• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ 2018 - Regular Force

Confirmed from BMQ staff. It’s a 10 week program starting fiscal year 2018/2019.

Bbmoveup said:
Confirmed from BMQ staff. It’s a 10 week program starting fiscal year 2018/2019.

Does anyone know why? Or what the program will look like now? I'm wondering if they took something out or if they condensed the training...

Who cares why?

Pass BMQ and your trades training.

zoemarisadawn said:
Does anyone know why? Or what the program will look like now? I'm wondering if they took something out or if they condensed the training...

I wouldn’t be too concerned. Pers of all ranks have been talking about the course changing to 10 weeks since before I was there starting in 2014. A Capt, a WO et. al. came in and addressed PAT on different occasions saying it was definitely going to be shorter, yup, starting soon. 10 weeks. Definitely. Absolutely. Yup. That was 4+ years ago.

Just wait until you get there. If it’s shorter than 12 weeks, that’s a bonus. If not? That’s fine too. Things have changed in terms of course content and specific required items (i.e. the 13km ruck), and no doubt things will continue to change. But the reasons why vary and as was stated earlier, it doesn’t really matter why. When you graduate you’ll quickly begin hearing (if you haven’t already) how the course differed before your time. When you do, be thankful you were able to benefit and before long it’ll be your turn to regale others with your tales of how much your BMQ course differed from what the newest graduates had to do.

Of course, that being said, I’m checking the course dates on the DWAN tomorrow...

My expectations:

1. Less Lecture, followed by pre-test lecture reviewing the material, followed by test.  Elapsed time: two hours.  Replacement: Teach how to find information (regulations, policies etc) and stop testing for ability to parrot something you'll dump as soon as the test is over.

2. Drop some drill.  Everyone who has every done an "about turn on the march" outside of BMQ, please raise your hand.  Anyone?  Bueller?  Exactly.  If it's never used, why waste time on it?

dapaterson said:
My expectations:

1. Less Lecture, followed by pre-test lecture reviewing the material, followed by test.  Elapsed time: two hours.  Replacement: Teach how to find information (regulations, policies etc) and stop testing for ability to parrot something you'll dump as soon as the test is over.

2. Drop some drill.  Everyone who has every done an "about turn on the march" outside of BMQ, please raise your hand.  Anyone?  Bueller?  Exactly.  If it's never used, why waste time on it?

Less lecture would be great. We absorb next to nothing. That makes sense. But in keeping with the physical demands essential to course, I’d like to think they wouldn’t cut drill. I loved drill, I just hated marching way the hell out to HD ‘whateveritwas’ ...4?...for it, haha.

Removing basic drill from BMQ, only adds to other complaints "low FORCE standard"

Bbmoveup said:

I looked at CFLRS A,B & C Div BMQ courses today for as far in advance as they have posted into 2018/19 FY on the DWAN. While there are a few which fall a bit shy of exactly 12 weeks, there are none that are 10 weeks. (That being said, as of right now there are no courses listed which start and end in the new FY. The ones currently listed carry over...)

Hey guys Irecieved notice that I will be starting bmq on April 28 2018. Just curious if anyone else is logged on same date as me

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has the same bmq start date as I do on April 28th 2018

BeyondTheNow said:
I looked at CFLRS A,B & C Div BMQ courses today for as far in advance as they have posted into 2018/19 FY on the DWAN. While there are a few which fall a bit shy of exactly 12 weeks, there are none that are 10 weeks. (That being said, as of right now there are no courses listed which start and end in the new FY. The ones currently listed carry over...)

Thought I'd take a moment and follow up...

Well, it would seem after at least 5 yrs of rumour and speculation, it's finally come to fruition. According to the publicly accessible schedules, BMQ courses are currently slated for a 10 week duration, and in a few instances, they're technically shorter than exactly 10 weeks. It looks like R0001E, R0002E & R0003E from April 16, 2018 to June 21, 2018 is the start of the new course and there's corresponding course TP info on the DIN as well.

External link CFLRS schedules:http://www.forces.gc.ca/en/training-establishments/recruit-school.page#calendar2

jacobcastt99 said:
Hey guys just wondering if anyone has the same bmq start date as I do on April 28th 2018

I report to St Jean on April 28 for the April 30 start date so I guess we’re platoon mates.

Back