• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ APRIL 18th 2016

Got my enrollment package today, now just to begin filling out the paperwork. Sixteen days until swearing in. :D

Colta said:
Got my enrollment package today, now just to begin filling out the paperwork. Sixteen days until swearing in. :D

Good news !! A week today for me..

On the security clearance it asks for the past 10 years of employment. Oh boy. My new jobs every two weeks in high have come back to haunt me.

My writing hand is soreĀ  :facepalm:

Leeworthy said:
Congrats all on the start of a very awesome career!

Just noticed this.. Thank you Leeworthy, I'm sure I can speak for all of us and say we're excited and nervous as hell lol!

Sadly I'm not sure which is felt more.. Haha

BigRed94 said:
Good news !! A week today for me..

On the security clearance it asks for the past 10 years of employment. Oh boy. My new jobs every two weeks in high have come back to haunt me.

My writing hand is soreĀ  :facepalm:

Haha, yeah... Me too. I have quite a few summer and in between courses jobs while I was in college, so lots to put down. Ah well... We'll only have to fill this paperwork out another 3-4 times between now and bmq. :P

Hey all, I am swearing in tomorrow in Barrie at the age of 20! I'm going for Weapons Engineering Tech in the Naval Environment! Very excited to start basic training and meet my new brothers for the next three months!

Rtrybuch said:
Hey all, I am swearing in tomorrow in Barrie at the age of 20! I'm going for Weapons Engineering Tech in the Naval Environment! Very excited to start basic training and meet my new brothers for the next three months!

Welcome aboard Rtry.. Someone else around my age! I just turned 21 myself.
Very excited as well for this whole journey..
If you wouldn't mind, myself as well as others I'm sure would love to hear how the enrolment ceremony goes.

Best of luck !
Spencer

Rtrybuch said:

Howdy! Congrats and enjoy your swearing in. See you on the 16th. :D
All you young-un's, I feel old now. :P

Swearing in date just got bumped up, swearing in on the 24th (next Thursday) now.Ā  :dunno: Lol... cool!

Colta said:
Swearing in date just got bumped up, swearing in on the 24th (next Thursday) now.Ā  :dunno: Lol... cool!

Haha woot woot! Because if you weren't excited enough already..

Congrats on the good news!

BigRed94 said:
Haha woot woot! Because if you weren't excited enough already..

Congrats on the good news!

Haha! Tell me about it! I can't wait! 8 days!Ā  ;D

So how's eveyone making out? Less than a month until we arrive at CFLRS!

Colta said:
So how's eveyone making out? Less than a month until we arrive at CFLRS!

Trying to buy/find everything on the kit list, getting more excited as the days roll by.

Enrolment is tomorrow! Then it'll feel real.

Yourself?

BigRed94 said:
Trying to buy/find everything on the kit list, getting more excited as the days roll by.

Enrolment is tomorrow! Then it'll feel real.

Yourself?

Pretty darn excited. I've got most of the things I need from the kit list, just a few odds and ends now. It's all sitting on my desk taunting me. :P Put my notice in at work, which I'm sort of regretting... my hours got cut down to nothing afterwards. And yeah... working out a ton and trying to mentally prep and plan things out for the next year or so. :P
I've been building up a budget and getting everything squared away for my husband since I'm the one that usually handles that all.

Come Thursday when I enroll, then it will probably sink in and it'll be a big "well then... " kind of moment. Have fun tomorrow at your enrollment! Let us know what platoon you're going to be on. :D

Hey all! I did my swearing in on march 16th in ottawa. Im coming from cfb petawawa, and am entering as a combat engineer! Cant wait to get there and meet everyone. :)

regimbald735 said:
Hey all! I did my swearing in on march 16th in ottawa. Im coming from cfb petawawa, and am entering as a combat engineer! Cant wait to get there and meet everyone. :)

Welcome and congrats!

All sworn in today, going to be on platoon R00153E. Can't wait!

Colta said:
Welcome and congrats!

All sworn in today, going to be on platoon R00153E. Can't wait!
How do you know which platoon you'll be in? Did i just miss it somewhere?

Turnbull said:
How do you know which platoon you'll be in? Did i just miss it somewhere?
It was on the paperwork I got, but it should be on the posting message too. Something like BMQ 153...

Colta said:
It was on the paperwork I got, but it should be on the posting message too. Something like BMQ 153...
Cool thanks, completely missed that. Anyone else got 150E?

Turnbull said:
Cool thanks, completely missed that. Anyone else got 150E?

There's two combat engineers that I know are going to be on that platoon.

Back