finance (She is going to university there), what does anyone think of the possibility of me being posted there? I am not sure if the Navy tries to accommodate such things like this, seeing as the Army doesn't seem to look at this. I know to never assume where a posting might be, just trying to see if the Navy does things slightly different.

Thanks for the read

Here's what I think, your chances are probably pretty damn good.

But we all know what I think doesn't matter for shit, I will say this though, coming from the 00299 trade I do know they were very accommodating for individual needs (from what I hear they still are).  Let them know about your situation and I am sure they will do everything they can to help you out, with the usual caveat that there are no guarantees until you are holding that posting message.

andrewkw08 said:
seeing as the Army doesn't seem to look at this. I know to never assume where a posting might be, just trying to see if the Navy does things slightly different.

Let's not slang the Army here, you're in a trade that has 2 major postings, Kingston and Letrim. Extremely limited options to leave those areas.

I heard they are pretty good with that, just never had the opportunity to talk to someone on either coasts and get some sort of idea. Of course I won't go off anything until that paper is in my hand. Also to the other note, I am in no way bashing the Army. I love being in it and I couldn't ask for a better way to spend my life then to be in uniform. I just have done my time in the Army (Good and bad). Now it is time to go on my way and hopefully make it home in a different trade.

Back