• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BC Murders / MB Manhunt of Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky

Dimsum said:
https://globalnews.ca/news/5672805/missing-bc-teens-now-murder-suspects/?utm_source=onsite_notification

As of an hour or so ago the RCMP think they may be in Gillam, MB in the province's north east.

Hopefully they haven't any other bodies behind them.

Dimsum said:
https://globalnews.ca/news/5672805/missing-bc-teens-now-murder-suspects/?utm_source=onsite_notification

As of an hour or so ago the RCMP think they may be in Gillam, MB in the province's north east.

If true, they’re at the wrong end of a long highway with no other way out.

tomahawk6 said:
Fox news is covering this closely. Intially the RCMP approach was to downplay this as a threat to the public. With the second murders I think their approach has changed. Eventually they will get their man. Meanwhile dont breakdown on that stretch of road. If it were me I would be armed with a pistol, but thats not the law in Canada but a shotgun is legal right ? At least the last time I was in Canada it was.I was able to bring in a shotgun and 300 win mag for my raft trip down the Yukon.

Most of the gun laws we have are designed for the Cities/Populated Areas of Canada.  Go out to the bush and it's basically free-for-all.  Yah people are supposed to follow the rules but there are few police to uphold them and people generally do as they please.

Case in point:

Took this photo outside Radisson, QC on the James Bay Road. 

1FvcKnR.jpg

It reads in French "Shooting on, near or across the road is prohibited"

You can't make it out but the road sign has about a dozen bullet holes in it  ;)

Hopefully they are not up here anymore, I am currently working just past Wonowon down the Mile 103 road on Hwy 97. Will definitely be doing a vehicle inspection prior to to leaving to Fort St John and before I head back out to work.

Sounds like a solid sighting in Split Lake MB yesterday (one of the two looks to be wearing a CADPAT shirt that a store clerk recognized), and then a burned out vehicle was found farther up the way... they’re basically stuck if they’re up there; there’s only one way out and it’s the way they came in.

It'll be nice when these guys get apprehended... guilty or not remains to be seen, but whatever has happened it seems like they've gone full tilt.

Source: Twitter, from locals in Gillam, MB.

Burned out SUV located, looks like a RAV 4. “SWAT” (RCMP ERT) in the area with helicopter support.

I suspect we’ll see a surrender or suicides. They will not be enjoying hunkering in the woods getting eaten alive. They’re realizing about now that life is not an airsoft game.

Unless they car jack someone up there, there's nothing for them around there....

My time estimate might be way off, but didn't they put a ton of km between the last update (SK?) to Gillam?  It didn't seem that long in between those two updates.

Dimsum said:
My time estimate might be way off, but didn't they put a ton of km between the last update (SK?) to Gillam?  It didn't seem that long in between those two updates.

As per Google Maps.
14hrs
1297km

Gillam is the end of the line, unless they want to jump the train to Churchill.

GAP said:
Unless they car jack someone up there, there's nothing for them around there....

Nowhere to go even if they do. You can bet your ass the RCMP will have a roadblock up on the highway out.

Yeah, and there's only one road....

A couple of articles are now quoting one of the teens' fathers as saying they are "survivalists" who like to go into the woods and "play war" and are "trained in camouflage." Ummm...okay.

Latest from Ontario Provincial Police North West Region's info-machine …
The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) are issuing a public safety warning in relation to the suspects in a British Columbia homicide of a young couple along with another death.

The last confirmed sighting of the suspects, Kam McLEOD and Bryer SCHMEGELSKY, was in Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan. It would appear the suspects are heading in an easterly direction.

The suspects are to be considered dangerous. Police have reason to believe they were recently in the Gillam, Manitoba area.

If you see them, do not approach them and any person with information regarding this missing person investigation should immediately contact 911 or the Ontario Provincial Police at 1-888-310-1122.
PDF version of statement & latest cop pix attached.

Attachments

• LatestOPPpix.JPG
    LatestOPPpix.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 101
  • OPP_News_Release_86602.pdf
    78.4 KB · Views: 49
RCMP confirm burned vehicle found near Gillam, Man., belonged to suspects
Increased police presence in Manitoba communities of Gillam, Fox Lake Cree Nation
Manitoba RCMP following up on “numerous tips” regarding the two suspects
Ontario Provincial Police issue warning to public that suspects may be “heading in an easterly direction”

https://globalnews.ca/news/5675920/2-teen-suspects-three-people-killed-north-bc-manhunt/

It's a hot day in Gillam- over 30*. Tomorrow it rains, then drops down to 9 at night. They won't be able to hear the RCMP helicopters for all the mosquitos and sandflies. They're about 24 hours into some excruciating physical misery if they stay out in the bush. There's no way out for them, the single road out of town is roadblocked.

Unfortunately the father of one of the two involved is predicting his son will go out 'in a blaze of glory'. This was the lad raised on YouTube and video games after his parents split. Here's hoping he finds himself humbled by a few rough nights in the woods and comes in quietly. I don't want to see any of the good guys come to harm over this.

Any vacation homes in the area ? Might be easy to break into an empty place and the chances of finding food in one might be good.

tomahawk6 said:
Any vacation homes in the area ? Might be easy to break into an empty place and the chances of finding food in one might be good.

I don’t think you truly appreciate how remote this place is.

Back