• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best place to print/make copies?

DirtyDog

Inactive
Reaction score
Just wondering what might be the best option for making large numbers of copies or printing out large documents.  For instance, I'm not completely sure how appropiate it would be for me to print out a 500+ page PAM in the company office for *personal* use.  I could ask, and seeing how thousands of copies of things are made for course and what not, but if there is a relatively cheap alternative, I might take advantage of it.

I sincerely hate reading PDFs on a computer screen.

staples?  I print high volume stuff there on occasion and it's pretty reasonable.

Lil_T said:
staples?  I print high volume stuff there on occasion and it's pretty reasonable.
$?

I have no idea but I was under the assumption it wasn't all that cost effective.

If it's *personal*, what is it doing on your computer at work? There are times when people think it's for personal use, but if it's meant to enhance your skills used at work, then print it. Example - a course your taking to improve your typing skills, or a leadership game / article... if it's not even close to anything military related, put it on a memory stick (preferrably from your home as there are security concerns) and ask a friend to print it. Offer him / her the paper and go to G&T to buy the paper... 7 bucks a bundle (500 sheets in a bundle)

If it is CF/DND related and going to be used in the "office" and not at "HOME", then there is a form that you can utilize for printing.  In most locations, you can send it to the Queen's Printer (old name that many still use to call the new privatized company) now known as St Joseph's Printing in most locations.  They are the ones who usually will do up most of DND's large print jobs.  They also do most of the Federal Government contracts.

On another point;  What WARNING is placed on the front of the publication?  It may not be very wise to take an electronic copy to a civilian establishment to have reproduced in hardcopy, even if it is for DND related reasons.

When I say "personal", I mean it's for my own personal use but it is of course work related . Mainly I'm talking PAMs here.  Weapons, Fieldcraft, CFOSP, Infnatry Pl in Battle, that kind of thing.  I hate reading PDFs on a screen and it's awkward printing off 500+ pages in the company office.  Just looking for a cheap easy alternative, or maybe I'll just say to hell with it and print them off at work with reckless abandon until someone chews me out.

DirtyDog said:
When I say "personal", I mean it's for my own personal use but it is of course work related . Mainly I'm talking PAMs here.  Weapons, Fieldcraft, CFOSP, Infnatry Pl in Battle, that kind of thing.  I hate reading PDFs on a screen and it's awkward printing off 500+ pages in the company office.  Just looking for a cheap easy alternative, or maybe I'll just say to hell with it and print them off at work with reckless abandon until someone chews me out.

Check your unit library, they usually have quite a few Pams sitting there for you to sign out.  Plus they have the neccessary contacts if stuff needs to be printed off.

Back