• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ - Reserve ( merged )

I am wondering if someone knows of the upcoming dates for BMOQ-L (aka CAP), this summer/fall/winter?  I am PRes and there are a couple other officers at my unit looking for the dates, but cannot seem to track anything down. Are modules still an option? My unit has been unable to find that answer out as well, but most are saying 'yes', but cannot confirm this. From reading other threads, seems to be a mix of yes you can still do the mods, or no you cannot do the mods.

Greatly appreciated!

spacey said:
I am wondering if someone knows of the upcoming dates for BMOQ-L (aka CAP), this summer/fall/winter?  I am PRes and there are a couple other officers at my unit looking for the dates, but cannot seem to track anything down. Are modules still an option? My unit has been unable to find that answer out as well, but most are saying 'yes', but cannot confirm this. From reading other threads, seems to be a mix of yes you can still do the mods, or no you cannot do the mods.

Greatly appreciated!
There seems to be some flux happening. Check with your training officer and or Sr. NCO. Also, check the Army National Calendar. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The information I have from my reserve unit is that there is a serial starting 5 June in Aldershot. This is the last mod one to run. It is intended to include those who have already completed some mods, to give them a chance to complete the course.

Hi people! Writing from Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada. I applied for a part time officier position in the reserve since I am at the university for the next 4 years.

I haven't been enrolled yet, but I am waiting for a confirmation really soon. If everything works out, I should start the training for officiers this summer (June 2018). I have some questions on this regard, since I am not really sure about what to expect. I will try to make my questions a bit general, so it will serve other people as well.

1. I am a woman in her mid 20s. Should I expect sexual harassment once at the camp during summer? Can the instructors be trusted on this issue? (Abuse of power.) Are the male recruits generally respectful towards women or is it going to be really bad? I have a strong character and I know I have what it takes to go in the army; I am just looking for feedbacks.

2. I passed the 3 tests (writing, medical, physical). But there has been no requirement for a drug test (no blood test, no pee test). I was very surprised by that. Is there any of those tests during the BMOQ? Should I expect to have one right at the beginning at my arrival? How does this work? I know they say it is random, but so far I got so many different answers from different people that I would like to know your point of view on this. Is there or is there not a drug test during the camp? Should I expect blood, pee or hair test?

3. Can you ask for a transfer within the forces once you have been trained? Let's say I would like to change the type of job I have after 3 years, is that something that can be done?

4. I know my physical condition is good, but I am not a hero (haha). I can run 5k in 27 minutes (normal pace, I could definitively run it a bit faster than that). Am I then considered as a loser, last girl at the finish line and lazy or is that pace decent for now? (Since I didn't have my training yet.) And for the push-ups, I am definitively a loser, I know, I know. Do you have any recommendation for me? I have a bit more than 2 months in front of me, so if I should make sure to achieve something in particular before my arrival at the camp, I would like to know.

5. I am a very smart girl, therefore I often ask questions (but never in an arrogant way or to defy authority, always from genuine curiosity or interest). Should I learn to not ask any questions? How silent should I make sure I am? I wanna make a good impression and I know I have good attitude. Any advice would be appreciated.

6. Have anyone ever experienced betrayal from a former recruit or collegue during camp? I know we are all stuck together and everything so, I am wondering if assholes are shamed for their actions or if most people stay silent in front of abuse (coming from peers).

7. Can anybody talk to me about the food? How often in a day do you have access to food? Can you have snacks? Is the food good and fresh? I am addicted to food. Eating is my favorite activity. Staying away from food for too long is almost stressing me more than rapists. Almost.

So well. I think it is enough for today. Thank you in advance for your replies!

These discussions may be of interest to you,

kathy444 said:
I am a woman in her mid 20s. Should I expect sexual harassment once at the camp during summer? Can the instructors be trusted on this issue? (Abuse of power.) Are the male recruits generally respectful towards women or is it going to be really bad? I have a strong character and I know I have what it takes to go in the army; I am just looking for feedbacks.

Sexual Assault & Sexual Misconduct in the CF 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/478.1200
49 pages.

kathy444 said:
I passed the 3 tests (writing, medical, physical). But there has been no requirement for a drug test (no blood test, no pee test). I was very surprised by that. Is there any of those tests during the BMOQ? Should I expect to have one right at the beginning at my arrival? How does this work? I know they say it is random, but so far I got so many different answers from different people that I would like to know your point of view on this. Is there or is there not a drug test during the camp? Should I expect blood, pee or hair test?

drug testing in the CF
https://army.ca/forums/threads/16153.650
28 pages.

Random Drug testing 
https://army.ca/forums/threads/125666.0

kathy444 said:
Can you ask for a transfer within the forces once you have been trained? Let's say I would like to change the type of job I have after 3 years, is that something that can be done?

Voluntary Occupational Transfer ( VOT )
https://milnet.ca/forums/threads/21109.0.html
32 pages.

kathy444 said:
I know my physical condition is good, but I am not a hero (haha). I can run 5k in 27 minutes (normal pace, I could definitively run it a bit faster than that). Am I then considered as a loser, last girl at the finish line and lazy or is that pace decent for now? (Since I didn't have my training yet.) And for the push-ups, I am definitively a loser, I know, I know. Do you have any recommendation for me? I have a bit more than 2 months in front of me, so if I should make sure to achieve something in particular before my arrival at the camp, I would like to know.

Physical Fitness (Jogging, Diet, Cardiovascular, and Strength )
https://army.ca/forums/threads/23364.0
26 pages.

kathy444 said:
Can anybody talk to me about the food? How often in a day do you have access to food? Can you have snacks? Is the food good and fresh? I am addicted to food. Eating is my favorite activity. Staying away from food for too long is almost stressing me more than rapists. Almost.

Food
https://www.google.ca/search?rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-CA%3AIE-Address&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&dcr=0&ei=QY-cWrDaDuSMtgXXz5ewBg&q=site%3Aarmy.ca+food&oq=site%3Aarmy.ca+food&gs_l=psy-ab.3...3363.6218.0.6579.9.9.0.0.0.0.92.640.9.9.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.bMfvNzqy3Vw

Anyone know when the next basic and officer courses will be happening in Meaford or Borden?  I mean for reservists. I was told the officer courses don’t always get offered in Ontario. But that there may be one in Meaford soon. Traveling outside of province will be hard for me so I’m hoping I can negotiate doing my courses near toronto.

I only applied as infantry officer, and was told that I should be getting my offer soon :) does anyone know if there’s a BMOQ in November?

Application Date: 03/21/18
First Contact: 03/22/18
CFAT: 04/18/18
Medical: 05/02/18
Interview: 05/11/18
Background Check: 06/25/18
Medical Approved (due to history of pulmonary embolism): 09/11/18
Competition Listed: End of September 2018
Offer of Employment: TBD
Enrollment Ceremony: TBD
BMOQ: TBD

roxibr1011 said:
does anyone know if there’s a BMOQ in November?

Where are you from? I'm from the Montreal Area, the closest BMQ (Reserve officers don't do BMOQ) is January 11th.

Back