• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMOQ - September 2011

Ayrsayle

Inactive
Mentor
Reaction score
Just figured I'd post this up, as some of us are starting to hear the good news.

Toss your names on here - would be really nice to get to know the people I will be working with!

Ayrsayle

I received the formal offer with BMOQ dates of September 26 - February 3 (arrive St.Jean September 24).  Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Hey there. I was wondering when a post about this course would be made.

Anyway, I'm headed there on the 24th as well and I'm looking forward to meeting you all. PM me if you want to exchange emails or facebook info.

Hey Guys, I just got my phone call for BMOQ in September as well. I got accepted as an Armored Officer. What trades are you guys in for? Anyways, it will be good to meet you all in the fall.

Infantry Officer myself - Congrats Jburchat and Tethan, now we just have to wait (grins)

Ahh nuts... 2 of 3 jobs I applied for are being selected. Good jobs guys, keep fingers crossed I get a call lol. I applied DEO for armour inf and health care admin hopefully ill see all of you in sept

cnobbs84 said:
Ahh nuts... 2 of 3 jobs I applied for are being selected. Good jobs guys, keep fingers crossed I get a call lol. I applied DEO for armour inf and health care admin hopefully ill see all of you in sept

Pretty sure HCA doesn't get official picking till mid August... seemed to be a bit of competition in the trade as well and not many openings.

I am on the East Coast and the recruiter told me that the selection date for Infantry/Armour Officer was August 2nd.  Does anyone know why offers have already been sent out?

To my understanding Infantry and Armoured both are selected locally - not on a specific set date. It might be that they have finished selection for the upcoming BMOQ however and will recheck in August.  I definitely got my offer on Friday for Infantry Officer.

Ayrsayle said:
To my understanding Infantry and Armoured both are selected locally - not on a specific set date. It might be that they have finished selection for the upcoming BMOQ however and will recheck in August.  I definitely got my offer on Friday for Infantry Officer.

Oh ok... Cause I remember that the SGT did say something along the lines that BMOQ would most likely be in October. I'll call tomorrow and just get an update/

Ayrsayle said:

Ok thank you for the clarification Ayrsayle and congrats on the job offer.  I hear that the training is extremely demanding but worth it in the end.  I just handed my papers in at the end of June after finding out that MARS is a no go for the year (was merit listed too).  Hopefully everything will move quickly.

I officially accepted the offer. See you guys all September 26!

So far I am the only EME guy here. Hopefully there will be more!

jmusic88 said:
I officially accepted the offer. See you guys all September 26!

So far I am the only EME guy here. Hopefully there will be more!
Congratulations!!!!
One of my  choices is  EME. If they offer me I can be also EME.We'll see.
I hope ...

Congratulations to jmusic88, Tethan, jburchat, and Ayrsayle.  I look forward to meeting all of you in September, the people will certainly make the place.  I'm 23 from Ottawa, Ontario, DEO Infantry Officer, what about you guys? 

sky777 said:
Congratulations!!!!
One of my  choices is  EME. If they offer me I can be also EME.We'll see.
I hope ...

Thank you!! and I hope you get your #1 choice or any choice at that!

Brandon J said:
Congratulations to jmusic88, Tethan, jburchat, and Ayrsayle.  I look forward to meeting all of you in September, the people will certainly make the place.  I'm 23 from Ottawa, Ontario, DEO Infantry Officer, what about you guys?

I am 22 but I will turn 23 on the 14th of September, so going to BMOQ and being yelled at will be my birthday gift :p haha.
Oh and from Toronto! But I will be leaving from Ottawa on the 24th to Montreal on the train, and then to St-Jean so I will probably see you on the train!

Thus far, I'll be the token "old guy" - 27, will be 28 during BMOQ - Infantry as well.

Ayrsayle said:
Thus far, I'll be the token "old guy" - 27, will be 28 during BMOQ - Infantry as well.

As hard to believe as it may be, there are people out there who receive offers, join the CF and attend basic training never having registered here as users or even heard of this site.

CDN Aviator said:
As hard to believe as it may be, there are people out there who receive offers, join the CF and attend basic training never having registered here as users or even heard of this site.

Yes, but I for one consider myself quite lucky to have access to the information posted on here - like getting to know a few of my fellow "works in progress".

People join the CF without knowing about Army.ca? quick guys, we've got 2 months to fix that!  ;D

Ayrsayle said:
Yes, but I for one consider myself quite lucky to have access to the information posted on here - like getting to know a few of my fellow "works in progress".

People join the CF without knowing about Army.ca? quick guys, we've got 2 months to fix that!  ;D

I was just trying to say that i doubt you will be the "token old guy". You are too young for that and there will be more people on course with you than just those who post here.

Good luck.

Back