• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Age group

Miko

Inactive
Reaction score
Whats the common age group seen at BMQ? Comprised mostly of 18-22? Or 25-30?

Thanks

Ya, I'm aware of that, but I am interested in an average.

NO one can tell you the average age, every single BMQ is different. You will have some bmq's with many adults, some with many young adults, and some with both young adults and adults. It does not matter in the end, you are there to become a soldier, nothing less. In the end you will all come out the same and have accomplished the same goals.

My husband is in BMQ now and it's too hard to tell an average the majority of his platoon is 18-25 with a few in their 30's and one guys  who 55.

My brother in law just completed his a few months ago, said that a large amount of the people were late teens and early 20s, with a light sprinkle of early 30s and one over 40. Said that almost all the BMQ's at the time were around the same.

On my BMQ the averge age was 17 we had a few 16 years olds, the oldest guy was 20

Mike Baker said:
Ahh I got 'ya. Figured it couldn't have been a Reg Force BMQ, so I wondered.

On my reg force IAP the average age was 18, so, outrageously low. I think it makes a difference what time of the year, for ROTP at least. During the late summer (July-August) the younger ones (people just graduating high school) can go on course, whereas DEO or CFR or CEOTP can go all year round, and they tend to be older.

Okay, thanks guys. Thats the awnser I was looking for.

Rowshambow said:
55? is that not CRA?

As per the email that went around a few weeks ago, anyone arriving at BMQ that is 55 is immediately released.

Again, so people are clear. Note the highlighted portion.

A few examples: 

A 55 yr old man (CRA...) showed up at CFLRS; was out the very next day.
A 54 yr old woman showed up at CFLRS; failed CF Expres in week Zero and was released.
A relatively heavy recruit could not go up the stairs; was immediately released.
One recruit has been there for three years due to injuries that keep occurring...

"One recruit has been there for three years due to injuries that keep occurring... "

Holy shit, I thought after 2-3 injuries they get released....does that recruit have a golden horseshoe or a 1200 leaf clover?

RTaylor said:
"One recruit has been there for three years due to injuries that keep occurring... "

Holy shit, I thought after 2-3 injuries they get released....

If you end up on successive categories for the same injury, you may be looking at getting released. If a member get injury "A" while on course, gets better, starts course again and gets injury "B" and so on, i can see him/her still being there. Its unfortunate but if they are unrelated and separate in jury, theres no justification kicking the member out.

I have no idea if that makes sense the way i typed it out.

why was the word BMQ replaced with Camping in this thread?

Back