• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bayonets: your essential Zombie killing weapon accessory.

Kick out the ones in segregation to fight/get eaten by the zombies while we take shelter in the high security areas.

monday-motivate-301.jpg

Great, now that I've posted in this thread, it'll keep showing up in the 'replies to my posts'  :facepalm:

Journeyman said:
Great, now that I've posted in this thread, it'll keep showing up in the 'replies to my posts'  :facepalm:

Go into your profile. Look on the left for 'Notifications', click and change your options. ;)

Ahhhhhh!  I have been bitten by a zombie, soon I will be an unread flesh craving monster!

So, who wants to come over for dinner?  I'm making lady fingers.

Maybe we are too focused on the wrong things...

http://www.thefrisky.com/2011-10-19/mind-of-man-sex-the-zombie-apocalypse/

Mind Of Man: Sex & The Zombie Apocalypse
John DeVoreOctober 19, 2011 13 Comments // guys, Highlights

When the dead walk and the world is plunged into chaos, the only dating advice that will matter is this: the couple that beheads zombies together, stays together. But that advice doesn’t just work in a dark future where corpses hunger for human flesh. It is very practical dating advice for right now, in these last, few remaining years when the deceased stay in their coffins, rather than clawing out from their graves.
I think it’s just smart to ask yourself if someone you’re dating would last in the event of the zombie apocalypse. It’s an important consideration. Because dating during a zombie outbreak, while intense, really emphasizes what is important in a relationship. If the person you’re dating isn’t someone who will watch your back, then what’s the point of pursuing that relationship?

Just because the world will be teaming with hordes of murderous cadavers doesn’t mean that dating will be canceled. It just means that what you’ll be looking for in a companion will change, or so you better hope. The superficial qualities most people look for in a boyfriend or girlfriend today will be useless fighting zombies. When looking for Mr. or Mrs. Right during the End Days, you should look for the following: can he or she swing an ax? Load a shotgun? Use a chainsaw? Does this person have a strong stomach? Is this person a picky eater, and if so, can this person subsist on a diet of whatever can be grabbed in a hurry from a smashed open vending machine? Most importantly: will this person save my ass or just run during the first sign of danger?

Courage is what happens when love puts on its pants and makes a point. Don’t ever date someone who doesn’t understand that the only way two people survive life is if both people are singularly concerned with the happiness, well-being and safety of the other person. The self-absorbed will be the first to get snacked on. Which means half of Facebook is already doomed. Men or women who push others out of the way and run are always the first to die when it comes to marauding zombies, and for that matter, dinosaurs, or aliens.

Start looking for these qualities now; when ghastly phalanxes of zombies start lumbering down the street, you’ll be glad you did. If you’re a man, start looking to date feminists. Damsels in distress will not survive the night of the living dead. If you’re a woman, don’t just look for a man who looks like a lumberjack. Prize cleverness, because a clever man will build a better Molotov cocktail than a meatball who doesn’t know that you should mix a healthy amount of sugar into the gasoline. Look for someone self-confident enough to know that without sacrifice, there is no success. Being able to improvise and turn obstacles into opportunities will be the new sexy.

It’s not like dating in a dystopia will be all brain splatter and blood curdling screams of terror. There will be, most certainly, less bullshit. Meeting people will be easier, because the living will all have one major thing in common: fighting for their lives. Picking places to date will also be simpler. Just pick any place not swarming with rotting monsters from hell. Sure, this future won’t be great for foodies. But after days of not eating, that bowl of canned beef strew is going to taste amazing. Running into your ex will be no problem: he or she’ll probably be a zombie anyway.

Plus, the sex will be fantastic. Intense and grasping and fueled by adrenaline. Sex is a release of creative energy and will, therefore, be the greatest weapon humanity has against the cold darkness of an Earth where the dead have returned. Of course, the sexing will have to happen during brief lulls in combat. You’ll strip naked wherever you happen to be hiding — a meat locker, a bunker, a tent on the high ground. You’ll both check each other out for bites that you didn’t give each other. Then you will bang and your moans of pleasure will drown out the savage moans of the zombies who slowly slog your way. Afterwards, you’ll both get dressed while simultaneously checking your ammo.

Dating is a process that helps us find someone to spend our life with. The truth is, we’re already surrounded by death. Every day. So the pile of minutes we’re all given are the most valuable thing we can possibly share with someone. Dating shouldn’t be a process that helps us find the person who is most like we are, because it’s just so much easier to date a person we’re already in love with. Dating, now or during the zombie apocalypse, should be about finding that person who will join you in battle. Who will pick brains out of your hair, shoot an arrow through the head of a zombie you didn’t see sneaking up on you, and who will slap you if you’re hysterical and scream “I can’t do this without you!” You can’t do this alone. This. Life. This momentary burp in the space-time continuum.

I mean, you can do it alone, but a comrade-in-arms gives the hacking, stabbing and flame-throwing meaning. When it’s not about you, but about her, or him, then everything just makes sense. I will sharpen your Samurai sword if you oil my assault rifle. I will bring you wonton soup as you work late on that new account if you whisper in my ear that I’ll nail that job interview in the morning. The dead never share fresh brains. Love is the only thing that can save us from zombies. Love is the only thing that can save us.

You can be John’s friend on Facebook if you really want to be his friend. Or you can follow his musings on Twitter.

Good post T - however already dead corpses do not reanimate.

The virus kills the host then reanimates the corpse. If a corpse (non infected) comes in contact with the virus, nothing happens.

You have to be alive to become a zombie. Already dead folk won't. ;)

Not if you watch some of the movies.

All depends which Zombie vintage movie the deceased where fans of...

KevinB said:
Not if you watch some of the movies.

All depends which Zombie vintage movie the deceased where fans of...

That's why we have flamethrowers! Now you don't have to guess

So my new revised Zombie Apocalypse survival plan is:

1- Go to Kevin's House

2- Stop at Walmart en route and loot George Romero and Walking Dead DVD Boxed Sets as training manuals.

PanaEng said:
Here is an essential part for your kit: (didn't see a link in here)

http://www.westernsportsman.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/zombie-ammo-full.jpg
I'm kind of tempted to know what makes these rounds so great. Increased fragmentation upon entering the skull? Personally, I think the best anti-zombie round would be those phosphouros rounds from WWZ. The "Hot pie" they called it, upon entering the skull. It burns all brain matter, disabling and destroying the zombie permanently. I'm also upset that they don't have a .30-06 or .303 caliber... Can't use the M1 or Enfield now... Damn.

Since API ammunition might be in short suply, you might practice with these guys instead:

http://www.batl.ca/home/index.html

More amazing projectile weapons here:

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2012-02/compact-mechanical-crossbow-nails-targets-precision-laser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3HH7mBTbHM&feature=player_embedded

You Built What?!: A Compact Mechanical Crossbow With the Precision of a Laser

Wrist-mounted weaponry brought to you by the letter Y
By Gregory Mone Posted 03.05.2012 at 10:08 am 15 Comments

Taking Aim Patrick Priebe’s crossbow can hit objects from more than 30 feet away. Daniel Buscher

Last October, after hurting his knee playing hockey, Patrick Priebe was holed up in his apartment near Cologne, Germany, with nothing to do. He was sitting at his computer, staring at his keyboard, when the “Y” key caught his eye. Priebe didn’t see a letter. To him, it looked like a crossbow. Immediately he knew what his next project would be.

For years, the German lab technician had built laser weapons, including a working Iron Man–style palm-fired blue-diode laser. After all those futuristic gadgets, he wanted to make a completely mechanical contraption. Priebe doesn’t draw up designs for his projects; he just starts tinkering. In his home shop, he cut some bars from an aluminum sheet and fastened together a Y-shaped frame that fit perfectly over the back of his hand.

Next he gathered more aluminum, copper, and brass sheeting. He ordered steel wire usually used in model planes, carbon-fiber tubing for the arrow shafts, and a few cylinders of low-friction Teflon plastic. He cut out two pieces of flexible spring-steel to act as the bow and stretched the steel wire between them for the string. Using a lathe, he shaped pieces of brass for the arrowheads, glued them to the carbon-fiber tubes, cut a groove down the center of one of the Teflon bars, and placed it in the center of the crossbow.

Building a hand-mounted crossbow: Time 2 weeks Cost $150  Daniel Buscher/Tango Lima GMBH

To fire, he pulls back the wire, hooks it around a brass block, and places an arrow in the groove. When he flicks the thumb trigger, the brass block drops, the wire pops forward, and the arrow flies.

Priebe can use the crossbow to pierce soda cans, smash lightbulbs, and tag apples. And although his creation isn’t the smallest crossbow in the DIY world, none match its mix of power and accuracy, quick reload and ability to fire one-handed. Still, he has no plans to use it, not even for home security. For that, he says, “I have a pretty sturdy hockey stick that would do the trick.”

Go on to the next page for three more DIY projectile launchers.

The second page items are fun, maybe the grappling hook projector is useful, but a gatling slingshot?

http://www.survivetheoutbreak.com/  So yes, I died alot in this.  Apparently I am not as good in a zombie world as I thought I would be.

No enough options -- and what sort of idiot starts a Zombie outbreak with only a double barrel shotgun?

Back