• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ for July 2011

CDBoych

Inactive
Reaction score
Just joined this site (although I've been ghosting for months), and thought as my first post, I would start up a thread for those heading off to CFLRS for 9 July 2011.

I just received an email last week letting me know I'd finally be doing my BMQ then.

I am an NCM-SEP student in the Okanagan, entering as a Naval Weapons Tech, have no idea what happens after basic (I asked what courses, where, and when, and was told "You'll find out.  Welcome to the military."), and couldn't be more excited, and couldn't be less stoked on the waiting!

Has anyone else received word that they have been loaded on this course?

Nope, I didnt think you'd get notified by an email.

Good luck And train steadily now until BMQ

Booty22 said:
Nope, I didnt think you'd get notified by an email.

Good luck And train steadily now until BMQ

I was also notified to call the cfrc office by email for a job offer. However, I'll be there July 4th.

Achillies47 said:
I was also notified to call the cfrc office by email for a job offer. However, I'll be there July 4th.

Sweet, good luck.

CDBoych said:
Just joined this site (although I've been ghosting for months), and thought as my first post, I would start up a thread for those heading off to CFLRS for 9 July 2011.

Do you mean you're arriving at CFLRS on July 9th ... but starting on the 11th?

Stacked said:
I'm starting BMQ July 11th as a Sonar Op. :]  Taking the train July 9th. Swearing in June 21st.

CAN'T WAIT.

Congrats Stacked!!!  Glad to see that you finally have a BMQ date! 

Stacked said:
I'm starting BMQ July 11th as a Sonar Op. :]  Taking the train July 9th. Swearing in June 21st.

CAN'T WAIT.

Awesome bud!  Hope to run into you at BMQ or later in our career! Good luck

I got a call yesterday saying that my interview had expired but my job offer for naval communicator was sitting there and I am to call in this Thursday and do my interview again. As soon as I do my interview again I will be told my BMQ date, kinda sounds like I might be with you July 2011's. My Recruiting office is out of Kingston as well Stacked...so we must be kinda close in location.

Looking forward to Thursday...

Yah I am calling in Thursday morning at 9am.

I am from Belleville, so just a little down the 401.

Good luck alll, hopefully you guys get the 4th of july date like me.

Stacked said:
Looks like we will be on the same course there CDBoych!

Where are you heading from? I'm in Kingston, ON

I'm ktown too. I have an interview and med may 12

hey everyone, i just recieved word that i am also attending the july 4th BMQ flying out on july 2nd.  :cdn:

Congrats Gid86, guess I'll see you there. Where you flying out from?

Oh, good, I'm glad to see there are some people I can connect with beforehand.

As it's been a little while, a few catch-up replies:

Booty22:  Yes, I got notified by email, but simply because I'm already employed by the CF and generally deal by email.  Being a subsidized education student, I've been sworn in for almost a year now.

ayo23:  You're absolutely right, arriving on the 9th but starting on the 11th.

Stacked (et al.), I am coming from an entirely different KTown:  Kelowna, BC.  (Fabulous that they have the same local moniker.)  This will be the furthest I have ever traveled from home and I'm somewhat nervous.

I'm pleased to see others heading out around the same time!

Stacked: I applied for crewmen, combat engr and Line tech.

NikiVL: I live in Belleville too, but i go to the kingston RC. I was born in kingston but moved.

Hi everyone, happy to say that I will be joining you for the July 4th BMQ.

LMAO That would be intense if they had some sort of battle between 2 BMQ courses with paintballs and paint grenades.

Cloud: That's awesome your in Belleville too!  Good luck on your Medical and Interview on May 12th!!

I had my 5 minute phone interview to update my interview on file this morning and then I got my job offer for Naval Communicator and my BMQ date of August 1st, 2011, Swearing in is July 12th. So no July bmq for me.

Back