• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ-AUG 26th

The joining instructions say casual dress pants and casual dress collared shirts so I'm bringing black pants and dress shirts. I'll probably pack a pair of jeans for when we get weekends off later on in the course.

I read that too. The reason I bring it up is because I've read on this site somewhere that people who were over-dressed in those first couple days wished they had just worn jeans and a polo like other people. But I don't recall whether it was people talking about BMQ or BMOQ.

Also, I swear in tomorrow. I'm very excited for this!

Stiman said:
I read that too. The reason I bring it up is because I've read on this site somewhere that people who were over-dressed in those first couple days wished they had just worn jeans and a polo like other people. But I don't recall whether it was people talking about BMQ or BMOQ.

Also, I swear in tomorrow. I'm very excited for this!

Join the club!

Honestly, bring a pair of dress pants and a few shirts. Bring jeans too ... and some comfy polo's or something. I'm sure you will get some time to change if it comes down to us being overdressed. Just do your best to following the joining instructions to a T. 

Where in BC are you flying from Lysandria? Anyone else leaving from Victoria on the 24th?

Lysandria said:
The joining instructions say casual dress pants and casual dress collared shirts so I'm bringing black pants and dress shirts. I'll probably pack a pair of jeans for when we get weekends off later on in the course.

Hey, out of curiosity, which joining instructions are you reading? The link with the Candidate Information Booklet provided to me is dated July 2012.  Consult page 6, it doesn't specify dress clothing but COMFORTABLE clothes. 

Just want to make sure i'm reading the most recent+ accurate material. 

There's a PDF download at cflrs.forces.gc.ca. I imagine it's the latest version.

I think it says comfortable dress pants.

Just looked it up. Annex B, Part 1 lists civilian clothes to bring. It says casual dress pants and shirts.

skyhigh10 said:
Hey, out of curiosity, which joining instructions are you reading? The link with the Candidate Information Booklet provided to me is dated July 2012.  Consult page 6, it doesn't specify dress clothing but COMFORTABLE clothes. 

Just want to make sure i'm reading the most recent+ accurate material.

I got the same link. Honestly I would just go with exactly what it says, comfortable clothes. Nothing with screaming logo's but something that you'd feel comfortable wearing to a job interview without feeling overdressed. I hope that makes sense. 

I created facebook group for our BMOQ platoon L17. If you want to join- send me PM and I will add you.

Stiman said:
Just looked it up. Annex B, Part 1 lists civilian clothes to bring. It says casual dress pants and shirts.

Well that leads me to one more question.

How come there is an "X" in said column instead of a "1" for Quantity. Optional? Not required?  I mean there is also an X for casual dress shoes, non marking sport shoes (separate from running shoes) , and so on. For bathing suit (provided by QM as stated), has an X beside it yet is listed under "arrival" . 

Cheers.  See you all in 9 days

I think the 'X' indicates an unspecified quantity. That's my guess.

Hey guys, looks like I'm joining this part a little late.
I look forward to meeting everyone.
I'm getting sworn in Thursday and flying out 2 days after! It all feels a little quick but at least that gives me no time to think about things to much!

You outta New West?  I was there on 14th for swearing-in, and when talking about the short notice, Captain said they said they have one person gonna be *super-last-minute* for this group.  Sounds like you fit the bill! Lol

I'll clear some stuff up for you guys. When it says casual dress clothing, it's worded really badly. Wear casual clothes and that includes jeans. My best bet would be a polo and jeans with running shoes. I just graduated the April officer course and we all showed up in dress clothing and dress shoes only to change into running shoes and jeans the next day.  Don't waste the space, bring one set of dress clothes if you want but make sure you have enough casual because that is what you'll be wearing until you get your combats.

Also,  you're going to have some "fun" people who are going to be recoursed onto your platoon once you get to CFLRS. If they are the ones I'm thinking of,  for your own good don't put much stock into what they tell you.

Reaper-1 said:
I'll clear some stuff up for you guys. When it says casual dress clothing, it's worded really badly. Wear casual clothes and that includes jeans. My best bet would be a polo and jeans with running shoes. I just graduated the April officer course and we all showed up in dress clothing and dress shoes only to change into running shoes and jeans the next day.  Don't waste the space, bring one set of dress clothes if you want but make sure you have enough casual because that is what you'll be wearing until you get your combats.

Also,  you're going to have some "fun" people who are going to be recoursed onto your platoon once you get to CFLRS. If they are the ones I'm thinking of,  for your own good don't put much stock into what they tell you.

WHAT!....OCdts wearing jeans?......Sacrilege!

I was on the same course as Reaper-1....

I echo everything he said. Please don't show up in a shirt and tie. How comfortable do you think you will be climbing 13 flights of stairs 3+ times a day in a tie?

Also yea - please enjoy your recoursee's LOL - one in particular should be good for a laugh or 2

The rest you can figure out on your own.....enjoy the experience.

:)

Back