• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Nov 2010

Yeah... I'm not exactly sure how things work in terms of trade quotas vs. regions ect. ect. But I apparently "just" missed the boat. Really sucks, bt at least now I have a bit more time to square myself away before getting on course. All best to you!  :salute:

JB 11..

I believe I was Merit Listed sometime in early April for Combat Engineer. I start the 2nd week of Nov. Things were sealed up for me as well.  Keep your head up.  It'll come.

JB 11 11 said:
Yeah... I'm not exactly sure how things work in terms of trade quotas vs. regions ect. ect. But I apparently "just" missed the boat. Really sucks, bt at least now I have a bit more time to square myself away before getting on course. All best to you!  :salute:

I wouldn't worry too much.  It also makes sense.  I know I got accepted in May, but I remember hearing from people at the CFRC that numbers were getting close to "max" for many trades.  I assume that you're merit listed though?  That's a very good thing.

Yeah, I reckon its just a matter of time. I was a bit annoyed at first, but it will actually benefit me in the long run. I am abroad right now and this will give me a bit more time to sort out my affair's properly. As it was, I was expecting to have to drop everything to make a course date.

The only crap thing about all of this is, as I am abroad, I would have been flown home (potentially... has to go through a committee) to do my Medical, aptitude and interview all in the same day. But now they want to wait until one of my trades opens up before they invest the time and money... understandable, but crappy either way. :nod:

I remember when I started this thread, the topic was Nov 2010 BMQ and when someone made a post it was relevent to the topic. Go figure

I have a question for people also going to BMQ in November, or have gone recently this year.

I was browsing  the site looking through old topics(2006) and noticed that people have said when they were swearing in, that prior to that event they received a package from the Canadian Forces. Containing an acceptance letter, some video, information  that they would find useful for BMQ/swearing in ceremony. 

I received no such package/letter, I was curious did anyone else receive this letter/package and are going to BMQ in November.  My swearing-in ceremony is in 2 weeks times and am slightly worried about not receiving this if they still do in-fact send these out.  I will be contacting them probably on Tuesday  to confirm my swearing-in date is still the same date they gave me before the summer.

I have read the other threads and know what will happen at the swearing in/what to bring.

DavieRocket77 said:
I remember when I started this thread, the topic was Nov 2010 BMQ and when someone made a post it was relevent to the topic. Go figure

I want you to ask yourself this:  "Am I truly bothered by this?"

Anyway, RabbitSwiftness:  Definitely ask them about it, but it could be a number of things.  I've heard of people getting that information at the swearing in ceremony.  I got mine about two weeks ago and my swearing in is in one week.  When you call to confirm your dates, just ask about the information package.

For what it's worth, my package was just the "joining instructions" booklet and a congratulations letter.  No video stuff.  That was my stuff at least, not sure about everyone else.

I wouldn't sweat it.  The booklet is actually on the St. Jean website if you want to read it.  Take a hunt around there to find it.  Not sure how up to date it is, but it doesn't seem different from the one I have in my hands.

I swear in the week after this and haven't received this package either. I was concernEd because a year ago my brother had this package mailed to my place where he was staying. 

When I called the other day to firm up timings I was told to not worry about it and essentially that who I was talking to at least didn't really know what I was talking about.  I think it varies from RC to RC.

owa said:
I want you to ask yourself this:  "Am I truly bothered by this?"

Owa, not gonna go there. Somehow my "BMQ" thread turned into a "trades open/closed" and a ceremony "secret package thread", would this bother you?

DavieRocket77 said:
Owa, not gonna go there. Somehow my "BMQ" thread turned into a "trades open/closed" and a ceremony "secret package thread", would this bother you?

Well, even though you started the thread, I don't see how it's "yours".  Many threads get derailed here, this is not the first.

PMedMoe said:
Well, even though you started the thread, I don't see how it's "yours".  Many threads get derailed here, this is not the first.
PMedMoe, I appologize for saying the thread was "mine". I merely started this thread you are right, and also I realize that this isn't the first derailment.

Well it went from "I'm going to BMQ in November" to people discussing their nerves, asking questions they have to others going, getting information, and generally trying to fit in and get to know one another.

It might be derailment in some sense, but I don't think it's detracting from the thread.

I'm going to BMQ on November 13th (15th).  Signals Operator Trade, I've been skimming through this thread and noticed a large amount of signal operators(very interesting).  But didn't notice anyone going for November 15th, Oh well. Maybe we'll all be at kingston (if we all make it)!

I start basic November 27th. Does anyone know if we will be doing the regular 5km running outside? I know in the winter months the temperature can get down to -30 below.

Desirea701 said:
I start basic November 27th. Does anyone know if we will be doing the regular 5km running outside? I know in the winter months the temperature can get down to -30 below.

If there is no snow and/or ice on the ground, and the temperature is not below -20, BE PREPARED to run outside.

Back