• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ BORDEN JANUARY 2011

What Element Are You Going Into?

• Army

Votes: 21 46.7%
  • Navy

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Air Force

Votes: 11 24.4%

• Total voters
Pegcity said:
congrats to everyone going to BMQ.

Great to hear your support for their course. Keep that support in mind throughout.

I live here now and cautioned dooley1 about his knowledge. He was happy to hear current
up to date info.

I do not know all what BMOQ offers, but I wish you all the best.

kratz said:
Great to hear your support for their course. Keep that support in mind throughout.

I live here now and cautioned dooley1 about his knowledge. He was happy to hear current
up to date info.

I do not know all what BMOQ offers, but I wish you all the best.

Thank you, it should be humbling to say the least. I am really looking forward to getting started.

Hey all.  A Facebook group is up for us.  Search "CFB Borden BMQ Jan10/11" or click the link. 

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=141085139260452&v=wall&ref=ts

Cheers.  :salute:  :cdn:

Hey guys!!! I got my call August 11. Probably best day of my life thus far. Especially after being told in July that i'd probably have to wait till next summer before I heard anything.

Dennis Harris 23 Artillery

Take care guys (and girls), and hopefully see you there!

Harris

Anyone who has facebook and is heading to Borden January 2011 join,
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=141085139260452&v=wall&ref=ts

Train hard and safely. Take my word for it, I was suppose to be leaving next Saturday but due to a case of runners knee. I'm now in January course. Stretch and warm up properly!!!! Seriously!!!

Hey guys,

I received my call a while ago and just stumbled across this forum. I'm pretty excited to finally be going, it's been a long road. I was told I am flying out on the 8th from Victoria. Any other Victoria folk? I wouldn't mind a few training buddies.. I'm a 25 year old single dad, in for Navy Electronics Technician.

Hey Dunner,  Welcome to the group!  So far our group is spread from all over Canada.  I could possibly run into you on the way to Borden though, I'm flying from Kamloops.

Hey Dunner nice to talk to ya! I'll be a marine electrician so we'll get along i'm sure lol

Hey guys, awesome to see everyone is as stoked as me to get started! I'm going in for Aerospace Control OP. Got the call late August, leaving from Vancouver January 9th. Joined the FB group. See you all soon!

Hello All!!!

I am excited  :nod: to be there on Jan 10, 2011...I am currently living in Mississauga ON...

Occup Trade:  MARINE ELECTRICIAN
My Last Name:  BILLANES

Cheers!

haha well unless I missed something looks like I'm the only one coming out of the maritimes ! how's it going everyone my name is Doug Peterson and I'm Artillery -Field and im from Halifax Nova Scotia. Got my call a little awhile ago but first attempted to join when i was 16 now at the age of 21 am more ready mentally then i could ever be and cant wait to get going and i hope all you are too !

Hey guys, I'm on course right now from Borden (on a hard earned weekend leave). a few suggestions, get in shape! you have no excuse to not be in great shape when you get there since you know what's coming. Don't forget your legs are an important part of fitness and give them a good workout. Run, run, run! Also there are good times, and bad. But it is all so very much worth pushing forward to be one of the proud protecting Canada's, and it's persons, interests. Good luck, stay fit, and keep your chin up always. Show up with a positive attitude, and remember this course relies heavily on teamwork, so be a team player.

Exercise suggestions:

Squats
Flutter Kicks
Plank
Bridge
Push-ups
Crunches
Running/Sprinting/Jogging
Lunges
Burpees
Bicycles

Cheers,

STYG

Hey everyone i was just wondering if you guys think i will be joining you cause i plan on going to the reqruitment office this week if i got time or on monday. If i get the call saying i am then sweet ill post up here again all my info and hope to see you all there. :cdn:

Ummmmmm.

Perhaps you had better prepare yourself by reading the topic on "Trades OPEN / Closed ?" and some of the other topics where members have posted of their experiences in the Recruiting process.

Is this thread also for the BMQ start date of 17 January 2011 in Borden?  Or should I start a new one??

Thanks

Tfly

tfly said:
Is this thread also for the BMQ start date of 17 January 2011 in Borden?  Or should I start a new one??

This thread is for all January BMQ courses in Borden.  No need to start a new thread.

You're welcome!  ;)

Back