• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bankruptcy DAOD 5019-8 [Merged]

If you go bankrupt do they drain all your RRSP's in order to help pay for your debts? The old link in this thread for DAOD does not work, any idea what the new one is?

Old topic, but relates to the question.

Your RRSP and what happens to them in a Bankruptcy are not military administration matters. Consult a Trustee in Bankruptcy for your answer.

As a lawyer, I recall that depending on various factors, some RRSP are exempt from the Bankruptcy, while some others aren't. The Trustee will be able to advise you regardless of your intent to file for protection.

Cbbmtt said:
If you go bankrupt do they drain all your RRSP's in order to help pay for your debts? The old link in this thread for DAOD does not work, any idea what the new one is?

Old topic, but relates to the question.

As far as I know google still works which is way I mentioned the specific DAOD being DAOD 5019-8. And yes as mentioned above, if you are having financial issues and worried about what may/or may not be accessible to your creditors, you should be consulting advice from qualified folks in the real world, and not people you don't know on the internet.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/about-policies-standards-defence-admin-orders-directives-5000/5019-8.page

Back