• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ Nov 2010

ar886588 said:
Any one else starting basic on the Nov 27th?

BMQ at St. Jean? Sure are. You can skip back a few pages to find us, or just come introduce yourself on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=132512256786265
("Canadian Forces BMQ November 29, 2010")

There's also a group for everybody starting up in November:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=135205609853492
("Canadian Armed Forces - BMQ, St- Jean November")

Yarr!

It came down to a girlfriend or the Army!

I picked the Army!

Lets do this ya briny sea beasts!  It's going to blow, but we're going to have a pretty good time.  One weekend left to give it all you've got before you're soul is sold!  Have fun, boys and girls!

;D

My BMQ date was changed from a week and half before it was supposed to start to the 29th of November from the 15th. Kind of was really excited to go on the 13th!. I wonder if someone leaving for the 29th is suddenly is taking my spot to go for the 15th!

I was contacted on Monday to be told my Basic for Nov 29th was going to be in Borden instead of St-Jean... Works out for me it's closer to home... Was wondering if anybody else was going to be in Borden?

Yes, all of us(at least everyone in our Nov 29th Facebook group) got the call, so Borden it is :)

HUA! Still waiting for my acceptance into the group... Look forward to meeting/sweating/bleeding with you all!

I Was just wondering if anyone was going on this date? I'm driving in to borden on the 27th so I can at least get a day to hang around the place and check it out. I was originally going to St.Jean on the 13th but they called me back 2 days ago and said I was now going to borden. So I have been doing some research about borden and can't really find anything passed 2006. Back then a lot of people complained about how unorganized it was and some instructors even commented saying they didn't have enough supplies and experience to make it as professional as St.Jean. I watched a graduation video from 2005 on youtube from base borden and the marching was honestly terrible. I can't say I can do any better because I haven't been there yet but not one line was in sync, it looked like their legs were all over the place as compared to St.Jean where it is very tight and organized and looks amazing. I also read that base borden got a major grant to give borden a so called "face lift" this year and was also wondering if that was in effect yet?

Just requested to join the facebook group for 29th of november

RabbitSwiftness said:
I'm going to BMQ on November 13th (15th).  Signals Operator Trade, I've been skimming through this thread and noticed a large amount of signal operators(very interesting).  But didn't notice anyone going for November 15th, Oh well. Maybe we'll all be at kingston (if we all make it)!

You are all alone.  :piper:

I looked at the updated platoon list we have on the wall here and noticed that the Nov. 15 platoon isn't on there anymore, which is odd.

FyroniK said:
You are all alone.  :piper:

I looked at the updated platoon list we have on the wall here and noticed that the Nov. 15 platoon isn't on there anymore, which is odd.

Yeah I was told that St jean cancelled on them, My day has been moved to the 27th of November, I will be going to St Jean and not Borden.

RabbitSwiftness said:
Yeah I was told that St jean cancelled on them, My day has been moved to the 27th of November, I will be going to St Jean and not Borden.

Welcome to blue sector ;). Lucky you.

Back