• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Belton business asks for leftover Halloween candy to send to troops overseas

daftandbarmy

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
What a great idea.... although I wouldn't want to be the CQMS dealing with the results at the receiving end ;)

If you have any leftover Halloween candy, Brautigan Realty in Belton is accepting candy donations to send to troops stationed overseas.

Owner Heidi Brautigan is hoping to collect 200 pounds of Halloween candy this year. It all started five years ago with her son, who has a peanut allergy.

“We had all this extra candy left and we were like, ‘what do we do with it?’” Brautigan recalled.

That’s when she started researching and stumbled upon the nonprofit Soldiers’ Angels and their project “Treats for Troops.” The real estate business is the only collection site in the Central Texas area.

This year, more than 130 units have already requested the candy care packages.

“For deployed service members just receiving a package from home is really a great surprise,” Amy Palmer, CEO of Soldiers’ Angels, said. “To be able to put that candy in their pocket and take out on the field, sometimes a nice sweet in the middle of the day is great.”

Supporting active duty troops is something that’s near and dear to Brautigan’s heart.

“My dad was active duty,” Brautigan said. “I taught with the Department of Defense and traveled all around the U.S. and the world.”

Back