• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BIQ becoming mandatory??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spctr

Inactive
Reaction score
Just trying to see if anyone knows more about this.  There are a few people at the base I am working at who's trade requires SQ but not BIQ who have been asked to do BIQ now as well.  There was also some "rumors"  :-\ going around about a move towards having every soldier temporarily "re-assigned" to a combat trade for a few years before being allowed to continue in their original trade.  I couldn't find any documents to support this so I don't know the truth of the matter.  Maybe someone here has more insight into what is happening?

Thanks,

spctr

Not sure what you mean "how many times must we go over this?"  As far as I have heard, this is new.  It is not in reference to SQ requirement, or even really the forced BIQ, rather, the stuff I have been hearing is referencing a temporary "re-assignment" of people to a combat arms trade for 3 years, then they will be "re-assigned" back into their original trade.  This apparently applies across the board, techs, ops, etc.  I am sorry if this has been addressed before, but I did do a search and I can't find any topic that has dealt with this.  I am hoping that this is all just rumor, and has no substance, but that is why I have posed the question on the forums.  If this has been dealt with before, please point me to the relevant thread.

Thanks,

spctr

I have also heard much talk about this....Not sure if it is just rumors though. And Im pretty sure they tried this back in 92 as well...

If this is true what about people like me that have V4 vision restrictions Combat Arms is minimum V3. If that plan on doing this are they going to exempt us or give wavers or readjust medical standards?
I am current a 421 I would jump on the Chance to re muster to 031.

As usual can we stop spreading rumours and unconfirmed information........

Pte. (R) Amlin said:
If this is true what about people like me that have V4 vision restrictions Combat Arms is minimum V3. If that plan on doing this are they going to exempt us or give wavers or readjust medical standards?
I am current a 421 I would jump on the Chance to re muster to 031.

I have said this before, and I guess I will say it again:  If they re-role Recruits in the Training System they will do so, keeping in mind that there are different Medical Category requirements for different Trades.  If you are not able to meet the Medical Category required for a Trade, you will not be put into that Trade.

So in your case you meet the requirements for the 421 Trade.  You do not meet the requirements for the 031 Trade.  You are not likely to be re-roled 031.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back