• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ - January 2012 [Merged]

adrianl said:
Things really do just pop up. I'd been merit listed back in August as a Hull Tech and was not chosen. I'd expected to have to reapply when more trades opened up as after that merit listing was done I was told the Navy was full on all trades. Then yesterday I got my call for Sonar Op which was my second choice trade. So just hold on and they'll get to you. See you guys on Jan 23.

So excited that you posted on the wrong thread!! ;D  Good job adrianl and best of luck with the course and future training!!  :cdn:

Yeah I noticed that seconds after and there is no way to remove your posts the I can see. Anyway you guys who get to start a few weeks early will still be there when I get off the plane. So still see you on the 23rd.

First and foremost, congratulations to those accepted! ;D

However, I do have some Infantry Officer related questions.. has anyone other then Clarkyo been accepted as an Infantry Officer? If so, when did you receive the call? I was told in September they weren't hiring anymore, so I am kind of hoping the majority of positions were filled before then. It seems to me (although I am not sure), that they would need an entire class of Infantry Officers in order to continue the Infantry Officer focused stages of the training process.

I really would appreciate it if anyone can share some insight on this!

ward0043 said:
It seems to me (although I am not sure), that they would need an entire class of Infantry Officers in order to continue the Infantry Officer focused stages of the training process.

Or maybe they already have several who are waiting to start at the infantry school and there was room for one more to come after an upcoming BMOQ.

Try not to make assumptions. You don't know enough for that.

I too received the call for RMS and will be on the January 23rd BMQ course. I started the process in April of 2010 so I'm very happy the wait is finally over. :D See you all there.

I will also be there on January 23rd!
Received an e-mail with my acceptance letter and joining instructions today. I will be swearing in on January 17th. I'm coming in as a meteorological technician, AKA, a weather witch, haha.

Just got my call today, getting sworn in around the 16th of December, leaving on the 7th training starts on the 9th.

Craisome said:
Solomance when where you merit listed? and what RC did you go to?

Just looked back and it looks like my response didn't go through.

I was merit listed in June of this year I think. My medical, CFAT and interview happened fairly quickly.
After that a long wait. Cant wait to start.

Just wondering I received my job offer a week ago and haven't seen any paperwork. I know I'm just getting myself worked up over nothing as I have firm dates for training but just checking how long it's taken you guys to get your paper work.

The RC in my area told me that my medical cleared (re-entry after 3B), my references were nice to me and my file has been sent to CFSAL Borden to the file manager.  The Capt told me he doesn't know when selections happen but does he mean selection for the course or selection to be merit listed?  I've been granted RSBP, but not BMQ-L, so does that factor in to being listed/selected faster?

DogFighting101 said:
Just got my call today, getting sworn in around the 16th of December, leaving on the 7th training starts on the 9th.

For what trade?

DogFighting101 said:

DogFighting101: what trade have you been accepted for?
I'll be there in St. Jean for the same BMQ - I heard there are two platoons

I didn't get any paperwork either, but I didn't expect to.  The MCpl who called me with the job offer told me to google cflrs and download/print the Information Booklet.  She said everything I would need to know and bring, etc would be in there.  So that's what I did!  Check it out for yourself, I'm sure it will answer most, if not all, of your questions.  ;)

I am heading to BMOQ on January 9th  :) I applied for the Construction Engineering trade in May 2011.  I thought that they had filled all of the openings for this year and was pretty surprised when I got the offer a couple of days ago!

I'll be starting BMQ 7 Jan in St Jean. Recruited in Halifax, originally from Ottawa. I completed my Primary Care Paramedic Program here in Dartmouth, and was enrolled as a Med Tech back in July under the NCM-SEP. Currently working as a student at the Naval Hospital here at CFB Halifax.

I noticed in the past that other people on the forum have organized a FaceBook group to get familiar with others on the same BMQ course. Could be a good idea. 

Congratulations to everyone else who has been enrolled this year and I can't wait to see you all in St Jean!

Back