• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ for July 2011

Stacked said:
Checking into the Holiday Inn for the night.. Movers came and took my bed lol.  I'll be enjoying the Hot Tub and pool the night before Basic!  See you all tomorrow!

Lucky sumbitch...  I get the floor or the bench at the MTL train station, waiting for your skinny butt...

well, at least mine's free...

Rev

Hey, we are on an Electronic Trial, so they test our platoon to see if it's good to let us have the electronics. So far it looks good. I had an injury on my right knee and am now on AWT... that sucks, but life goes on.

See ya!

BlueOne said:
Hey, we are on an Electronic Trial, so they test our platoon to see if it's good to let us have the electronics. So far it looks good. I had an injury on my right knee and am now on AWT... that sucks, but life goes on.

See ya!
Hi guys. I'm on an iPhone so sorry do the terrible writing.  I'm still alive.  BMQ is going well. Week 3 starting Friday.  The mega is an interesting place.  But like it here, sometimes.  Heh. Every Friday they have a movie night at he chapel.  Go to it!!  It's great And is a good stress relief. Take care.  And Nadeau I'll miss seein you around man.  Get better.

Rev I'll get you your book back ASAP! Lol

If one of you guys gets a chance, could you explain how this electronic trial works? Are there set times when you're allowed to use them? What types of devices? I Just find it kind off odd, always figured all electronics were locked up for the duration of BMQ.

Romanmaz said:
If one of you guys gets a chance, could you explain how this electronic trial works? Are there set times when you're allowed to use them? What types of devices? I Just find it kind off odd, always figured all electronics were locked up for the duration of BMQ.

Some instructors let you keep your phones after 1800. The first few weeks could be called a trial. If someone screws up though for example like bringing their phone to class, leaving it on during inspection, or just doing whatever on it all night and not doing what needs to be done then they may take all of the platoon's phones away. So if you get this "trial" make sure no one screws it up, because being completely cut off from the outside world kind of sucks.

On week 13, still 2 and a half more to go lol honestly it has flew by...it's fun training and all you do is take it one day at a time. Once your standards are at a high level all you have to do is maintain it an then you are golden. That's when it starts to fly by.

Oh and if you see an OCdt Young with a cornflake on a blue beret then it's probably me ( I don't think there's any other Young's like that lol). Just say hey and let me know who you are if you see me, it'd be neat to meet some people from on here. What week are you wearing on your slip-on right now Stacked? And what's your name? I'll keep an eye out for you too.

To anyone rocking at the Mega right now, I'm Richards, on WFT 1, so I have a big "W" on my front, and the awesome orange brassard on my arm.  Still happy to be here, no matter where I am...

Hey, Stacked. How are you making out man? Still feeling like shit? Cat was keeping me up to date, but I haven't talked to her in awhile.

Well I'm in the field this week and then it's grad week next week so it may be a little late to spot each other around the Mega Stacked but I'll keep and eye out. Take care buddy. Enjoy the training, you do some pretty fun stuff.

I figured I'd post this here since there's no point of starting a new topic. Would wife-beaters/tank tops be considered as part of the "cotton underwear (same color) 6 pairs" part of the civilian clothing list. Are they allowed to be worn either by themselves or under clothing (during the winter months) ? Any guys on your course wearing them? I tried searching but as you can imagine typing wife-beaters into a search engine gives you alote of mixed results...

Romanmaz said:
I figured I'd post this here since there's no point of starting a new topic. Would wife-beaters/tank tops be considered as part of the "cotton underwear (same color) 6 pairs" part of the civilian clothing list. Are they allowed to be worn either by themselves or under clothing (during the winter months) ? Any guys on your course wearing them? I tried searching but as you can imagine typing wife-beaters into a search engine gives you alote of mixed results...

I didn't see anything on the CFLRS joining instructions, but BMQ Borden says on page 7, "sleeveless tshirt or tank tops will not be tolerated.":
http://www.navy.forces.gc.ca/cms_images/navres_images/units/bmqjoininginstrapr08.pdf

Back